It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a mass cash withdrawal bring down the banks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Would a mass cash withdrawal bring down the banks?

www.bbc.co.uk

Former footballer Eric Cantona has called on a new form of direct protest - a mass cash withdrawal - to bring down the banks. So what would happen if everyone tried to withdraw their savings?

From the footballer who once kung-fu kicked an abusive fan, a new form of direct action without any violence.

Take your money out of the banks and spark their collapse, says Eric Cantona, in advice to the students and public sector workers holding protests in France and the UK.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A CALL TO ARMS!

This is the message people, and it is coming from the most unlikely source - Eric Cantona.

Take your money out of the banks in a coordinated fashion, and we win, despite the BBC's corrupt allegations that this would fail. BRING DOWN THE BANKING SCUM!

I love the fact that it's Cantona that has said this.... He's now my hero!

The Revenant.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
To answer the question of your post title .On face value for the public yes , however this would nothing but a act for the public .Can't let the truth about money get out ! Meaning it is worthless and does not exist .Firstly 99% of the worlds currency is digital . Secondly money is not worth the paper it is written on .
The value of anything is a consensis reality for a start . Your conditioned as a whole to what something is worth by a consensis agreement . This could easily be changed , today the dollar tomorrow grains of sand .So what would the new consensis reality be then ?
The value of what someone pays for something , is only what people are prepared to pay . By todays consensis if I offered to sell you this years Mercedes for $100.00 that would be cheap ! However if nobody wanted it is worthless .
Just like at the moment everyone has gone crazy on gold , it's value has gone through the roof .However if the system collapsed today and someone offered me a gold bar for my loaf of bread I would laugh and say no thanks I can't eat a gold bar !

So to answer your question , yes there would be chaos simply to maintain a false image of the scaricty and importance of money . Something that will always cheap and worthless until the last tree on earth is cut down .By then I don't think it will matter .

I do however support a run on all banks around the world , you need to send your handlers a message ! If I were you I would pull my money out before the up comming holliday or you may be caught out before December 7th .

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

"Would a mass cash withdrawal bring down the banks?"

Ultimately... No.

But it would bring down most of the rest of us.

Moving on...
edit on 22-11-2010 by redhorse because: clarity

top topics

join