It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are we? Mark? Police State? Economy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think you're right in a lot of ways with this post. It is very late in the game, but I also feel like the people that are used to running the show are being forced out and down. I honestly imagine that the world will be in far better conditions then we think by 2013. If you exclude the g-5 countries i was a 7% increase for the whole world; so I really can't beleive it's going that direction. Instead I imagine the government shall conform to us from outside world pressure and that will be the only way for the upper escehlon to make it or they'll do something drastic like a trapped animal and just start attacking itself and everything around em.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wonder if something is coming because mining and oil drilling are on the increase in and around the UK.

I hope it is just to create jobs but part of me wonders if we are just pulling our resources together for something.

Our natural resources were decresingly exploited the last 20 years or so, I keep hearing stories of these industries picking back up.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

That says a lot about how bad things have become, because at this point, even the unknown is better than the status quo. If a leader emerged with even an inkling of a good clear global picture that would put us back through the looking glass and into a livable reality, that leader would be immortalized the world over and handed the keys to the UN. That is where we are going. Just the right leader will emerge at just the right time, and we will all be taken in. Can anyone say antiChrist?

Hello moderator

I wanted to comment further on your post here that you posted on the Global Meltdown forum. I cite it here as I feel this thread you created suits better contextually.

I agree with your comments above. I also feel that the OWS movements, together with other protests and unrest around the world is very indicative of sweeping political and economic change on the horizon. It is becoming increasingly evident that there is a vast lack of leadership around the world to deal with current global crises. Many of our so called leaders are merely stumbling along unable to bring any resolve to any of the issues and crises we see developing across the world today. Despite all ameliorative efforts, things socially, economically and politically continue to deteriorate. The time is also rapidly becoming increasingly ripe for a world leader to step up to the political platform and offer a solution, too good to refuse. The worldwide social unrest stirred by deteriorating economic and financial conditions, together with leaders around the world impotent and clumsy to bring any solution to the mess, is setting the stage for the rise of the anti-christ and his consolidation of political power. Any major global banking and economic collapse will only hasten the transition process so much faster. The world will only too happily receive him and his new globalised system (John 5:43, Revelations 13:16, 17).

A reuters' analysis recently stated the following:

Some fear the world faces a systemic rise in anger, protest and political volatility that could last years or even decades.

Some believe the current anger against autocrats, bankers and elites is a symptom of fundamental shifts in the structure of global populations.

In the Middle East and North Africa, one of the key drivers has been a large bulge in the youthful population struggling to find work. An educated, westernized group using social media tools to coordinate got protests started, quickly joined by broader masses angry at rising food prices.

In western states, there are strains caused by an aging population that is driving up government costs, reducing growth and blocking jobs from younger people.

At worst, some experts warn that could produce an economic malaise that lasts for decades.

"It is these demographic issues that are driving much of what we are seeing at the moment," said George Mason University's Goldstone.

"It makes politics very unpredictable. You can get paralysis, but you can also see dramatic shifts in policy to left or right. You can see the rise of ideologues as we saw in the 1930s. We are very much at the beginning of this."

In a recent interview with Jimmy Carter, Jon Snow made this rather telling observation at the 4.44 to 5.00 minute mark:

But you don't need me to tell you that these are awful times, economically, for many Americans. And that opens up a kind of ugly space. A space where people are looking for Messianic leaders, if you like.

It is becoming increasingly clear even to secular media writers and journalists that the world is, looking forward, heading for massive social and political change and sees a very different political landscape emerging from the current malaise and spreading chaos. They don't have a biblical perspective sure, but their views on future directions as evidenced by developing world events, are strongly indicating the world stands at the precipice!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Extremely good post.

Yes, we are certainly at a precipice in so many ways.

Technologically we are expanding information at a staggering rate, and the so-called "singularity" is just around the corner to where our vast amount of knowledge becomes instantly accessible and exponentially increasing moment by moment to instantaneous infinity. We are within a decade or two of that moment.

Globally, we are at a precipice of communication and understanding and empathizing. For the first time in the history of the world cultures are connected instantaneously and we understand that everyone is facing similar challenges.

Economically every system is currently failing. From Capitalism to Communism, Isolationism to Empire building, all of the current systems are failing simultaneously.

Environmentally for the first time all of our inter-connected systems are somewhat understood, or at least observed to be connected and a global consciousness has arisen.

We have reached the precipice in dozens of ways simultaneously, and we would be extremely naive to think this is all a big coincidence and refuse to take notice to prophecies unfolding in real time.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
S & F great thread! I can picture your mom saying that and had to laugh because my mom would probably say that as well. What is the "Mark" going to be anyway? The barcode tat or the implant or the National ID? If its the true "Mark of the Beast" as in the biblical reference I always thought you had to take it of your own free will knowing what it was, as in you can't be tricked? Regardless, the whole lack of privacy is maddening to me and all the laws that keep on being passed for "our protection" makes me sick to my stomach. Just yesterday I got pulled over for no seat belt (yeah, I know but it annoys me) and the State patrol guy (young) was kind of angry and just a little amped up to the point where it was a teeny bit scary. Really? You're that po'd at me??? Anyway, yeah the fine to the tune of 110.00 will go into some special emergency fund/medical fund or some such thing; doesn't even go to the county. Nice way to fund raise for special projects
Can I write that donation off on my taxes?

I too will fight it to the best of my ability, even if I have to get hungry. Brave words, yes? I'm willing to be brave.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yes, I believe it will be voluntary. I remember when I said I would never pay my bills online, or carry a smart phone.
I caved in to the convenience pretty quickly!

Folks like you and I will fight against the mark, but what will our kids do when they are just a little less committed than we are, and they are given the choice for their children. Not for themselves mind you, but for their children. Refuse the mark and their children suffer from birth on, but get it and be part of a wonderful world. No immediate consequences, but all the convenience in the world.

Imagine, and we are not that far away, imagine walking into the grocery store video chatting with someone on and eye and ear piece, shopping and walking out. No checkout line, no price checking, nothing. All 3 of those things are already real, they just aren't all implantable yet. I know we will fight, but I'm not so sure our kids or grandkids will fight, and even if they do, I'm afraid they will be in a very small minority.

A fought my red-light traffic cam ticket. I lost. Instead of paying $170 where half went to a spinal injury special fund, I decided to fight and I paid $272 to the county instead.
Apparently, as of the news last night, the camera experiment is a huge success and we can expect a lot more red light cams in Florida.

Big Brother is watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join