It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA has met the enemy — and they are us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
People just look at the volume of these threads and the level of anger -

Actually if you really look at the threads ATS was leading the charge long before the Media stepped in..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

People just look at the volume of these threads and the level of anger -

Actually if you really look at the threads ATS was leading the charge long before the Media stepped in..

Are you certain

Human perception usually translates things that way, especially in the case of things we SUPPORT.

I am a resident like you - been gone three weeks and all of a sudden this issue is being pressed HARD and pressed hard at the beginning of holiday season.

It is off

BAIT

edit on 22-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I have to ask what your opinion would be if the people were not happy with the TSA scanners and the media completely ignored it?

People are unhappy about the body scanners and the news media is reporting this. I would be really worried if the news kept quiet about something of such concern as this, wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
So, the panty bomber and the shoe bomber didn't sneak anything????

And how were they 'caught'? Did TSA do a good job?

On December 22, 2001, passengers on Flight 63 complained of a smoke smell in the cabin shortly after a meal service. One flight attendant, Hermis Moutardier, thinking she smelled a burnt match, walked the aisles of the plane, trying to assess the source. A passenger pointed to Reid, who was sitting alone near a window and attempting to light a match. Moutardier warned him that smoking was not allowed on the airplane. Reid then promised to stop. A few minutes later, Moutardier found Reid leaned over in his seat. Her attempts to get his attention failed. After asking "What are you doing?" Reid grabbed at her, revealing one shoe in his lap, a fuse which led into the shoe, and a lit match. She tried grabbing Reid twice, but he pushed her to the floor each time, and she yelled for help, and then ran to get water. When another flight attendant, Cristina Jones, arrived to try to subdue him, he fought her and bit her thumb and Moutardier threw water in his face. The 6 foot 4 inch (193 cm) tall, 200+ pound Reid was next subdued by several passengers on the airliner, and then bound up using plastic handcuffs, seatbelt extensions, and headphone cords

en.wikipedia.org...(shoe_bomber)

Oh wait it was the PASSENGERS who caught him.. so it would seem he got through all that security

And he was a self admitted Al Quida... seems A jamiacan British citizen who wanted to be a terrorist

The Panty Bomber? Another TSA snatch?

CNN Source: CIA was tracking Panty Bomber Before Attempted Terrorist Attack
infidelsarecool.com...

Seems its Obama himself pushing this Al Quida connection...

President Obama links panty-bomber to Al-Qaeda as the US offers the terrorist a deal via White House counterterrorism advisor
www.the-912-project.com...

Seems even the Senators are not buying into it
Senators Blast Obama on Panty Bomber. A strong rebuke of the administration's approach to terrorism
www.weeklystandard.com...

Has it never occurred to anyone that these amateur terrorists may be plants to further scare us into compliance?

And 9/11 Whether you belief it was 'terrorists' or an inside job... They didn't use bombs either... just turned the plane into a bomb.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by buddhasystem

They weren't the most recent, and they also weren't connected to any terrorist group, despite what the news may have reported.

The most recent attempt is less than 12 months old, and you don't consider it recent enough.

Mr. Reid spent time in Pakistan before his failed attempt -- do you think it's because of site seeing?

Mr. Abdulmutallab

A video of Abdulmutallab and others training in a desert camp, firing weapons at targets including the Jewish star, the British Union Jack, and the letters "UN", was produced by al-Qaeda in Yemen (whose logo is in a corner of the screen)

Of course you know better!

Sheesh....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So, the panty bomber and the shoe bomber didn't sneak anything????

And how were they 'caught'? Did TSA do a good job?

a) I was replying to a false thesis that there were no smuggling attempts
b) no, TSA didn't do a good enough job in part because they didn't use X-ray imaging or "enhanced patdowns".

Other questions?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It is more likely the fact that the first x-ray scanner went online at Orlando that sparked this

Do you really thing that full body x-rays are safe? Well the TSA themselves say yes... as long as the ANNUAL dosage is below a certain amount... so if your a frequent flyer your TOAST I can see lawsuits in a few years related to Cancer and sterility claims

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The " Sheeple " have Spoken ! Baaaaaaa

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
By this logic the more security checkpoints we have anywhere, the safer we will be. So we could have one at the supermarket. One at the kids daycare center.

