It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Nuclear weapon drivers sometimes got drunk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Report: Nuclear weapon drivers sometimes got drunk

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Energy Department's watchdog says government agents hired to drive nuclear weapons and components in trucks sometimes got drunk on the job, including an incident last year when two agents were detained by police at a local bar during a convoy mission.

The Energy Department's assistant inspector general, Sandra D. Bruce, said her office reviewed 16 alcohol-related incidents involving agents, candidate-agents and others from the government's Office of Secure Transportation between 2007 through 2009. A new report Monday said the incidents "indicate a potential vulne
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salon.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.newsvine.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow this really caught my eye on the Yahoo! homepage. Are these the type of unstable people that should be transporting our nuclear weapons? What would happen if some of these trucks got hijacked while these drivers were drunk and fell into the wrong hands? They are investigating over 16 different cases.

Do they just hire random drivers?

Kind Regards,
TokyoDynamite

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

Ya know... I'd have to be pretty damn drunk to be driving around a nuke in my truck....
Only way they could get me to do it without having to drag me into the cab kicking and screaming don't ya know...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tokyodynamite

Wow this really caught my eye on the Yahoo! homepage. Are these the type of unstable people that should be transporting our nuclear weapons? What would happen if some of these trucks got hijacked while these drivers were drunk and fell into the wrong hands? They are investigating over 16 different cases.

Do they just hire random drivers?

Kind Regards,
TokyoDynamite

news.yahoo.com

No they do not just hire "random drivers" the SST( super safe transport) teams are specially trained,cleared by the dept of energy and even carry u.s. marshall badges;,I find this allegation hard to believe; but when I was last in SAC in the weapons storage areas ( the early80's).The Minot- Barksdale incident Could not have taken place. So I can't say what happened to the ultra-asecure nuclear programs over the years.
edit on 22-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The nuclear weapon drivers
were BFF drinkin' buddies with
the EXXON Valdez drivers.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

Why wouldn't ya? Just sayin!
2nd line!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't see a problem unless the agents were actually drunk while performing their duties, which the report isn't exactly clear on. Sure, it says that some were in a bar while on the job, but not actually drunk while working. Believe it or not, these agents are some of the best of the best and it's just a little difficult for me to believe off-hand that these agents would be drunk while performing their duties. But then again, you never really know these days.

--airspoon

join