It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibility of a Man made "Polar Shift" ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Just as i said, the south Atlantic anomaly is beginning to expand as magnetic field weakens, but why it is expanding at a faster rate now thats the question may be external stimulus:

A magnetic reversal in progress? The South Atlantic Anomaly (SAA) is known to be growing in extent and spreading westwards from South Africa, as the Earth’s internal magnetic field rapidly weakens in this region. This may be early evidence of a forthcoming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field.

British geological survey

A thread is also there about this. Link.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Earth has had Magnetic flips before.

This time it will be different. We've altered Earth. We've mined over a Trillion Trillion tons of minerals from within the Earth. We've pumped over a Trillion Trillion barrels of oil and natural gas from within the planet. We've put all that weight on the surface of the Earth.

We've changed the ball. It took Billions of years for this spinning ball to get it's mass just right to be stable. It took us 100 years to change the Ball and mine/pump all that Tonnage out and put it on the surface of the Earth.

This spinning Ball has never encountered the change in mass that we did to it. Therefor this magnetic flip will be unlike any other. Get a Styrofoam ball from a craft store. Put a tennis ball in it for the core.Cover the Styrofoam ball with 2 layers of leather to simulate the resources in the crust. Then add 8 layers of newspaper.

Now suspend the ball on a fishing line with a swivel to allow it to spin around freely hanging from something. Stick a tiny piece of reflective tape on the equator. Spin that ball as fast as you can and use a handheld digital tachometer to see it's speed and count how long it takes for the planet to stop.

Now remove the newspaper and leather from the Styrofoam planet. Now put the 8 layers of newspaper on it THEN put on the 2 layers of leather. Reattach the tiny piece of reflective tape to the equator.

Repeat the experiment and see how fast the planet spins and how long it took to stop spinning.

Realize what we did to our planet? Now fathom the effects of a planet slowing down. It will move away from the sun, it will lose it's moon, it will get longer days. We did that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are rumors everywhere regarding March 15th as a geographical pole shift, leaked by some govt. insider. I think this is it, they have the technology and they will use it in the future. It does not requires much effort, just stir up those currents with a pulse weapon and rest will happen automatically.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
‘Russian Journal: HAARP could Capsize Planet’
Sharon Weinberger, 08 January 2008

Just when you think you’ve heard all the possible far-out theories behind the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Alaska, leave it to the Russians to come up with one better. Forget mind control, the Russians think HAARP is a ‘geophysical weapon’ that’s [going to] capsize the planet. . . .

The most dangerous thing is that even developers cannot say with certainty what will happen to the planet and how [the] ionosphere will react to the attack with these rays if the system is switched to the maximum power. As is known, [the] ionosphere and the ozone layer protect the Earth from the deadly cosmic radiation. The electromagnetic cannon of the HAARP system will damage [the] ionosphere, and the cosmic radiation will be able to reach the surface of the planet.

Moreover, the effects of this know-how (as published) cannot be controlled, some researchers say. Even a single use of this weapon may result in [a] so-called trigger effect which no one will be able to stop: earthquakes, sudden cooling on the global scale, etc. In the opinion of Canadian scientist Rosalie Bertel, who is studying the effects of wars on the environment, intense disturbance of [the] ionosphere may result in a release of huge masses of free electrons – so-called electron showers. For its part, this might result in the change of electric potential of the poles and ensuing shift of the magnetic pole of the Earth. Simply speaking, the planet will ‘capsize.’ So the location of the north pole will become uncertain.

www.wired.com...

‘Electromagnetic Weather Altering’
C.B. Baker, July 1994

Disrupting the Earth’s Dynamo:

The combined effects of these transmitters, including the Russian Woodpecker, the new HAARP system, together with all the other ELF and VLF systems (such as those in Michigan and the GWEN Towers), are very dangerous. When operating simultaneously and during times of geomagnetic storms, they present a severe threat to the entire planet.

The disruption of the earth’s internal dynamo, and the disruption and alteration of the upper atmosphere magnetic belts (which constitute the external part of the earth’s natural dynamo system), can create a premature reversal of the magnetic poles, worsen the newly discovered wobble of the earth’s spin and possibly create a total polar reversal or earth shift. “During at least one reversal, magnetic north may have changed direction by as much as 4 to 8 degrees in a single day.” (May 1992 Discovery Magazine)

www.itwillpass.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

A pole shift is a term defined by Hancock. It is a crustal event.

The Earth's magnetic field originates from the interior, not the exterior. It comes from the outer liquid part of the core. Altering the field on the surface does not push matter in the core.

