It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do TSA employees change their gloves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just think about it. You're in line and in a hurry to make it to your flight on time. The air is hot and stuffy, and it smells slightly of mildew and cheap air freshener. The machines are noisy. The plastic containers full of people's personal belongings clank around the conveyors. TSA agents are shuffling and yelling all around. They're rude and short with people; service with a smirk. The guy behind you just stopped yacking into his blue-tooth headset, and now has nothing to do but huff and puff behind you. Now, you've been randomly selected to be patted down. As part of the processes, your bags are opened and your belongings gone through. You're wanded over by the TSA "agent" with the hand-held metal detector. Next, you're groped up your legs, back, chest, along your arms, and under your waistband. Finally, your genitals are probed, lest they be bombs. Your face turns red and you start to feel humiliated. Thankfully, no one knows you there and you can just continue on your journey. As soon as you're able, you collect your disorderly pile of belongings. The TSA agent coldly says "Have a nice day" without even bothering to look at you.

Then it hits you. Your bag and your body have just been touched all over by people who are touching other peoples' belongings and bodies all day long. How many people have they come in contact with? How many have just spent time in a foreign country, and brought back some strange, exotic disease? How many bed bugs are on you or in your bag? How many strangers' genitals have been on those pair of gloves? How many of them have sexually-transmitted diseases?

I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
apparently they take them off
at break
lunch
break
and home.

ever listen to
"Smell the glove"
by Spinal Tap?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Some of them may eat with them on. I suppose that's a flavor saver.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I stopped flying. like my firsf thread ever stated, I get randomly selected everytime I fly. I had enough so I figured, eff them. They're gonna tell me to my face I'm a terrorist, I wont support the air industry and those hornballs at the TSA. Made me sick.

eta, I guess its my good looks
edit on 22-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrybe
Just think about it. You're in line and in a hurry to make it to your flight on time. The air is hot and stuffy, and it smells slightly of mildew and cheap air freshener. The machines are noisy. The plastic containers full of people's personal belongings clank around the conveyors. TSA agents are shuffling and yelling all around. They're rude and short with people; service with a smirk. The guy behind you just stopped yacking into his blue-tooth headset, and now has nothing to do but huff and puff behind you. Now, you've been randomly selected to be patted down. As part of the processes, your bags are opened and your belongings gone through. You're wanded over by the TSA "agent" with the hand-held metal detector. Next, you're groped up your legs, back, chest, along your arms, and under your waistband. Finally, your genitals are probed, lest they be bombs. Your face turns red and you start to feel humiliated. Thankfully, no one knows you there and you can just continue on your journey. As soon as you're able, you collect your disorderly pile of belongings. The TSA agent coldly says "Have a nice day" without even bothering to look at you.

Then it hits you. Your bag and your body have just been touched all over by people who are touching other peoples' belongings and bodies all day long. How many people have they come in contact with? How many have just spent time in a foreign country, and brought back some strange, exotic disease? How many bed bugs are on you or in your bag? How many strangers' genitals have been on those pair of gloves? How many of them have sexually-transmitted diseases?

I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

After reading you, I won't complaint about my urologist anymore.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This whole TSA thing is so ... what's the word ... gay?

Who cares if they change their gloves? It's not like they stick their hands inside your tidy whities. So you are going to throw a fit about gloves being reused? You better not sit in that airplane seat that was just used by somebody else then. Don 't touch the arm rest or God forbid open the lavatory door!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
TSA Fondle/molest/search alert:

TSA Pat Down Went Too Far, Agency Chief Says
abcnews.go.com...

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," she said. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

worse than going to the gynecologist

....At least the gynecologist changes their gloves.

I wonder how many people will have the privates fondled without fresh gloves being used?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

You know, that's my stance on the whole glove thing and the thread about catching STDs from the pat downs.

It goes over the clothes.

If you want to ask them to put fresh gloves on, they should oblige, but I don't think there is much to worry about as far as that goes.

Sure every now and then it will happen but that will be the exception, not the rule.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

Actually, they do. And who says everyone wears underwear?

Patting down over the clothes is one thing. But patting down someone's "junk", and then handling my things or my own "junk" is quite another!

top topics

join