It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD wins appeal over damages for atomic test subjects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

MoD wins appeal over damages for atomic test subjects

www.bbc.co.uk

The Ministry of Defence has won its appeal against a decision to allow veterans who took part in nuclear tests to claim damages.

Ten of the 1,011 ex-servicemen launched test cases against the MoD, blaming atomic experiments in the South Pacific in the 1950s for their ill health.

But judges say nine cases - which the MoD opposed - were launched outside the legal time limit and cannot proceed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is - frankly - a disgraceful way to treat armed forces veterans. There should be no "time out" clause on this stuff - when these tests were carried out the potential implications of fall out and radiation poisioning were not properly understood.

When are we going to start treating the people in out armed forces properly? The British government has an appalling record on this kind of thing.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree Nef.

I wonder if any higher ranks or officials have ever been given compensation?

I remember speaking to servicemen who had undergone tests at Porton Down, got paid a few quid for their time and that was that. I remember wondering how they would be fairing years down the line?

Hopefully these servicemen will get a result yet.

CX.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The mod and uk gov microwaved irish people in there homes.

I wonder what that did to them?

Still going on while mod laugh there socks off.
edit on 11/22/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The mod and uk gov microwaved irish people in there homes.

I wonder what that did to them?

Still going on while mod laugh there socks off.

Any need to bring that phrase up in EVERY thread on the boards Andy?

Go make a thread about it, it really does sound interesting and i'm being serious there. I've even heard "microwaving" being mentioned in the same sentence as "mind control" recently in an Intelligence publication, so i won't rubbish the idea yet.

Make a thread though, don't litter everyone elses with it. IMO its rude.

CX.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That's pretty low. You'd think there'd be some kind of workaround to give these guys some recompense as a thank you and acknowledgement for services to the country. There's only around a dozen left and giving them a financial lift in their late years would be an act of justice and kindness.

They've been granted a 'war pension' and maybe that's something? It saves £2200 on funerals, but how much will they get a week?

new topics

top topics

join