It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old papers tell different tales on Obama's past(not a birther thread)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This thread is for anyone who has conducted any research on the life and times of Obama. During your research, did you find story inconsistencies? Dates that don't add up? Odd time lines that vary from source to source? I did.

I read "Dreams..." I read the interview transcripts, I have listened to the speeches and above all I have read whatever newspaper articles that I could find and I have also hit the dead ends and the rotaries.

Now it would seem that the official Obama nativity story is beginning to unravel even further. Surely, many will deny it. For me it just throws another flag onto a field that is currently covered with them.

Step back to 1990. A time when the Obama that we know was in his final stages of preparation....

Contributing to the impression of shifting sands in his official biography, two newspaper articles from 1990 – apparently based on interviews with Barack Obama – reported that the future president left Hawaii for Indonesia when he was 2 years old, not 6 years old, as he relates in his autobiography.

On May 3, 1990, the Associated Press widely published a feature story on Obama highlighting him as the first African-American named as president of the Harvard Law review.

"Obama moved to Southeast Asia at age 2 when his parents divorced and his mother married an Indonesian," the Associated Press reported. "Until the fifth grade, Obama attended Indonesian schools, where most of his friends were the sons of servants, street peddlers and farmers."

The Associated Press article was widely published throughout the United States in newspapers that typically picked up and reprinted AP stories.

Here is the screen capture of the AP report as published by the Chicago Daily Herald on May 3, 1990:

So, based on the dates that we have been carefully fed, this story indicates that Obama spent 8 years in Indonesia, leaving when he was 10

Now for another article.

Then, on Aug. 1, 1990, reporter Tammerlin Drummond wrote that Obama left for Indonesia at 2 years old, in an article entitled "Harvard Law Review Gets Its First Black President."

"Two years [after Obama was born], Obama's parents separated and he moved to a small village outside Jakarta, Indonesia, with his mother, an anthropologist," Drummond wrote. "There he spent his boyhood playing with the sons and daughters of rice farmers and rickshaw drivers, attending an Indonesian-speaking school, where he had little contact with Americans."

Drummond further reported that, "After six years in Indonesia, Obama was sent back to the United States to live with his maternal grandparents in Hawaii in preparation for college."

Six years in Indonesia? Or eight years, as the AP reported earlier? Regardless of which account may be true, they both contradict the "official" story.

The Obama official Indonesia story

Here are key dates in the Obama timeline that figure into determining when precisely Obama left Hawaii for Indonesia:

* Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4, 1961;

* Obama's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, divorced Barack Obama Sr. on March 20, 1964, when Obama was still 2 years old;

* Stanley Ann Dunham married Lolo Soetoro on March 24, 1965, when Obama was 3 years old;

* On July 20, 1966, Lolo Soetoro leaves Hawaii, where he had been attending the University of Hawaii, to return to Indonesia;

* On June 29, 1967, Stanley Ann Dunham applies to the U.S. Department of State to amend her U.S. Passport No. F777788 to change her name from Stanley Ann Dunham to her married name, Stanley Ann Soetoro;

* According to her passport records, Ann Dunham Soetoro traveled from Honolulu, Hawaii, to Djakarta, Indonesia, via Japan Airlines in October 1967, using U.S. Passport No. 777788.

If Barack Obama Jr. traveled with his mother to go to Indonesia for the first time in October 1967, he would have been six years old.

The information in Obama's memoir, "Dreams from My Father," generally supports that Obama was in Indonesia for only four years, from the time he was 6 years old until 10 years old, from 1967-1971, although the references to Indonesia in the autobiography are typically vague regarding specific dates.

In trying to determine the Obama timeline in Indonesia, the following passages in "Dreams from My Father" are relevant:

* Obama comments he had lived in Indonesia for "over three years by that time," discussing a visit with his mother to the U.S. embassy in Djakarta, at some unspecified time before he returned to the United States ("Dreams from My Father," p. 30).

* "In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school, two years at the Catholic school" ("Dreams from My Father," p. 154).

* On a yet unspecified date, supposedly in 1971, Barack Obama returns from Indonesia to Hawaii alone, unaccompanied by his mother ("Dreams from My Father," p. 53).

