It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operating on the Western World (Removing the cancer or the life support?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Recently i have noticed similar changes to America and the UK in the way their respective governments are moving forward. The media do not cover much of the political changes of other countries so i can not comment on those but i am almost certain if they aren’t already following suit then they soon will be.

The changes i have seen are reforms to both the benefits and housing systems to both the UK and out neighbours across the pond. We are both undergoing a metaphorical operation in the sense that we are infected patients and our tumours are being operated on. What i cannot make out as of yet is the outcome.

To me it is obvious the operation is underway. We only need to look at the gross removal of the benefits system to both countries and the recent reforms to the housing platforms.

In the UK the benefits system has taken a dramatic u-turn not only for the unemployed but also for those who are deemed unable to work (the sick). This is a continuing and painful change for millions.
The same can be said of the benefits system in America.

In the UK the government are also introducing 2 year contracts for the millions of people who live in both council and housing association properties, meaning that there will no longer be and fixed term (life time) contracts. This will increase individual's apprehensions and stability in terms of having a roof over their heads for long term periods as was the case prior to the new laws being imposed via the new coalition in the UK.

I am not sure how the housing system works in America but i am sure they are also undergoing significant changes.

Match this against the price hikes in fuel consumption and the lack of available jobs it seems that the squeeze is no upon us all.

For those in work who feel comfortable in terms of finance and who continue to live ignorantly of the changes being imposed on their fellow humans i feel it is only a matter of time before legislation is introduced which will affect you and your way of life also. Be it through new tax laws or the further reduction of jobs and long term contracts.

One way or the other the Western World is now on the operating table.

Once again the only thing i am unsure of at the moment is the outcome. Are these governments suffocating our support systems in order to perform an operation which in the long term will make us better and heal our current illness or are they just buying time and making us suffer more and more before they turn off the life support?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Once again the only thing i am unsure of at the moment is the outcome. Are these governments suffocating our support systems in order to perform an operation which in the long term will make us better and heal our current illness or are they just buying time and making us suffer more and more before they turn off the life support?

Thanks.

Well these people may be crooks, but they are intelligent. I doubt they are genuinely deluded into thinking the removal of the benefits system they created is the cure to the current mess of employment/dependency on government. So there is definitely an agenda behind most political actions. They could easily cut defense budgets instead of benefits. The U.S in particular has a defence budget much larger than most nations total annual spending. It's quite naive to think that this is the best those running a country can come up with.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Thanks.

Well these people may be crooks, but they are intelligent. I doubt they are genuinely deluded into thinking the removal of the benefits system they created is the cure to the current mess of employment/dependency on government. So there is definitely an agenda behind most political actions. They could easily cut defense budgets instead of benefits. The U.S in particular has a defence budget much larger than most nations total annual spending. It's quite naive to think that this is the best those running a country can come up with.

Indeed.

This adds weight to the possibility that that these governments have little to gain from such actions, financially.
So then what would be the purpose of subjecting the masses to such ordeals?

It almost feels like they are goading us into a reaction...

new topics

join