It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old papers tell different tales on Obama's past(not a birther thread)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I agree.
I for one have never voted for any elected official without having full knowledge of their day to day activities between the ages of 2 and 6. In fact, that is really all I look into as it is so telling.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra5Finish
reply to post by backinblack

I agree.
I for one have never voted for any elected official without having full knowledge of their day to day activities between the ages of 2 and 6. In fact, that is really all I look into as it is so telling.

So true..The mind is very receptive at that age and the brain is still forming..
Outside influences can leave a huge impact on your personality at that age..
But then it's not such a big deal, heck he couldn't remember what hospital he was born in either..
You are sooooo right.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
So true..The mind is very receptive at that age and the brain is still forming..
But then it's not such a big deal, heck he couldn't remember what hospital he was born in either..
You are sooooo right.

I know that was when I fully formed my lifelong political ideaology, when I was 3 and a half. After that, set in stone. I was so receptive to politics at that age, as are all children. Of course, we all know that is the best time to implant alternate personalities as well, right? Totally on to something there. How can anyone not remember what hospital they were born in? Being born is like a really big deal. Who does not remember something like that? Hell, I will never forget the things the doctor was saying as I was making my way out.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Why is he hiding all the documentation of his past? It makes no sense unless there is something serious to hide.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
Why is he hiding all the documentation of his past? It makes no sense unless there is something serious to hide.

Like what?

Is there something specific you would like access to but cannot get?
What exactly has been hidden?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassandra5Finish

Hell, I will never forget the things the doctor was saying as I was making my way out.

Yeah, and I'm still trying to sue that doctor for slapping my touche..

It was like, "welcome to the free world son" and don't you forget who's boss!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by jibeho

So an article from 1990 claims a different year to which Obama left for Indonesia? I don't believe for a second that every article about Barack Obama will be factually accurate, I doubt there was ever a president that was documented accurately. This article just highlights the reality of the fact. In addition to that I do not see what difference it will make whether Obama arrived to Indonesia in 1963 or 1965, it makes absolutely no difference. He would still have been ineligible for Indonesian citizenship on the grounds that a minor cannot give up his or her US citizenship.

We have contradicting statements from Michelle on multiple occasions, contradicting articles,

Nobody asked Michelle whether Obama was born in Kenya or not. A passing comment made by her regarding obama's "home country" does not equate to her claiming Obama was born in Kenya. It's about context and unless you or anybody else asked her in person where Obama was born and she stated such, there is no such statement of her claiming Obama's birth there.

Now we have stories about Obama becoming unhinged/punchy

I heard 2 years ago that Obama was, how shall I quote it, "sweating bullets over the eligibility issue"
Really now, bluffing ain't getting nowhere.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

I am not attempting to dredge up the eligiblity issue here. We have 2 articles from 1990, one from the AP and one from the NY Times. Both articles were written about Obama's historic and very high profile appointment to the head of Harvard Law Review. He was the first Black man to sit at its helm and it stirred up quite the affirmative action debate on the Harvard campus. He was apparently interviewed and quoted for each of the articles. Why the difference in the facts. Just reporting fundamentals because back in 1990 all facts and information were obtained the old fashioned way and not from Wiki and the crazy WWW.

Then 5 years later we have Obama's "Dreams..." in which another time line was presented. This book has been presented as the official life and times of Obama.

Simply too many flags and questions for many to just blindly accept. I don't doubt that he was born in either HI or WA. I just want to know which time line we are supposed to follow and why there are such contradictions over such rudimentary details.

As far as Michelle's comments are concerned, the only one that really makes me wonder is her very public comment made during a 2008 campaign speech. In which she said that Obama's mother was very young and very single when she had Obama. That statement inspired me to look deeper into the history of our president. Her Kenyan comments simply refer to his heritage. I get that. I refer to Hungary as my homeland because it is the land of my Grandparents and extended family.

We'll see what the historians have to say about Obama in the years to come. I suspect that we will know much more about him after the 2012 election cycle.

There have been several articles written over the last couple of days regarding Obama's apparent shift in demeanor. There are multiple factors that could explain it. Fatigue, jet lag, political pressure, G20 Rejection or knowledge of a looming event. Case in point, the recent attack by N Korea on S Korea. The man is not cut out for this role he is playing and the wear and tear is beginning to show.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassandra5Finish

Originally posted by backinblack
You are sooooo right.

I know that was when I fully formed my lifelong political ideaology, when I was 3 and a half. After that, set in stone. I was so receptive to politics at that age, as are all children. Of course, we all know that is the best time to implant alternate personalities as well, right? Totally on to something there. How can anyone not remember what hospital they were born in? Being born is like a really big deal. Who does not remember something like that? Hell, I will never forget the things the doctor was saying as I was making my way out.

Nevermind... That was a sarcastic post.
I get it. ha ha ha Just trolling eh?

I would think Obama would know what hospital he was born in. Ever do a family tree or autobiographical project in school? Hell, he even went to HS in HI. I'm sure the topic came up at least once. Call it the curiosity of youth especially when you consider Obama's self described personal quest to discover his own identity. Pretty simple really.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Nevermind... That was a sarcastic post.
I get it. ha ha ha Just trolling eh?