How to resolve the mystery?

Either reporters in 1990 misheard Barack Obama, or Obama's story about when precisely he left for Indonesia as a child and how long he stayed there changed between May 1990, when he became president of the Harvard Law Review, and July 1995, when he first published his autobiography.

Unfortunately, since Barack Obama has blocked all release of his U.S. passport and travel records, there is no public documentation of when he first traveled to Indonesia, or under what passport.

As WND has previously reported, the State Department has claimed a 1980s General Services Administration directive resulted in the destruction of many passport application records, including Dunham's 1965 passport application, as well as any other U.S. passports she may have applied for or held prior to 1965.

Also as WND has reported, this is not the only mystery regarding Obama's time in Indonesia.

A photo has surfaced showing Obama and Scott Inoue attending third grade in 1969 at Noelani Elementary School in Honolulu, even though the official Obama Indonesia story indicates that he was in Jakarta in 1969, registered in school as Barry Soetoro and living with his mother, Ann Dunham Soetoro, and his Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro.

www.wnd.com...

And people wonder why there are so many questions swirling about this man's history. A history that should be and OPEN and CLOSED book. We have contradicting statements from Michelle on multiple occasions, contradicting articles, contradicting info. from Obama's campaign website, his book, etc etc. I won't get into the information regarding Obama's father. That has been discussed and questions are still swirling about his relationship with Obama's mother based on recently released news articles about Barack Sr. Again, just more contradiction to the official story. Oddly enough, whatever surfaces is just wiped off as misspeak or incorrect info. from his followers. Facts are facts right?

What is the true story?? Why the cloak of secrecy for a man who holds the highest authority in our nation?

Now we have stories about Obama becoming unhinged/punchy etc. and joking about flying AF one to visit Chavez. Joke or simple fatigue, the man is losing whatever composure he has left. He is due for a long nap and no more trips. Let's see if he can stay put for more than a week.
edit on 22-11-2010 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Good work.

I look at it this way. Apparently no one in any official copacity is going to (or can't) do anything about this-now.

All this stuff is just adding up and come the next election, it will all come together and he will be out of there. Henceforth, I bet you every canidate will get the: Sarah Palin Treatment.

It is all we can do. I ran a thread last week the the Feds admitted their is not checking procedure in place. That loop-hole is being addressed by the states-which the Feds will follow. Fool us once.....

I think the real reason this is being helped to stay surpressed by the MSM is that the public is going to go ballistic and want to know who knew what and when. I think we are seeing the results already as the MSM continues to fall in the ratings and favorablitiy area.

And, we are seeing the results of Obamas work so far in the last elections. Governing against the will of the people. Not Good.

Now, the Republicans. They will be a changing-for the better. With the Tea Party watching over them and the conituned growth of the movement. they will have no choice but to move back from the liberal direction it was taking-away from Conseratism.

I firmly believe there will be a huge backlash aginst the Dem party in 2012 also and may well be the end of the Dem Party (at least as well see it today).

Anyway, good work.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for posting this. S&F!

With all the stories floating around, what is a person to believe?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Either way all the quoted articles supplied in your post refer to him being born in Hawaii!
Now if they had lead me to believe he was not born in Hawaii then that may have been an issue as regarding his presidency, but I dont see how a few more years or not in Indonesia as a young US citizen changes any valid arguments as to his legitimacy as POTUS???

P.S. Just quoting the bloke who supplied the kindergarten photo...

Truthfully, I didn't even remember that Barack Obama was in my class at Noelani until that 1966-1967 kindergarten class photo surfaced, showing Barack and me in it," Inoue said. "Then my mother found the picture of the two of us together in third grade, in 1969. Otherwise, I probably would never have remembered."

And...

No explanation

Inoue told WND he doesn't remember how long Obama was at Noelani Elementary in 1969.

"I'm not sure he was there the whole year. I just don't remember. It was a long time ago, and my memory that far back is not very clear," he said.

Still, Inoue is convinced the photo is authentic and the handwriting is his mother's, written in 1969.