Then we'll be really safe!

You can pat yourself on the should all you want. Truth is, you'll probably make a safer flight next time because none of the people on the plane didn't stick anything explosive in their underwear.

edit on 22-11-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

TSA didn't do a good enough job in part because they didn't use X-ray imaging or "enhanced patdowns".

So your okay getting a full body x-ray? You claim to be a scientist... you really okay with that?

No I have no more questions of you... scientist PFFT

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
kind of like how the TSA's biggest mouthpiece (janet napolitano) came out and said that the hopkins university claims the machines are safe.

...and for those of you who still cherish honesty:

DHS claim to safety

DHS's own source claiming otherwise

Since when have x-rays become 'safe'? You go to any hospital and they give you lead shielding so you don't get over exposure, especially to your private parts to stop sterility...

So how about a frequent flyer that makes several business flights a week? Has anyone even considered the accumulated dosage of x-rays?

And they x-ray your head as well? And no one is concerned about all this radiation that for decades the medical profession has been taken pains to avoid over exposing people and staff?

I see people saying that the terrorists now rule.. NO it is our FEAR of POTENTIAL terrorists that has done this.

When did America become a nation of WUSSIES?

Okay so I looked... and here it is in TSA's own report

www.tsa.gov...

So how do they determine if a frequent flyer has reached the maximum annual doasge to maintain safety?

At this rate we won't need to worry about the terrorists bombs... because in the interest of safety everyone gets NUKED

No one concerned about this?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

The " Sheeple " have Spoken ! Baaaaaaa

...and so have pompous self-important types!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
By this logic the more security checkpoints we have anywhere, the safer we will be. So we could have one at the supermarket. One at the kids daycare center.

They have already started roving teams for Bus stations and sporting arenas. The link was posted in on of the other threads I will find it

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
With security, you loose some liberty.
Without security, prepare to have ALL your liberties taken from you.
Pick one.

Utter hogwash! The TSA has done NOTHING to secure our freedoms! They have caught noone and if they have discouraged anyone from making an attempt, it sure doesn't show up in the statistics. This is just more make believe fear tactics meant to make adult Americans fear the boogy man once again.

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin Source

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You would first and foremost be hurting the lower middle class and below in a situation like this, as they are the ones who will lose jobs and income, not the fat cats.

...thats SO wrong on SO many levels...

...i dont care what someone's economic pigeon-hole is... if they lose their job over my failure to support and/or tolerate nazi tactics thats just too dang bad...

...anyone that has flown commercial (since late 2001 when this crap started) is complicit and they have a responsibility in this mess... the only way for them to attempt to rectify the damage they helped perpetuate is for them to stop being complicit (ie: stop flying commercial airlines)...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Get thee to a FEMA Camp Woman ! It's Only a matter of Time before the Round Up begins.........

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What you are saying does speak of the programing this society provides in this modern world.

But, do you sincerely believe this debate is as it appears, at face value???

There are other factors at play here. Ideally right now all the nations are being set up to be either absorbed into international bodies on account of their debt, or to basically crumble and rebel against their governments because of international debt.

In our case, the financial principles would prefer rebellion, but will settle for a police state. Why they would prefer rebellion, is it will perpetuate the illusion that the government suddenly became corrupt in the last decade or so, instead of having always been corrupt.

In fact if our government were to disclose a full list and accounting of our debts to the people, it would expose that our system was a fraud from the very beginning. We are still paying bonds and stocks on colonial investments dating back in some cases to the 1600's. In fact just about the entire nation is owned by European interests and always has been. Our government has simply been management for a corporate fiction that is foreign owned, by obscuring why we are being taxed and levied and who those taxes and levies go to for what.

In fact most of the entire world's debts are owned by a small core of principle investors who have been investing in infrastucture and resources in these nations for centuries and centuries, and never cashing in on their stocks and bonds for centuries and centuries, but just taking the interest and divedends for centuries so that the corporations can make maximime profit off of the ventures, because we actually offset the cost of the venture for them through our taxes and levies.

