It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Could Be Pressed Into Mandatory Community Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
American government planes on drafting women 18 to 26! Or working for Home land Security.
Well I�m glad I�m an older guy and not living in the states,
I don�t liked to be forced to do any thing, but to do civilian service for homeland security,
When do they give out the Maltese Falcons? Before or after they give out the Brown shirts!

The Universal National Service Act of 2003 sitting in this 108th Congress isn't getting much attention in the media, but has many Americans very concerned about what it will mean if signed into law by President Bush. In the Senate, S89 (Senate Bill), sponsored by Ernest Hollings, (D-SC) reads (search): To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.
The House of Representatives has a 'sister' bill, HR 163 (House Resolution), sponsored by Charlie Rangel, (D-NY) (search) which contains the same language. Both bills will make it mandatory for women to serve in the military as well as men; the age window for induction is 18-26.

AMERICANS COULD BE PRESSED INTO MANDATORY COMMUNITY SERVICE

[edit on 1-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add your thoughts to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

join