We can't build a device to move the contents of the core of the planet.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

There is zero evidence that a magnetic reversal has any affect on life on Earth.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

If we lose the ice caps anything can happen. I think the whole thing is gonna tip right over.

Pole shifts have never happened. Ice caps and glaciation do not lead to pole shifts. There has been no pole shift in 200 million years.

None of your valid concerns about damage to the environment will lead to either a magnetic reversal or pole shift.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There are lots of tall tales about pole shifts or as you called it a "shifting of the earths axis". This does not happen rapidly. No such event has happened in 200My. The best known event was from 800Ma and it took 15My to complete moving at a speedy 1 meter a year.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Embarrassing. It thought this was a new thread and was going through it when I realized that I bumped into banned member.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

All I know is what I was graciously gifted to know, it is a long story but true beyond the mysteries of my life. I do not claim to know anymore than the next person.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Although you believe to have in some sense seen the event, it cannot happen. Pole shifts have not happened as described by Hancock. The crust cannot shift, nor the Earth suddenly shift to a new axial orientation. If that were to happen it would leave evidence of the event. No such evidence exists.

Magnetic reversals do happen and they are not associated with extinction events. The geologic fossil record does not show extinctions at the time of magnetic reversals.

If we were to suppose that you actually saw something that is to come, then what we can tell for certain is that it is not associated with either a pole shift or magnetic reversal. The first does not happen and the second is not catastrophic in nature.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What happened began back in 1983 while standing at a bus stop with my Mom. We were waiting, standing and all of the sudden it was as if I was violently and rapidly forced sideways in every way possible.

When it ended after only a few short seconds, it was if I had some form of tunnel sense, a rare form of calm if you may, intense clarity and peaceful calm.

I looked stunned over at my Mom and after a moment or two simply asked her "what was that?, what just happened?"

She was unaware of anything having changed or that was different.

This was the first conscious time I had some supernatural occurrence that defied all logic or reason.

Again perhaps 6 months later it happened again only this time I was traveling with a group of Girlfriends to see an Enlightened Master Speak.

As we entered within the boundaries of the Buddhafield, it happened again, this time I was seated in the front seat and there was a profound moment of inner stillness and a point where eternity penetrated time.

Again the sensation of being cast sideways towards my right and flipped suddenly. This time unlike at the bus stop, I found myself as a point within eternity itself, a boundless vacuum of existence itself.

A reddened/golden sky of energy and sound, moving with no beginning or end. Clouds of eternity so profound in their truth and isness.

Only witnessing and yet an intricate part of the whole existed, no form, no conscious thought as we know intellectually. Instinct, awareness within the nous.

Then like a flash of golden color everything back where it started. Only silence.

Utter and complete silence, bliss beyond imagination.

Sitting now in the quiet car rolling into a small little town, we stop for gas and a bathroom break. Again like in a bubble I look to my friends to discover that all they knew was a high spiritual sense of peace, nothing else, again I was alone in this most generous gift from existence itself.

Walking was as if for the first time in fact everything was if for the first time, fresh and new. Not unknown but with the fullest fragrance of a mature rose flower, innocence and vulnerability in conjunction with strength and fulfillment. Yes like the Strength of a Rose as a dear friend once wrote in a song.

And like the rose, passed by unseen in the deep forest, and yet with this level of awareness the fragrance shared by all of eternity, no past, no future only one moment, one fragment of timelessness.

Sensing everything all at once, I could look at any one person and know everything about them or their ancestors if I chose to look on, it did not matter because in that moment 'seeing' others was like an illusion or a misuse of respect. Finding I could know anything, I chose not to, but instead remained in my body and the witnessing presence which did not need words or thought to exist fully.

This state lasted for three days and many personal miracles were shared, but they were part of the inner temple and not really to be share right here or now.

Getting to the point where the experience happened was a few years down the road. If you wish I will tell you about it, just know that it would take a leap of faith to accept, I did without question and have always known that it will happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

These are rather interesting experiences you relate, but why do you think that would mean a pole shift? Pole shifts can be checked for by their geological signatures. There are none for the last 200 million years. A pole shift is not what you describe. A magnetic reversal would not be sensed. It would not cause anything on the surface to move or lurch as you describe.

What you describe could be due to an explosion or collision or storm. In high mountains I have been blown backwards and knocked down by the wind. A hurricane or tornado is more likely to cause the effects you describe than a pole shift which cannot happen. Avalanches, rock slides, car accident, train accident, or a carnival ride are more likely than a pole shift which cannot happen.

The pole shift event from 800Ma moved at a screaming 1 meter a year. That's intensely fast for geological processes, but can't be felt by people without good instruments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join