Nevermind what? Why would you say nevermind, call it trolling, and then respond to it at such length?

I would think Obama would know what hospital he was born in. Ever do a family tree or autobiographical project in school? Hell, he even went to HS in HI. I'm sure the topic came up at least once. Call it the curiosity of youth especially when you consider Obama's self described personal quest to discover his own identity. Pretty simple really.

Why would you think that? Are you related to your birth hospital? There are no hospitals in my family tree anywhere. I would really kind of like to see yours now. Why would anyone put a hospital into a family tree? What does going to high school have to do with what hospital he was born in? I do not get the connection there. You can call it the curiosity of youth. I never had such a curiosity as that information has never come to a point of relevancy in my life ever. I was born. I am clear on that. I never questioned the existence of a building in which that may have been facilitated. It has no impact on my life.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Cassandra5Finish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why would you think that? Are you related to your birth hospital? There are no hospitals in my family tree anywhere. I would really kind of like to see yours now. Why would anyone put a hospital into a family tree? What does going to high school have to do with what hospital he was born in? I do not get the connection there. You can call it the curiosity of youth. I never had such a curiosity as that information has never come to a point of relevancy in my life ever. I was born. I am clear on that. I never questioned the existence of a building in which that may have been facilitated. It has no impact on my life.

Its called research. Perhaps you've heard of genealogy?? and the techniques used to research a family tree. Hospital records, church records, baptismal records, marriage licenses etc...

You too funny. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were just baiting and trolling because you are bored. Your naivete is classic and yet very familiar. Care to go down that road again??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Its called research. Perhaps you've heard of genealogy?? and the techniques used to research a family tree. Hospital records, church records, baptismal records, marriage licenses etc...

That makes no sense at all. Why would Obama need to look up his own birth records for his own family tree? He knows who he is and who his parents are. What would he be hoping to add to his own family tree about himself that he would need to research his own birth for?

You too funny. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were just baiting and trolling because you are bored. Your naivete is classic and yet very familiar. Care to go down that road again??

What trolling is that? Is that what you call opposing views? Anyone that does not just star you and move on is a troll? Please explain what trolling I have done so that I can learn from it. You will forgive me if I do not recall going down any road about classic naivete before.

I have not insulted anyone, resorted to ad hom attacks, or so much as called anyone names. How about you stop just calling me troll and try and have a discussion. Or, show me what trolling I did and I will be on my way. In the meantime, please step aside so that any posters that can participate without childish name calling may have a say.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Try addressing the actual topic rather than the posts of individuals. Going back to your first post of course.

I get it. You don't see the relevance behind two contemporary news articles, each addressing the same topic and each interviewing the same person, coming up with different basic facts about the history of the subject. You certainly don't see the relevance of these two conflicting arcticles to the official 1995 Obama history either.

So what is you actual opinion without the sarcasm and naivete? Which story is correct? Who is not telling the truth? It would seem with Obama, that one lie just begets another until the liar actually believes the lies to be true.

If he does not genuinely know the basic facts of his childhood than I feel sorry for the man. Now, if he was adopted out of an orphanage and doesn't know the facts, I could live with that. I think we all could. However, Obama chose to paint a very vivid picture of his past in his "Dreams.." book and that picture now appears to have a problem with fading colors.

There are plenty of threads about the glitches in The Obama Nativity Story. This thread is simply about the contradiction of two articles written in the NY Times and the AP.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nice to see all of the well-known trolls get all of the red herrings out of their systems on the first page.

Can we get back to the topic at hand?

I personally believe that there is something fishy, but I can't put my finger on it.

Oh well. We will learn more sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Too many questions, too many contradictions, too many loose ends regarding his upbringing, childhood and citizenship, and his followers are completely ignorant of it all.

They don't call him Obama the bamboozler for nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I am not attempting to dredge up the eligiblity issue here.

But you are attempting to raise questions just because afew articles got his history and biography wrong. As I said, I doubt that any president in our past has not been incorrectly quoted or documented by an article. Obama is no special in that instance.

Simply too many flags and question

You and many other conservatives held suspicions about the man well before any of these flags and articles came into place, so I'd doubt you made that judgement because you "stumbled onto something". Obama is no difference from the other 43 presidents interms of what we know about them.

for many to just blindly accept.

For us to blindly accept his history and eligibility? The truth is we all blindly accept these things for all presidents, we never 100% know about the history or eligibility of any president. You cannot claim that you know personally that Reagans history is verifiable, you choose to believe and assume it is, and in turn you assume Obama's is not. The truth is you can not verify Reagan's or Clinton's history anymore than you cn Obama. Nobody can really. You choose to believe what you want and you back up this belief by search for any inaccuracies in newspapers or about this president.

I'd bet if WND made the same effort on presidents Clinton, Reagan and so forth they'd find the same articles getting it incorrect, and raise the same "questions". But they don't, because this president personally gets under their skin.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join