It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Security Error": on ATS? The eye in the pyramid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I suppose Im not the only one...but...depending what Im addressing...some of my comments just flitter out to goodness knows where, and all trace of them....disappears completely. And "no" it wasnt noted as "removed by mods" etc.

It seems the machine is well oiled.......is this business as usual here? Any others have the same thing happen?

*(I hope THIS one doesnt disintegrate into cyber-space)
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar-again

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Nope.. I have never personally had this happen. I have had nearly every thread I post drift to the bottom of the interest pile like so much lead weights, though..lol

Nothing nefarious goes on here, from my perspective.. still.. browsers and servers have errors.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
depending what Im addressing...some of my comments just flitter out to goodness knows where, and all trace of them....disappears completely.

If you're referring to the message "Security Error" that can appear when replying to a thread, or posting a new thread, it does indeed indicate a problem as sensed by our new layer of security when posting to ATS.

The system senses when someone is attempting to use methods other than our code to attempt to post a message. One of three things may cause the error:

1) A session has been active, without action, for too long. An example would be that you've keep the reply/post window open for far too long (usually hours) without completing your post.

2) A browser error that prevents our system from authenticating your post: This is rare, but can happen and is usually related to a connection problem.

3) Someone trying to play games by circumventing our security. These are logged, and more common than you might think.

If you see the error, simply hit your back-button to return to the post form (nearly all modern browsers should retain what was typed in the form), and retry.
edit on 22-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the heads up. It seems when I use certain words, the thread or post originating with me...disappears.
Interesting...but not wholly unexpected...and only with certain ones...and if I state which ones...this post will disappear!
Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I find that difficult to believe, I certainly never have had this happen ... but then again I wasn't even aware there was a 'security error' screen as I have never seen it.

But if you want to test the hypothesis feel free to U2U me the word or words you speak of and I will post them to test.

edit on 23 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It seems when I use certain words, the thread or post originating with me...disappears.

There is no such pre-filtering in place.

However, it may be possible that there are certain "special characters" that aren't properly anticipated and trapped when you hit "reply" that could result in a code error, and possibly the message you saw.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh, Im sure the gov. has "tags" on things everywhere, not the ATS Mods at all. I believe the intent to allow freedom here is assured.

But I also think "big-brother' can zap, flip, zip, crash, delete, capture, disconnect, re-route, over-ride, compromise, trace, track, change, re-word, and re-format any and everything we say here and any other place allowing "free-thought".

I had heard (of course) that ATS has been infiltrated when I came aboard and wondered if anyone else had this issue?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Why all the innuendo and accusations without foundation or evidence?

Post the word/words on this thread, or as I suggested U2U them to me ... otherwise I am calling shenanigans on your hypothesis.

You have a theory, let's see it through.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I had heard (of course) that ATS has been infiltrated when I came aboard and wondered if anyone else had this issue?

You heard wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Then I stand corrected. Thank you. And I pose only an honest question and claim no theories or conjecture. Just wondered if this has happened or happens to anyone else.

PS Im on a secure server computer network with a worldwide company...and that very well may be where such "Security errors" originate.

Hence my question initially. Thanks.

But, it was in fact an ATS SECURITY ERROR on their page, and on my screen, so Im led to believe it must be so.

top topics

join