It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new active faultline found in idaho.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Idaho State University researchers have discovered a previously unknown active fault line that runs from along the eastern edge of the Sawtooths, within about five miles of Stanley, in areas of the Sawtooth National Recreation Area that is heavily used, as well as within 65 miles of Idaho's largest city, Boise.
Twin Falls Times-News

another article

weeklyworldnews.com...

planet is really gearing up huh??

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Such a temblor would be most keenly felt at an epicenter near Stanley, home to about 100 year-round residents ...

I couldn't find Stanley, CO in Google Maps.

Is that the same Stanley, as in the infamous "Stanley Hotel"?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I wrote this in thinking on another thread some time back - don't know if i can link it right but I will Try

Anyways - here's what I was thinking - and it also upon further thought comes into play of the Appalachian Trail

"Okay, - I tried before but - got stuck - stuck on just this - Love the Maps- Thanks All - - I have one issue though on all this - please help me to understand - If this part of the crust - moved northwest ---- but in Yellowstone we are moving West, Southwest --- = what - the New Madrid Fault line goes all the way up through the west side of the Great Lakes, up, up, and around - to give the ability for crust to move?? - is New Madrid fault being what - a rift zone?? Is there more to the Mississippi River - Is there a Missing Plate??? Man, all this deep thinking of late - gives me a migraine which I am also subject to.

EDIT: So, if we at it one step farther and pull up This map and take a look at the all the lakes on the westerly side of Hudson Bay -- questions arise - Are those lakes subect to to the same volcanic history? I posted once about the micro swarms of quakes just south of Albany, NY - which unfortunately were not set off by having to much fun near the instruments - appears to be in almost perfect alignment with the Hudson Bay theory - and the lakes to the west. "

new topics

join