It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Solution for Militant Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by Danbones

they need to start with controlling the media and demanding programming or making their own which sways the people to British favor or patriotism... The fantasy of wrestling control from their government is a long way away, they have had their balls cut off already.

start with the media...
edit on 22-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

Sounds about right.

Sure that was more or less where both Hitler and Stalin started.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

yeah, I have to agree with Freeborn....
there is a thread about these little can openers called p 38s
everyone was like yeah
I have 10
I got twenty
I gottem everywhere
best thing since sliced bread

what we need are GOOD ideas that people might want to choose.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've hardly seen anything to suggest that militant Islam is a problem in the UK.

With the obvious exception of the 7th of July terrorist attacks, then I have yet to see too many incidents of Islamic extremism in the UK.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

reply to post by Danbones

they need to start with controlling the media and demanding programming or making their own which sways the people to British favor or patriotism... The fantasy of wrestling control from their government is a long way away, they have had their balls cut off already.

start with the media...

Sounds about right.

Sure that was more or less where both Hitler and Stalin started.

yes this is what you get when the populace is not in control of the media, and we all know TPTB are the corporate sponsors already... I don't necessarily agree with Freeborn because the Hitlers and Stalin's already have control of their medias... It needs to be returned to public opinion and be an open media by the people for the people.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I've hardly seen anything to suggest that militant Islam is a problem in the UK.

With the obvious exception of the 7th of July terrorist attacks, then I have yet to see too many incidents of Islamic extremism in the UK.

CIA tracking 4000 UK terror suspects

THE CIA has begun an unprecedented intelligence-gathering operation in Britain to help MI5 monitor 4000 terrorist suspects.

More than four out of 10 CIA operations to prevent attacks on US soil are now conducted against targets in Britain. www.newcriminologist.com...

How about the Muslim population increasing at 10 times the native population!? - leading to a Muslim majority within 50 yrs!

How about muslims being way over-represented in the criminal population, especially surprising seeing as how they are all supposedly so pious!

How about the widespread heroin dealing and grooming of young white girls for prostitution, numerous honour killings, credit fraud, whole areas of cities as no-go areas for whites - but then you won't find anything about this on the BBC.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

THE CIA has begun an unprecedented intelligence-gathering operation in Britain to help MI5 monitor 4000 terrorist suspects.

More than four out of 10 CIA operations to prevent attacks on US soil are now conducted against targets in Britain. www.newcriminologist.com...

How about the Muslim population increasing at 10 times the native population!? - leading to a Muslim majority within 50 yrs!

How about muslims being way over-represented in the criminal population, especially surprising seeing as how they are all supposedly so pious!

How about the widespread heroin dealing and grooming of young white girls for prostitution, numerous honour killings, credit fraud, whole areas of cities as no-go areas for whites - but then you won't find anything about this on the BBC.

I've been living in London for over 5 years now...and not once did I have any problems with Muslims that were religiously motivated apart from the isolated terror attacks by some lunatics. The vast majority of Muslims is completely peaceful, and crazy extremists exist everywhere. Last summer we had a white British guy touring parts of Britain with his rifle killing a ton of people...there's idiots present in all races/religions.

As for cultures spreading out, that's called globalization...and you might not like it, but you can't really stop it unless you wanna turn the US into Iran, Saudi Arabia, or North Korea.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
According to the Guy who was running the drills
that were exactly the same as the terror attack
the muslims didn't do it.
which is my point in all this.
everybody bein played

It only took the one time the sas were caught in Iraq doin it
dressed like Iaqis to prove that thats the way it is.
divided we fall...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

As for cultures spreading out, that's called globalization...and you might not like it, but you can't really stop it unless you wanna turn the US into Iran, Saudi Arabia, or North Korea.

Maybe that's the point, we don't but quite a few Muslims do!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Maybe that's the point, we don't but quite a few Muslims do!

Yeah, but as someone who's been all over the Middle East (incl. Saudi Arabia, etc.) I can say that those "quite a few Muslims" are the tiny minority. They're like the Christian fundamentalists in the US, totally bat# crazy...but they represent an insane minority. Just like not all Christians are burning korans, being hateful against anyone not sharing their viewpoints, rejecting science by saying the world is only 6000 years old and evolution is wrong. They're a tiny crazy minority and we're giving them way too much attention. The best course of action is to ignore those village idiots.

Too often the media and some people try to pretend it's "all Muslims" or the majority...that's not the reality!!

No one's arguing that extremists who commit terrorism should be handled with satin gloves...they belong in jail, simple as that. But letting the government take away all the freedoms in the process is WRONG! Grouping all Muslims into the extremism category is WRONG!!

edit on 22-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yes leave them amongst you whilst they hate you to the death, try going to Saudi Arabia they will not even allow you in their Holy city unless you are muslim... The signs are there for all to see. There are those who are seriously mistaken if you think these militant Islam's are going to adhere to some tree-hugging fantasy of globalization ! It may seem right in the eyes of the civilized world but the cruel nature of reality is they have aeon's to go before they are ready... what they are ready to do is something far worse and they are already doing it... Britons need kahoonas which were whacked off sometime long before WWII when the Americans came to bail their snobby arse's out. So I guess they expect the United States to do it again for them...

I tell you what, we will help Britain if they teach the freaking Canadian's to be respectful... spreading their jealous drivel all over the net. But least they still have their balls...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

We will NEVER need America to support us.

We raised the call in '39 you didn't come till '42 when you were forced to.
Prior to that you quite happy profiteering from the war and the deaths of millions.

