It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Meteorite Found with ET life forms?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd never heard of an "ice meteorite" before, so did some looking, but it seems every instance of it is related to this story...that's kind of fishy... Can anybody point to any pre-existing accounts of these "Ice Meteorites".... Seems to me, that any "ice" would be burned off during entry into the atmosphere, but that's just me...

Definitely a red flag (one of many)...

Indeed, about the only scholarly paper I can find on it, says:

In conclusion, from an atmospheric interaction and a solar system dynamics perspective, I would argue that it is not prudent to accept the idea that ice-meteorites exist. The origin of the large ice chunks that have fallen to the ground must lie somewhere within and not beyond the Earth’s atmosphere.

hyperion.cc.uregina.ca... (emphasis added)

Beech, M. (2006, November). The Problem of Ice Meteorites. Meteorite Quarterly, 12(4), 17-19.

So, not only is the premise of the ET life inside shaky, but the very existence of this "ice meteorite" is also on thin ice....

edit on 22-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just heard back from Dr. Albert Schnieders. He confirms that he did a analysis of only the basic chemical elements in a single particle from Duane Snyder's alleged ice meteor. Most of the known elements were found, some in only trace amounts, up through element 90 (thorium). He adds that it is outside his area of expertise to say that his results support the extraterrestrial origin of the particle, or that it contains extraterrestrial life. If Mr. Duane Snyder wishes us to accept his claims, I hope that he intends to produce appropriate scientific support for them. Ross
edit on 22-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: corrected spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

He wont, because he can't. Nothing will come of this because it is complete and utter bs (as others have pointed out).

Once again, an ounce of logic, reason and common sense should be able to allow any member around here to dismiss this fool's claims without further thought. But, because so many of us want to believe, and we are "compelled" to keep an "open mind" we entertain foolish stuff like this (which doesn't even pass the sniff test) because we can't risk actually saying what we are all thinking without offending someone's pseudo-religion.

But yeah, for obvious reasons this dude's line of crap is just that, crap.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ice Meteorite? Come on ATS, your better than this. A chunk of ice survived temperatures of around 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit? Perhaps a clump of gray water from an aircraft? If anything he has a clump of frozen sewage from an airplane.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why the 30th...No idea...

Why a hotel...Simple...

He's hoping to peddle some photo's and such which you can't do at a press launch. So hire a hotel, ply your wares with an outrageous claim and there's bound to be enough takers to make it worthwhile.

To be honest the thread should be removed as its an advert (not intentionally) and can only lead to filling his pockets.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Haha.. what did you think? 3 foot frozen aliens? Of course if it were true they would be talking about microscopic or near microscopic life forms. It would still be astonishing and proof that there are places that sustain life. It would no likely be probable, but fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd never heard of an "ice meteorite" before, so did some looking, but it seems every instance of it is related to this story...that's kind of fishy... Can anybody point to any pre-existing accounts of these "Ice Meteorites".... Seems to me, that any "ice" would be burned off during entry into the atmosphere, but that's just me...

Definitely a red flag (one of many)...

Indeed, about the only scholarly paper I can find on it, says:

In conclusion, from an atmospheric interaction and a solar system dynamics perspective, I would argue that it is not prudent to accept the idea that ice-meteorites exist. The origin of the large ice chunks that have fallen to the ground must lie somewhere within and not beyond the Earth’s atmosphere.

hyperion.cc.uregina.ca... (emphasis added)

Beech, M. (2006, November). The Problem of Ice Meteorites. Meteorite Quarterly, 12(4), 17-19.

