It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Scanners are a joke, you can pass thru the scanner NAKED and still do terorism here is why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not a Rocket Sciencist, but I love gadgets and electronics, and I always carry them with me as a carry on. Since my last trip before body scanners. I have been concern on how TSA only concentrate on knives, liquids and long metal objects. but not to much about electronics.

Example of my last trip to my fathers home and my carry on electronics:

1) Laptop
2) 4 Walkie talkies (GMRS)
3) Handheld GPS
4) HAM radio VHF/UHF
5) Police Scanner
6) Car GPS
7) iphone

I took my laptop out of the bag and I opened my other bag that had all the other electronics TSA passed the bags thru the xray machine without any problems they didn't even check my walkie talkies if they actually work or not, and they didnt ask anything of why I had so many electronics. I took the train to my terminal and waited there.

Now for the terrorism part:

EXAMPLE OF A TERRORISM with normal electroncis assuming the terrorist is at least smart enought (just killing themselves to prove a point and cause terrorism makes me think they are all dumb), but lets just say a terrorist was able to pass similar electronics (or just a laptop) thru the TSA screening (like most people do everyday), I only need something flamable to make a fire or exploson inside a plane right?

What can you buy on the airport tax free stores inside the terminal that's flamable? hmmmm........
1) Perfumes (most of them are very flamable)
2) Alcoholic Drinks "Bottles" Don Q, Whiskey etc etc, (they have a lot to choose from)

This 2 options are enought, but you will be amazed if you see what you can buy inside the airport thats dangerous to carry inside the plane. When I was on mexico on a business trip 1 year ago you could buy flamable hair spray in a can (small size) but it was still flamable.

Now how they will start the fire?
1) Lighter or matches if they were able to pass them thru the scanner undetected. (unlikely but posible)
2) Lipo battery of your (laptop, walkie talkie, etc etc) just cross the + and - terminals togheter and you will have a huge spark or the battery can explode and catch fire if you cross the wires and let sit alone.

Lets assume they just go to the bathroom and start throwing alcohol all over to start a fire or create an explosion by compressing the liquids (perfume or alcohol), eithe way if they know what they are doing they can cause good damage.

Also that printer with explosives found last month, OMG they were meant to be detected, they looked so crappy built that passing it thru any xray machine they will now something was wrong. And I bet the goverment staged that printer "bomb" package to enforce the damn full body scanners.

Also a lot of packages that goes underneath the plane doesnt get scanned and terrorist can easilly put bombs inside and activate them remotely via bluetooth, walkie talkie, cellphone etc etc. My local airport check packages a lot , but the local airport where my father lives not.

Either way my point is that body scanners need to go and find something better and less intrusive. Maybe they can use the body scanners for the packages going under the plane.

edit on 22-11-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
agreed... Body scanners are a joke... What about explosives planted in bones, etc.... There's no 100% way to stop human ingenuity. And it doesn't help when your team is corrupt.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
why even try your luck with a plane...

terrorists had easy life going to a football stadium...more people...less danger..

its all just fear mongering....to have an excuse to bring in new laws

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The only terrorists we need to fear are our governments. They are evil, and commit acts of terror against their own people.

second

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I was sort of hoping that noone would bring this to the tbtp's attention especially as I travel usually with similar objects and am well aware that my luggage can easily take down any plane.... wouldn't waste my laptop though for ideology

In the end it really doesnt matter cause even if I would enter naked I could still take it down. Anyone that knows a little about planes can. Freakin' easy... Shows that either terrorists are non existent or they're extremely stupid.