"That's my mother's handwriting at the bottom of the photo," Inoue said. "She wrote that inscription at the bottom of the photo in 1969, at the time the photo was taken."

He doubted his mother would have been mistaken.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

What is the true story?? Why the cloak of secrecy for a man who holds the highest authority in our nation?

Well noticed and researched.

To me the only answer that makes any sense is that both Obama and his mom were and are intel, some ingredient in the ABC soup.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This thread is for anyone who has conducted any research on the life and times of Obama.

Jibeho ... this thread should really be for those who haven't bothered to look inot the life and times of Obama. Education, such as this, is the way to enlighten minds and free the zombie obamatrons (if there are any left).

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was just wondering....

Who writes their autobiography at such an early age? Seems like he must have thought a lot of himself in 1995.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

LOL !!!

That is the exact same thing I thought when i read that.

He must have known his role in this planets life,HUH? Just amazing 1995???

Who in the Hell , has any clue, their role in the world well enough to write a bio at age , What? ? 34

Really ?? I mean Really ??...Oh wait ..unless you have already been told your history LOL

It truly seems that this whole political world, Is directed and scripted like ,,a world viewed movie/soap opera,, to keep us happy , we all seem to need something to idolize,(( sports,movie stars,singers,queens,princes,ect.ect.ect.))

They (TPTB) tell us all to buy what they buy , believe what they believe, wear what they wear,ect.ect, yada yada,.

Because that is what funds all their sponsor/endorsers( Big corp) .If the economy starts to fall ,time to rewrite the script with new actors, because the masses dont believe the hokey movie, we see on the MSM,so we dont buy the sponsor/endorsers products hence economy falling.

But then we have the new actors/directors,(political party) undoing what was done , so the new movie (political party )can move forward in production, so all the new scripts take for ever to get written in,..then its time for a new whole movie to be made(new political term begins,8 years ), so nothing ever gets finished , just a bunch of 3/4 done movies collecting dust on the shelves ..LOL

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I bet you every canidate will get the: Sarah Palin Treatment

Yes, the evil media will play ACTUAL clips of her speaking and offer televised debates in order for the American citizenry to see for themselves that she is a velcro strap short of a full parka. Treatment indeed.

Can you say Sharon Angle or Christine O'Donnell, who were they?

As far as OP, I stopped taking it serious at wnd.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yep.

Like good old Obama is dealing with a complete deck. Anyone in serious politics is a little screwy-that's why we aren't there (one of the reasons

Give the choice of the two-and prior to what we all know now about him, I'll take a Palin anyday.

I'm done following the so-called smart ones. The brighest of America politics. God-it that is true-we're screwed.

The (so-called) smart ones hard their turn.

Time to give the (so-called) stupid ones a chance.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Do you care to explain the big "AHA...GOTCHA" significance of this?

We have two stories...one he moved to indonesia when he was 2 years old (old AP story)

One he moved to indonesia when he was 6 years old.

Both say he moved back when he was 10 years old.

Can you tell me exactly what you think little 2 year old barrack was doing that was so vile and evil that he has decided to create this elaborate cover story to hide his experiences while he was a little child?

I'm just curious.

On a sidenote: I LOVE when this happens...you guys don't believe the media....unless it tells you what you want to hear. So the media in 1990 was 100% correct...the media today are liars. LOL.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jibeho

Do you care to explain the big "AHA...GOTCHA" significance of this?

We have two stories...one he moved to indonesia when he was 2 years old (old AP story)

One he moved to indonesia when he was 6 years old.

Both say he moved back when he was 10 years old.

Can you tell me exactly what you think little 2 year old barrack was doing that was so vile and evil that he has decided to create this elaborate cover story to hide his experiences while he was a little child?

I'm just curious.

On a sidenote: I LOVE when this happens...you guys don't believe the media....unless it tells you what you want to hear. So the media in 1990 was 100% correct...the media today are liars. LOL.

Funny, I never claimed this was a GOTCHA moment. You were just hoping someone would say that. This is simply a matter of clearing the air. Facts are Facts once again. Which story are we expected to believe, the pre 1995 story or the post "Dreams..." story??