Our national debt in fact includes the credits created out of thin air by our fractional reserve banking system, that there is actually no corresponding currency pool of like value to ever pay off. Therefore causing most real property to default to the banks when they can't be paid off because there is no corresponding currency pool of sufficient amount to pay off all the loans.

This system is in fact so far gone, that they are desperately trying to replace it with something more believable, that will give them even more power and control over us all, but it requires keeping us distracted and divided with petty issues in the meantime.

Yet the thruth is, they will be at their most vulnerable when they attempt to institute these new systems, and it is a precarious time for the owners of the world as a result.

They need either the chaos of a revolt or the police state to take firm hold, to counter people like me, who are building a strong documented case of centuries of crimes, that identify the principle players.

So my friend, it is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't revolt you end up with a Nazi Security State, revolt and you end up with chaos. A chaos that ultimately will lead to turning to the same investors and owners of the resources to impliment a new system.

Yet as that is all being worked out, it might create the once in a lifetime chance for people like me to go public with our research and have it presented honestly to the masses.

So I think civil dissobedience is the way to go here, as it's the one that gives us better odds in the longrun of putting down these tyrants like the rabid dogs that they actually are.

See.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
TSA Pat Down Went Too Far, Agency Chief Says

The beleaguered head of the Transportation Security Administration said today that at least one airport passenger screening went too far when an officer reached inside a traveler's underwear, and the agency is open to rethinking its current protocols.

An ABC News employee said she was subject to a "demeaning" search at Newark Liberty International Airport Sunday morning.

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," she said. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

abcnews.go.com...

Thomas Sawyer, a bladder cancer survivor, said he was humiliated after a pat down broke his urostomy bag, leaving the 61-year-old covered in his own urine. Sawyer said he warned the TSA officials twice the pat down could break the seal.

I guess he could have had nitro in that bag

:shk:
edit on 22-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It is more likely the fact that the first x-ray scanner went online at Orlando that sparked this

Do you really thing that full body x-rays are safe? Well the TSA themselves say yes... as long as the ANNUAL dosage is below a certain amount... so if your a frequent flyer your TOAST I can see lawsuits in a few years related to Cancer and sterility claims

OK

I am not suggesting they are safe,,, I am totally against the scanners based upon health concerns, have been from day one.

Just observing from a group dynamic perspective
edit on 22-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Just observing from a group dynamic perspective

Maybe the sleeping giant has finally been prodded enough to begin to stir

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Buddha,

Are you stating that you believe this man spent time in Pakistan, trained at a terrorist camp, navigated the International travel, stayed under the radar, stayed off the no-fly lists, and then still made such a terrible attempt at a bomb? I'm not just stating that "I" know better, I am taking it further and stating that any 13 year old boy in the Midwest knows better! I am stating that either he was a plant, and the video, the travel, and the fake smoke bomb were all set-ups through the CIA, OR he was the worst bomber in history and he was not connected to any of those other organizations.

I am stating that I have never seen a security procedure that would have stopped any amateur with a few hundred bucks and some internet access from taking down a plane! Why not just grab an attendant or two, open the door and start tossing people out? Why not just jump the fence, and sneak out there with some type of sabotage about half way down the runway? The possibilities are endless!

To me, the TSA procedures are tantamount to Gun Laws and Traffic Laws and Drug Laws, they are WORTHLESS!

When did a speed limit ever stop a criminal from speeding? When did a Gun Law ever keep a gun out of a criminal's hands? The laws, and the security procedures are there to make people "feel" safer and deter wannabes and pranksters, but they are completely ineffective against a hardened criminal with nothing to lose. In the case of a terrorist, they actually have a suicidal intention, so no amount of deterrent can work!

Why not hold up the line, get everyone stacked up, gathered around, and then detonate right there? No need to get on the plane! The security serves wonderfully to bottle everyone up and get them into a close proximity for destruction! Where is the safety in that process? There is none! It is a shell game and we always lose!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join