Combination of both I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
the TSA has just updated there policy's for people flying thanks to a thread on ATS titled "Body Scanners are a joke, you can pass thru the scanner NAKED and still do terrorism here is why"

You are now no longer allowed to bring any electronics, any liquid of any kind no matter how small and must where a spandex suit at all times.

thank you for your compliance....

haha i couldn’t agree more that the TSA scanners/groping is a joke and i hope they remove the body scanners and show a little more common sense when searching someone, but i think things will only get worse, no matter how much we complain or demonstrate.

has the government shown any concerns for what the people have wanted in the last ten years?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

I do agree that electronics have yet to be seen as a "deadly" potential, but I'm sure that policy is on it's way. We'll soon be stripped of our cell phones, ipods, lap-tops, etc. The truth of the matter is that one person need not pass through security checks point to bring any sort of weapon, explosive, or contraband material into an airport, or onto a plane. I'm in the "service" field. My company performs service work at an airport on the eastern seaboard. After going through a very light background check, you can obtain a security pass that will take you around all security check points. For instance...I could walk in with my bag of tools, swipe a badge, go through a few hallways, and be in the terminal. This also allows me to interact with anybody holding a boarding pass. If one felt inclined, you could easily pass off a pair of pliers to someone getting on a plane. That person has already been scanned, patted down, etc. So, when the TSA tells you that scanners, and the newly implemented groping policy, will make it more difficult for a terrorist to bring on dynamite in their underwear, it's a lie. It may be a deterrent. However, with a little planning and coordination, you can get just about anything passed security. Who's to say they, the terrorists, don't grow a few more brain cells and realize that you could effectively take out more people at the baggage claim than on a plane? It's a dog and pony show. End of story.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are always jujitzu ninjas to contend with too.
edit on 22-11-2010 by quantum_flux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A suicidal terrorist can even get passed a cavity search by placing the bomb INSIDE their torso via surgery.

The TSA can think of every possible crazy, insane, unrealistic, never happens scenario, and use it to justify their increasingly intrusive searches.

Basically, the terrorists have won, because as long as this TSA insanity keeps ramping up, passengers will either submit in large enough numbers to keep the airlines alive, or passengers will stop flying to the point that the airlines begin to fail completely.

Way to go government!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Your run of the mill convict will tell you that the best place to keep stuff hidden is in a well-lubricated rectum.

They call it "suitcasing' and lots of inmates keep drugs, cell phones, currency and other contraband up their buttholes.

I have knowledge of an inmate who had put NINE cell phones into his rectum. I have to think that he had to practice getting that much stuff up there, but he was able to do it.

How much composition B, or semtex, or PETN could be stuffed into a condom and shoved into somebody's butt, along with a simple pull fuse and wiring. My guess is you wouldn't even have to take the whole package of explosives out of your butt - you could just pull down the pull fuse and wire, give it a yank, and away you go!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by corleonefamily
reply to post by cdesigns

I do agree that electronics have yet to be seen as a "deadly" potential, but I'm sure that policy is on it's way. We'll soon be stripped of our cell phones, ipods, lap-tops, etc. The truth of the matter is that one person need not pass through security checks point to bring any sort of weapon, explosive, or contraband material into an airport, or onto a plane. I'm in the "service" field. My company performs service work at an airport on the eastern seaboard. After going through a very light background check, you can obtain a security pass that will take you around all security check points. For instance...I could walk in with my bag of tools, swipe a badge, go through a few hallways, and be in the terminal. This also allows me to interact with anybody holding a boarding pass. If one felt inclined, you could easily pass off a pair of pliers to someone getting on a plane. That person has already been scanned, patted down, etc. So, when the TSA tells you that scanners, and the newly implemented groping policy, will make it more difficult for a terrorist to bring on dynamite in their underwear, it's a lie. It may be a deterrent. However, with a little planning and coordination, you can get just about anything passed security. Who's to say they, the terrorists, don't grow a few more brain cells and realize that you could effectively take out more people at the baggage claim than on a plane? It's a dog and pony show. End of story.

I have friends working on the airport that like you say, they can get in/out of doors just by using the keycard. no metal detectors or bodyscanners needed it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
bump, topic is extremely relevant.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Next tactic may be that they require all passengers to be under some kind of "knock-out" anesthesia during the flight so that there can be no disruptions or communications of any kind.

new topics

top topics

join