It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notorious U.S. child killer freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Joel Steinberg, convicted of beating to death his 6-year-old daughter, Lisa, has been freed after serving 16 years in prison for one of New York's most notorious crimes.

Steinberg, a disbarred lawyer who consistently failed to show remorse for the crime, had been denied parole five times, but qualified for mandatory release from Southport Correctional Facility by serving two-thirds of the 25-year sentence he was given for manslaughter.

www.reuters.co.uk...

My God, this is right up there with the killing of children for their organs. How can anyone live with themselves after they cause harm to children?

Interesting to note is that this is in New York. I thought that state was now conservative in dealing with child abusers?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is awful.

Something that really gets me is that pheodphiles when realsed are by law protected.

A few months ago a nine year old boy was killed in a hit and run incident- eventually they found the driver- he was an illegal imagrant, he had no liscence, tax nor insurance and he was given 9 months in jail. A man burnt down a phedophiles house- didnt kill the phedophile but got 9 years in prison.

How messed up is that.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
With any luck someone will kill him. I can't believe nobody did already.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
so this guy beat his daughter to death and he was charged with manslaughter? something is wrong with that in its self. what is wrong with people these days? they bring a child into the world and then get away with beating them to death? i have a 13 year old daughter that for the most part i have raised alone. she is a handful, but it has never crossed my mind to harm her or any child for that matter. it makes me sick to see that anybody would let him out after such a short sentance. what happened to a murder charge? what happened to the death penalty? i cant say that in all cases that i would be for it, but in some cases it does apply.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Reminds me of that guy who burned his son up in a hotel room. I think he got 10 years or something? Wish I remembered his name, but I think the boy's name was David. It seems the lives of children mean nothing to the courts. I heard they look harder for a stolen car than a kidnapped child, though with the new Amber Alert that may have changed. This man should be dead and with any luck someone will make that happen soon now that he's a free target walking around.

new topics

top topics

join