It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why to prove anyone wrong? (Psychology behind "debunking" or something like that)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm still looking for someone - anyone - who can properly vet the notions that I've been posting. Like the OP states, there is an objective reality that exists, and I'm certain that it can be figured out. My biggest challenge is that I have no one in my own personal life who can adequately challenge the logical structure of what I've uncovered. That leaves me with a handful of serious (to varying degrees, of course) Internet forums that I can test aspects of the over-all premise.

The real b*tch is that the entire premise encompasses too much to ever present for debunking in a thread, but I take what I can get. So, I guess I debunk other notions to see if my notions can be debunked. If someone does debunk me, then they'll probably free me to carry on with my fiction writing career. If not, then I'm stuck with my own self-imposed responsibility to getting it out there.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I really wish to read your book in order to more accurately comment on your thoughts (unfortunately now I cannot buy anything because I need to figure out if I have money to eat tomorrow). And I know how you feel. I think I feel exactly the same, but I haven't published a book, but I have somethings written. At the moment I am working on my thesis so I am not very fond carrying in lengthy discussions as they may be time consuming. And besides, I am pretty poor in expressing these thoughts (especially in english) which now seems very complicated

I've written about these thoughts around in threads, but perhaps most well articulated is this thread, titled as "Shards of Wisdom". There are few posts that each make a shard and maybe one day I'll write yet another shard. It is unfortunate that my linguistic - hey no matter what my avatar tells
- and rhetorical skills are not sufficient to express these thoughts.

Well, I guess I am going to spend my next free moments reading through your posts/threads to see if I can get the glimpse of the great idea you say you uncovered

-v

<< 1  2   >>

join