It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God wants you to ignore his wishes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Yes right now I am following more than one religion, Judaism, Christan, Hindu, Islam, American Indian, Buddism.
Currently though I am not following the Mayan penis mutalation ritual, nor do I plan to at a later date.

edit on 22-11-2010 by googolplex because: ow

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

u figured god out
good job

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

u figured god out
good job

Ya...come to find out he is easier to figure out than humans.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Do you remember the previous Fallout?
The Church of Atom?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very interesting. I noted that New Vegas had less to say on the conspiracies, perhaps I have not looked deep enough.

I find playing Fallout to be very dreamlike, wandering the road, taking in lots of info, reality a little off.

It seems that the creators have been down the rabbithole there and it seems real life and the gameworld are having some beautiful crossover. I have a few things to make light of so I will be making a thread or tagging onto one already in existenz.

I will say this about tests though. In Fallout 3 you have to rescue good old Hollywood dad from a fate worse than death. A bizarre Vault experiment that trapped the participants in a ultra wholesome yet ultra sinister full sensory reality simulation, created by a technician (of human origin) who got bored of the original paradise build and decided to let the human (read ones with souls) play out his perversions for comical violence.

The one participant who "knew" (gnosis) something was not right was incarnated as the local mad woman.

Yet even the Fallout games proclaim themselves to be simulations. Dream within a dream within a dream?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

If your a bible believer, I counter that statement with biblical floods, sodom and gommorah nuked, etc etc etc.

if your a realist, I will show you the crusades

if your anti-religious but also anti-science, I will mention the black plague.
mass death and destruction comes...science or not...and especially if religion is put in the picture

The new testament is an endorsement to the old. You aren't going to follow the same laws today that they did when America first began would you? When times change so should you.

its a stupid wagon to jump on...only the truely insane would jump on that wagon.
people war ultimately for religion...consider the wars America is in today...would they exist if there was no religion? Would Al-Q exist? Would there be religious fanatics ready to slam planes into buildings?
the answer..is no..there is no perspective or subjective thoughts about it...it is a simple near mathmatical fact.
now, would there be wars? sure...resources are always sought out by nations..and until we get a fair way of dividing up resources for the planet, then things will be tense...but no more God made me kill the infidels, the heathens, etc...

So you are okay with lets kill this nation for their water as opposed to someone using God as a tool to manipulate? Sounds so much better[sarcastic].

You are forgetting the division by races. Instead of religion, it could have easily been about these brown folks want to kill us, let us kill them first. Or, we need to conquer for our future.

You are also forgetting about tribal wars which have been occurring for the last thousand years, which is what I consider the crusades are. Even though their leader manipulated the people their leader was corrupt to begin with.

religious fanatics use science to kill bigger, sure..but to equate the two..first off...science is not some sort of intangable religion...it is simply a means to understand stuff. the comparison is silly to the point of being short bus special.

I never said science was intangible and I understand what science is. But many think religion is a tool of death, and it may be in the wrong hands. A thought is just as dangerous as a weapon. But it is different when we get into an age where the same thing you defend has the ability to destroy us tenfold. Where abolishing religion could mean that the next leader would worship the state like Stalin did.

Either way, if you have one person who wants the power and to conquer you can't stand in his way. All we can do is label what he has done and group him into a social economic area. Than we can ridicule them until they give up, even though the people have evolved into something better.

I will be loved if I find love. I will give love also to those I love...but I won't substutute human interaction with the hope that a space ghost lubs me this much...especially when he is loving me the same as ralph on the other side of the world just the same, and klaaktu from the 4th planet of the Voorn star system, and a bajillion other lifeforms across the universe.

simplistic childhood fairytales...santa clause.

Well I hope you find that love. It isn't about a space ghost loving you but it should be about helping the world love. You may think I am a hippy preaching about love but that is what it takes to end the hate.
What is wrong with loving the whole world opposing only loving those who love you? If this message was preached to everyone I think our problems would end.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621

I think, and have written this before, that God gaves us life and is not paying too much attention to what we are doing now. Most current religions were created by men seeking positions of power. Not enlightened. I'm always surprised to hear "messengers of God", I ask why they were chosen over others? Or better yet why would a All Powerful being just not deliver the message themself? I never get a good answer on either of those questions.

I agree and disagree with you. Yes it is very interesting the idea set forth in this thread and would be plausible enough to stay with me on my search for truth. Also I agree that religions were created by men seeking positions of power, but these "messengers/prophets" did not intend for religions to be made based upon their divinely inspired ideas. These religions were created by "opportunists" who saw a way to confuse the ppl into servitude to an idea that they would control and reap benefit from.

You ask why is someone chosen over others? Well there are very few genuine ppl amongst many who are scavengers or lost. These genuine ppl can be judged by their works. Can you deny that there are ppl out there who have this insane like desire to help others and nurture good will? I hope not because there r people as I have just described in the last sentence who are ostracized for holding on to their beliefs; usually labeled stubborn and cannot function in groups, or basicall refuse to assimilate into collective thought. These people should be chosen to receive a message from a higher source because they are of a like mind with the idea being presented. They seek it and it finds them.