Actually, its two stories vs. the official tale. The AP story claims he was Indonesia for 8 years and the NY Times story claims 6 years. The official Nativity story states he was there for 4 years.

How could such a simple fact of one's life be full of so many contradictions? Will someone please share the truth?

As far as your media ploy goes, these are old stories. The Obama politician and subsequent spin surrounding him had not fully started at this time. These articles were written to profile the first Black President of Harvard Law Review. An appointment that was highly controversial back then.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
WHo knows what to believe.. so many stories and inconsistencies. HE also makes a point of =being vague.. what does he expect? In any case, he hasnt performed very well as a president adn definitely hasnt held to his campaign promises. I wonder if anyone believes him anymore given the fact that he said promises made on the campaign and what you do are 2 different things.

Bottom line is that he hasnt performed and isnt behaving in a manner that a president should in a "war time". WIth no other evidence than that it should be obivous to all ( obama lovers and haters) that he must not be allowed to be reelected. Duh.

Im not real comfortable with ANY of our choices so far with who may be the leader of our country. Both dems and repubs are corrupt, have strayed from their party roots, and are ALL compromised. I hope that at least ONE candidate from some party... the 2 leads or a 3rd or 4th can figure out a plan that can be floated to the public. A viable plan anyway. Hopefully people will get their heads out of the clouds and see the difference between a viable course of action for this country and a stupid feel good campaign promise that appeals to their inner idiot. Obama had things to say we can ALL agree with and that we ALL want, but even the most surface thoughts or investigation should have told the average Joe that it was impossible.

He is a liar, just like EVERY politician. Look at them like I look at my 17 yr old daughter.. yeah, I really want to believe her and her words sound great.. but I better listen to that nagging BS detector thats sounding every time she opens her mouth.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

what a sad day that you have to add in *not a birther thread* to your thread title!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

""Now if they had lead me to believe he was not born in Hawaii then that may have been an issue as regarding his presidency, but I dont see how a few more years or not in Indonesia as a young US citizen changes any valid arguments as to his legitimacy as POTUS??? ""

You see thats the problem. You can't be a young US citizen when you become a citizen of Indonesia. He Lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia. Hence he is not able to become US President at that point. Its not like the state of Isreal where you can have duel citizenship.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So what is your point OP? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? I'm looking for the conspiracy theory here.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeasantRebellion
So what is your point OP? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? I'm looking for the conspiracy theory here.

Welcome Back to ATS!!
No need to explain the OP any further. Just pointing out facts that contradict the official Obama story. Check the conspiracy forums if that is what you are looking for.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfowarriorCarson
You see thats the problem. You can't be a young US citizen when you become a citizen of Indonesia. He Lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia. Hence he is not able to become US President at that point. Its not like the state of Isreal where you can have duel citizenship.

I am sorry but I cannot find anything anywhere to confirm the above statement to even be remotely true. Can you please elaborate, with sources?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So an article from 1990 claims a different year to which Obama left for Indonesia? I don't believe for a second that every article about Barack Obama will be factually accurate, I doubt there was ever a president that was documented accurately. This article just highlights the reality of the fact. In addition to that I do not see what difference it will make whether Obama arrived to Indonesia in 1963 or 1965, it makes absolutely no difference. He would still have been ineligible for Indonesian citizenship on the grounds that a minor cannot give up his or her US citizenship.

We have contradicting statements from Michelle on multiple occasions, contradicting articles,

Nobody asked Michelle whether Obama was born in Kenya or not. A passing comment made by her regarding obama's "home country" does not equate to her claiming Obama was born in Kenya. It's about context and unless you or anybody else asked her in person where Obama was born and she stated such, there is no such statement of her claiming Obama's birth there.

Now we have stories about Obama becoming unhinged/punchy

I heard 2 years ago that Obama was, how shall I quote it, "sweating bullets over the eligibility issue"
Really now, bluffing ain't getting nowhere.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well I think it's plain curiosity, he is the President ya know and more of his life is sealed than unsealed..
Someone will want to know his history some day and it would be good if the history book were acurate..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join