It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Young boy about 2-3 falls from luxury suite at Staples Center and dies

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning and wondered where the parents were. They haven't said much about the story just that he was apparently taking pictures when he fell 50 ft from the suite after the game on Sunday at the Staples Center.

My question is where were the parents and why wasnt he being watched?

So sad..


A young boy fell to his death from a luxury suite at Los Angeles' Staples Center on Sunday night, according to a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.
The boy, who was between 2 and 3 years old, fell from the suite around 10 p.m. local time, Sgt. Frank Alvelais told CNN. The boy was transported to the USC Medical Center, where he later died, Alvelais said.

source




posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Im tearing up right now. As a parent this really breaks my heart.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
People who are fans of sports will take their children if they cannot find someone to watch the child or they would want to introduce the kid to the sport. I believe the parents were busy cheering and the kid wandered off and then fell.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Im tearing up right now. As a parent this really breaks my heart.


I know when I saw it I was completely shocked!

He was 2-3 how was he NOT being watched?! I saw the pic of the sky box and where were the parents? Did they just let him roam around? It seems so...They havent said much on the story but it just seems ilke it could have been avoided with proper supervision by the parents.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
People who are fans of sports will take their children if they cannot find someone to watch the child or they would want to introduce the kid to the sport. I believe the parents were busy cheering and the kid wandered off and then fell.


They were in a luxury suite apparently, the parents should have been watching their kid.

IMO a child of that age shouldn't even be at a sporting event.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here is a pic from the Staples Center of the luxury suite boxes




Sorry but the parents should have been watching their child. Look how low that is, an adult could accidentally fall as well.

According to this site the child abuse unit is investigating. IMO this is child neglect. Watch your kids!

source



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
duplicate
edit on 11/22/2010 by mblahnikluver because: duplicate cause I was click happy



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


The bad part about all of this is that now they are, more than likely, going to have to put up some kind of barrier so this dosen't happen again. Everyone suffers because some loser parents cared more for sports that their flesh and blood. 2 and 3 year olds need constant supervision. You would figure if these losers could afford the luxury suite they would be able to affors a damned babysitter.

MOTF!



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by mblahnikluver
 


The bad part about all of this is that now they are, more than likely, going to have to put up some kind of barrier so this dosen't happen again. Everyone suffers because some loser parents cared more for sports that their flesh and blood. 2 and 3 year olds need constant supervision. You would figure if these losers could afford the luxury suite they would be able to affors a damned babysitter.

MOTF!



I agree! That it what bothers me most. Leave the kid at home! Does a 2-3 year even need to be a at Basketball game that late at night? NO!

The parents are negligent in this case big time. NO child should be left unattended. Sadly things like this happen because the parents are too self involved. I get nervous seeing other peoples kids in a dangerous situation..

I was at the beach once and there was 2-3 year old (in diapers) wandering at the water line and the beach was packed and the parents were no where to be seen! My friend and i got up and started to walk towards the kid because he was getting close to the pier and could have easily went in the water and got swept out. Finally the parents who were about 200ft away started running. My friend and I BOTH told them they should watch their kid and not let him wander like that on the beach ALONE. The mother got an attitude with us but that kid could have been snatched or lost at sea. Why is it so hard to WATCH your kids?!



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I saw this on the news this morning and wondered where the parents were. They haven't said much about the story just that he was apparently taking pictures when he fell 50 ft from the suite after the game on Sunday at the Staples Center.

My question is where were the parents and why wasnt he being watched?


He was taking pictures when he fell???? A 2-3 year old was taking pictures???
From the pic it looks like the wall is at least knee high. A 2-3 year old would have to have leaned over pretty far or actually climbed on the wall.
I wonder why this child was not asleep at this time of night.



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Here is a pic from the Staples Center of the luxury suite boxes




My son is 2 1/2. There is no way I would let him near that. What were those parents thinking? Or drinking...

Heck I wouldn't let my 4 year old or my 6 year old near that....



posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've been in a Staples Center box, and those things make me nervous. What is perplexing to me is how is it so open. The boxes I have been in have glass in front of them so that a child or person is generally stopped unless they are trying to leap. In the pictures above their box looks very much more open.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join