It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter From a Gaza War Criminal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

This is a letter from a soldier who served in the IDF during Cast Lead. He is outraged over the "war criminal list" and probably rightly so. He makes some excellant points that need to be considered. Every IDF soldier of course is not a war criminal. In fact, only a very small percentage committed war crimes and of course those soldiers need to be brought to justice. But we should not lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of those that were a part of that war were honorably serving their country. He correctly points out that rockets were landing daily in Sedoret prior to the war. He fails to note that during the cease fire no rockets were fired by Hamas and Hamas for was adhereing to the cease fire agreement. It was in fact Israel that broke the cease fire by entering Gaza and killing a few Hamas operatives. Thats when the rockets started coming, in retaliation. .
He notes the effort invested in bringing food into Gaza but fails to understand the the Israeli government has held the people of Gaza to a near starvation diet for two years prior to the operation. He mentions the concern over a broken water pipe . I am certain there have been many occasions where Israelis of conscience have somehow made the lives of Gazans a little more tolerable and they are to be commended. I have always believed that the people of Israel are for the most part, good and caring people.
Unfortunately, as in every war, war crimes are committed, and so it was with Cast Lead. A soldier was just convicted for using a child as a "human sheild", a war crime. His punishment was a demotion and a suspended sentence. The Goldstone Report lists numerous war crimes committed by both sides during Cast Lead. All of these crimes need a careful investigation by unbiased third parties to determine the verascity of the charges, indict the wrong doers, and put them on trial. I believe there will be less then 200 but they must be punished.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

To argue, every Al-Qaeda member is not a terrorist.

There is something called Karma, everything the US and Israel accused others of wrongly, will come back to haunt them, trust me, the same happened with Nazis.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Depends, whether or not they wear a uniform, conceal their intentions and weapons and avoid hurting civilians.

One is a terrorist, the other is just the enemy.

reply to post by gem_man

S&F
edit on 22-11-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have an idea, lets throw away the Geneva convention treaties, because IDF soldiers think, that during times of war, innocent children being used as human shields is okay.

No mercy shall be spared upon the civilian populace!

/sarcasm
edit on 23-11-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

I have an idea, let's throw you in a war zone, have you watch your friends die and get injured, be in constant fear of someone shooting from a roof top, or some civilian suddenly pulling an AK and shooting you and your friends down, and then see how rationally you think and behave.

Nah, but I'm sure that's where they wanted to be, and that's what they wanted to do. Haven't you heard? All Israelis are crazy militants..

/sarcasm

top topics

join