So, not only is the premise of the ET life inside shaky, but the very existence of this "ice meteorite" is also on thin ice....

edit on 22-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Found this articule when serching the NASA web site and it sited this link to this article;

Possible Ice Meteorites Found in China China ``ice meteorite'' find could be world first By Jeffrey Parker April 2, 1995 BEIJING, April 2 (Reuter) - Chinese experts, saying it could be a scientific first, have recovered what they believe to be chunks of meteoric ice that plummeted to earth in Zhejiang province, Xinhua news agency said. It was a happy coincidence that amateur geologist Zhong Gongpei was nearby on March 23 when farmers saw three large chunks of ice crash with a whoosh into the paddy fields of Yaodou village, the official agency said late on Saturday. Meteorite expert Wang Sichao of China's prestigious Purple Mountain Observatory in Jiangsu province said two chunks recovered by Zhong were probably ice meteorites but that further analysis was needed for confirmation, Xinhua reported. No ice meteorite has ever been verified by scientists before, Wang said. If confirmed, the meteoric find would be China's second major scientific triumph this year.

link; www2.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ice meteors may sound improbable, but it should be remembered that a couple of centuries ago it was considered scientifically 'ridiculous' that rocks could fall from the sky. It is already known that some ordinary meteorites arrive at the Earth's surface very cold. An outer layer may have burned off, having served as thermal insulation for the interior. Meteors originate in the breakup of comets, which, of course, have a great deal of ice. It is perfectly conceivable that an occasional meteor might happen to contain ice in its interior, which becomes exposed by the time it lands on Earth. Ross

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
Ice meteors may sound improbable, but it should be remembered that a couple of centuries ago it was considered scientifically 'ridiculous' that rocks could fall from the sky. It is already known that some ordinary meteorites arrive at the Earth's surface very cold. An outer layer may have burned off, having served as thermal insulation for the interior. Meteors originate in the breakup of comets, which, of course, have a great deal of ice. It is perfectly conceivable that an occasional meteor might happen to contain ice in its interior, which becomes exposed by the time it lands on Earth. Ross

Thank you. This also leaves one to wonder how Earth has all of this water.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The short answer is: We don't really know how Earth came by its water. It may have been present in the primordial Earth. It could have come from asteroids containing water. Perhaps a combination of the two. The bulk of Earth's water apparently did not come from comets, as their hydrogen isotope ratio is markedly different from that in our water. It would be useful to know the details of the chemical analysis of Duane Snyder's 'ice meteor'. If it is a meteor, it should show an isotopic ratio like that of comets, and unlike ordinary Earth water. If it shows the common isotope ratio, it's likely that it originated on Earth, possibly as an unusually large hailstone. I will contact Mr. Snyder, ask him about this detail, ,and report back here with my results. Ross

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The much-discussed news conference presumably ended at least three hours ago. I searched Mr. Snyder's website for a report on how this went, and what was told, but found nothing of the sort. One mainly finds attempts to sell copies of vaguely described analyses of the objects, and photographs of the supposed life forms. I used Google news to search for reports from any journalistic source about the news conference. Found a few posted prior to it, but none by anyone who attended. I never heard back from Mr, Snyder, after asking him if he had information of the hydrogen isotope ratio of the icy object. (see above post) I surmise that Mr. Snyder has no information of this sort, as this quite convincing piece of data is never mentioned. His chief bases for believing that the icy object came from space are reportedly the facts that it had not snowed recently in his area, at the time the object was found, and that laboratory analysis revealed unique molecular structures. The first point is not too impressive. Hailstones often fall in places where it never, or very seldom snows. The second point sounds more impressive, but without considerably greater detail, can not be evaluated. If Mr. Snyder wishes to sell access to this information, he ought to produce something more substantive up front to convince prospective customers of the merits of his claims. Ross
edit on 30-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: added background material

edit on 30-11-2010 by Ross 54 because: removed duplicative material.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Found this articule when serching the NASA web site and it sited this link to this article;

Yes, but that was over 5 years ago, so no confirmation since I take it, or at least it would have been newsworthy enough to show up in a search. It would seem that we're still at an ice meteorite being iffy in and of itself, let alone as to what it contains.

Just keeps sounding like a scam.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Ice meteorite contains alien life remains

Figure 1 below is marked for alien life remains of blood vessel and
red blood cells found in an ice meteorite discovered by Mr. Duane P.
Snyder:

Figure 1: www.wretch.cc...