Why God does not deliver the message itself? Well have you ever given thought to maybe humanity cannot perceive God through the senses humanity possess at the level of evolution humanity is in? God might be a concept so foreign to our limited reality that the very contact would destroy us. We might not be ready to see GOD but then I also state that if you look around you the lessons of life are presented in all substance. Even in physics there are laws which can explain many questions about life and purpose being our main quest as conscious beings.

I believe there is no right or wrong, good or evil except when speaking of the rights to existence that GOD gave us thought to protect. The constitution of the United States lays out these right perfectly until the ammendments come into play.

I hope I have given you if not a good answers then at least good starting points to continue your search for understanding, overstanding and ultimately truth itself.... peace

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
edit on 29-11-2010 by Jussi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
intro:
There is a video game out, Fallout New Vegas. Now...they have a small sidequest that is brilliant in demonstrating a point about something significant. (fallout new vegas is 200 years after a nuclear war...post apocolyptic setting, lots of empty vaults where people lived through the blast.)

A vault you may stumble across has a story of how, for some reason, the programming required the vault dwellers to sacrifice a single person every year. Failure to sacrifice a person would immediately shut down the life support and electricity for the entire vault..killing everyone inside. So, the vault dwellers would vote in a person every year to be their sacrifice.

After many many years, their numbers came to be only 5 left. The last 5 simply refused to sacrifice...figured they were all dead anyhow and things were miserable...they didn't understand why the programming was like this, but ultimately they didn't like the people they became because of the absurdity. Expecting the worst, they sent the message for f-off, no more sacrifice..kill us, we dont care.

The vault then opened up, lots of good things. The true programming was not to kill them, but to reward them when they got past the programming and stood up for common sense in the face of insane rules. the vault dwellers were in a test...not to see how carefully they followed the rules (that was the test), but to see when they were ready to grow up and get out...if you know something is crazy, yet follow it...your still a child and require a sort of crazy father figure until you stand up..when that happens, your prepared to walk amongst other adults.

Perhaps all these religions..these insane rules and obvious logical fallacy ridden fantasies that run society is a actual divine test..not to see how close we can follow the insanity, but a gauge to see when we as a society and world finally stand up and say no...we no longer wish to be ruled by these rules, but rather our own common sense.

Why do we keep sacrificing someone once a year to appease the program..it makes no sense..but it does make sense that this is a trial to see how long we can see it for what it is...a test to see when we are no longer insane.

Perhaps a true God would want you to finally collectively ignore his wishes and nonsense...tear down the churches, mosques, and temples and use that material for bettering humanity.

Thoughts?

Yup, perhaps actually this isn't even a test - it is just the way it is..

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

...Or maybe the universe isn't like this at all, and things like this only happen in video games...?

Just sayin...

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes yes but what if reality IS a video game.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
There are too few independent thinkers in this world. Most people just accept what they're told and go with the flow. They run and hide from any challenge to their beliefs or choose to look the other way and ignore. We must all decide for ourselves what's right and wrong and how we should live our lives.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi to everybody,
I just signed on here for this thread.
And as I m not allowed to start a thread yet,I ll reply to this niche thread.
Actually my doctor would call my symtoms apophenia.
Apophenists could be people,who think the tv talks to them.
Well,i am not having any problems anymore,exepting the fact,
that communication can be done through media...manipulation
in magical (to us) ways.
I dont want to spill the beans,like wiki,
so back to the topic:
I wish,I had played fallout3/vegas to experience myself,but for now
I just started playing Zelda Twighlight Princess.
The beginning is very good,talking about the other side and you can identify with link
very easy.
But the best X-perience,I had in thailand,where I bought a "copy" of Spyro the dragon,
as you cant find a shop there selling originals,i had to buy the 50 baht version.
When I was way into the game,I came up to a princess,who told me:
"...could it be,that you are playing a pirated version of this game,
so it could be,that this game plays different than normal..."
So what was that?Someone hacked the game,exchanged contend and then made
lots of copies,to be sold on asian markets?
You might ask about the rest of the Spyrogame...honestly,I cant remember,
because nowadays I know,that it doesnt really matter,what game you play,
what channel on tv you watch,or even whereever you go,whatever people you mix with,
the message can be delivered through any channel.
(I once fled the pressure into a quiet bar,they had a electrical table lamp on every table,
what is really relaxing,because only your thoughts can be the source of communication.
(unless you read a book or something)
But at this time a group of tourists sat down at the next table and started
to talk about my sins (well,you know what i mean)
Also I have to admitt,that I pressed the powerbuttons of my tv,game console or radio
quite often,when I was scared about the end or ending or outcome
of the welladressed mediacontend.Yeah,I m a bit chicken at times...
But to come to an end,I must say that whoever the producer and author of this story is,
I love him.Him,the creator ,especially for the experiences of love through
sights and sounds.
And even if its nothing but electrical impulses entering my brain,
the cloudstructures are hiding a massive chest full of joy.
Oh sorry,the topic...
the other event was,when switching on my old playstation 1,(with the copy of Tekken in it)
The copy was not starting the game,but you could hear from the tv a looping of:
"You loose,you loose..."
At the end of my reply i like to ask,if some of you are thinking about being effected by apophenia.
I d like to hear from you.
Aisawek

top topics

<< 1   >>

join