Photo source and credit: The original micrograph of Figure 1 was
purchased from Mr. Snyder’s website at www.snydericyrite.com...

The website contains chemical composition reports. They are meteorites because they contain nearly all the elements of the Periodic Table. No Earth rocks have such concentration of elements.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The only official conclusion I saw:

Whether our results can be used as an argument for an extraterrestrial nature of the sample or even for the existence of extraterrestrial life, is beyond the scope of the analysis, and I will not comment on that.

So, we've got the scientist stating it's beyond the scope, and an "ice meteorite" when there has not been any prior conclusion that such meteorites can and do exist.

And, this revelation occurs not within any kind of scientific conference or setting, but a hotel.

Fishy, fishy, fishy (as is the timing...to coincide with NASA's arsenic bacteria revelation)....

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Exactly!!

Its all a set up ,this is comeing to the MSM , to get us ready for the idea that we where created by these kind of things back in the day,"THIS so called ET dna/bacteria/whatever, mixes with what was already here,on a microscopic level ,and mutates what already here...LOL

Or to scare us into thinking these things are going to bring some uncureable virus..LOL

Who knows ,but something to do with hidden planets, ice comets, and ET life of some form is getting ready to happen if you look at the headlines..LOL

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Added on Dec. 3, 2010:
Proof of meteorite:

The following link shows Mr. Snyder had the ice meteorite analyzed
for its chemical composition and bio-molecular structures. The
analysis reports show the object contains most of the elements on the
periodic table (90 u). No Earth rocks contain so many elements in a concentrated form.

In short, the object is a meteorite because it contains iron-nickel metal and animal fossils. Listen to the radio talk for details.
www.disclose.tv...

and read the test reports on Mr. Snyder's website.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I for one have hope for Mr. Snyder's find. He reports on his site that not one American reporter was there to cover his announcement. It is interesting that he claims the gas analysis report done in 2001 is consistent with an analysis of a Saturnian moon by NASA in 2008.

He may really have something here. He has contacted several research institutions to no avail. It cannot be that hard to find a new micro-biology Ph.D. candidate looking for a thesis. A simple DNA test could rectify this discovery or sink it.

I find it callous that people are derogatory towards this because he announced the discovery at a Ramada Inn. He is an average Joe like you or me that is trying to find out if what he has is real and he is being ignored by the science that can prove it.

Did anyone ever think that he might be charging for photo's so he can pay for more scientific analysis?

Here's to you, Duane Snyder.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have listened to the entire radio interview of Mr. Snyder. The interviewer was more than fair to him, giving him all the time he needed to make his best case. I would very much life to believe that he has found extraterrestrial life, which is why I have spent so much time looking into this case. I did not, however, hear anything that would seriously tend to support his claims. Mr. Snyder seems to think that his strongest evidence is the multiplicity of chemical elements reveled in the analysis of spherical particles contained in the ice. He seems to believe that any terrestrial material would not show such a diversity of elements. He does not explain why he believes this to be so. He offers no supporting evidence that it is the case. In fact, if one looks into the subject of the abundance of the chemical elements in the crust of the Earth, one finds that all the elements are present, to one degree or another. Some of them are present in only tiny trace amounts, true, but this is the same situation described to me by Dr. Albert Schniders. In his response to my query, he stated that his analysis of the particles revealed most of the chemical elements up through Thorium (element # 90) and that many of these were present in only minute proportions.*** My inquiry to Mr. Snyder about the hydrogen isotope ratio in the ice has yet to be answered. I explained to him that if he could show a ratio typical of comets, and also probably of Saturn's moon Enceladus, which he seems to believe to be the source of his 'ice meteor', then he would have the basis of a scientific case, and could probably attract the interest of scientists. Of course if the ratio turned out to match Earthly ice, that's very likely just what he's got. Ross

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wretch, I think you've got to do a bit more than copy and paste that EVERYWHERE. It's getting rather old.
Were you hired to just spam the hell out of the forum?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join