With our staunch and steadfast allies from Canada, Australia and New Zealand we had stemmed the tide and would have won through, it would just have taken longer.

Just remember who you always need to watch your backs whenever you enter any military confrontation because the next time I very much doubt we'll be so willing.

And quite frankly your record without us is appalling;
a stunning and glorious victory against the highly regarded military might of Grenada and need I mention the outstading success that was Vietnam?

I hate to disrespect the memory of any US serviceman who served our died in any of the conflicts mentioned, they were brave and honourable men and I have the utmost respect for them.
But you have displayed such ignorance and arrogance that some sort of response and attempt at mentioning the facts was necessary.

Fortunately I have met enough American's, both in real life and in places like ATS, to know that you are not representative of all American's and that both your ignorance and arrogance is a result of the insular society you find yourself in and which discourages gaining a rounded world view and promotes the American vision and pipedream constantly.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah, but as someone who's been all over the Middle East (incl. Saudi Arabia, etc.) I can say that those "quite a few Muslims" are the tiny minority.

I see - so the TV fortune teller being executed for witchcraft in Saudi is the victim of the tiny crazy minority who just happen to be running the judicial system!

Or maybe the mother of five in Pakistan due to be hanged for allegedly criticising Islam - was equally unlucky, how about the young girl in Iran due to be stoned to death - or is it hanging now?

Fact is: as the Prime minister of Turkey recently pointed out - there is no 'moderate Islam' Islam is the Koran, period - it matters not a whit what so called moderates want - they are not in charge and do not have scripture to back them up - which is why you never hear them protest at the so called 'extremists'

The whole strategy for the conquest and colonisation of the West is the 'boil the frog slowly' tactic - which is why they and thier apologists are so keen to play the 'tiny minority of extremist' card and keep a low profile until they are the majority.

Muslims are compelled by the Koran to conquer the entire world for Islam at the point of a sword - and that is exactly what they have been attempting to do since thier inception.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I am glad I could incite now take it out there and do something about it, there is too much pacifism going on over there right now... I do not want to see Britain fall, this is just a rally to get you Brits to be patriotic and maybe even dare I say to become Christians again instead of spreading this Atheist junk along with your Canadian allies... You unity is in Christ have you forgotten ?

We love you Britain and we are mad too at what is going on...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn:

We will NEVER need America to support us.

We raised the call in '39 you didn't come till '42 when you were forced to.

I think this had something to do with building ships, training our troops and massing our weaponry... yes quite simply we were not ready, not to mention our leaders had to convince the populace to support you after what we went through during the revolution.

but one things for darn sure, we rallied for you bigtime.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

yes leave them amongst you whilst they hate you to the death, try going to Saudi Arabia they will not even allow you in their Holy city unless you are muslim... The signs are there for all to see. There are those who are seriously mistaken if you think these militant Islam's are going to adhere to some tree-hugging fantasy of globalization ! It may seem right in the eyes of the civilized world but the cruel nature of reality is they have aeon's to go before they are ready... what they are ready to do is something far worse and they are already doing it... Britons need kahoonas which were whacked off sometime long before WWII when the Americans came to bail their snobby arse's out. So I guess they expect the United States to do it again for them...

I tell you what, we will help Britain if they teach the freaking Canadian's to be respectful... spreading their jealous drivel all over the net. But least they still have their balls...

If they all hate us like you claim, I should be dead. I spent 2 weeks in Jeddah (just 50km from Makkah) during Ramadan, and I far as I could tell, I was the only foreigner there. I am 6.2, blond, and not a Muslim...yet when I went to the market at 2:30am (life happens at night during Ramadan) walking around in slippers and shorts everyone was friendly. Some random Saudi family helped me translate a few things when was bartering with a gold seller, and they ended up inviting me for dinner. I'd never met them before, and even when they found out I am agnostic (obv religion came up) the continued to be very friendly. I saw them again in London right before Ramadan started this year when they visited family...went out for dinner, and guess what, they still didn't kill me!

I also drove a motorbike from Riahd to Jeddah through the desert and met a lot of locals. Not a single one treated me badly, on the contrary. They all seemed very curious and talkative. The same in Dubai/Abu Dhabi, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, and Bahrain, and Oman. I spent countless business trips down there, and not once was I attacked or spat on.

You are ranting about Muslims as if they're all extremists...way to go, generalizing a whole people based on the actions of a small minority. According to your logic, all Christians are uneducated bigots who believe the world is only 6000 years old and evolution is wrong...just because a small minority of Christian fundamentalists are bat# crazy. A small extremist minority acts like assholes, that's all...sadly sometimes that minority is sometimes the government. Most people in Iran hate the government, but are scared to death because they know if they speak up they'll get tortured and killed.

The actions of a government not always represents the majority of a population. When the US secretly infected Guatemalans with STDs to check out the effects...do you believe the majority of the US population would have stood behind that decision? Of course not!! And people talking about executions in Saudi Arabia shouldn't forget that the US has a death penalty too. I don't agree with Sharia law, but it's their country and they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm other countries. Just like you are allowed to do things that aren't allowed in other countries. They have the same right to taking care of their own country without you running around waving your patriotic dick around while judging everyone based on YOUR principles.

It's called tolerance...look it up

Cliff notes: You don't know what you're talking about son.

Anyway, back to topic:

A major solution would be to be more tolerant towards others and less judgemental. Stop demonizing an entire people based on the actions of a minority. Don't invade countries because a minority poses a threat, you are antagonizing an entire people by doing so. If I'm not a terrorist, but live in Iraq...and a US missile hit my house by accident, killing my entire family...guess which organization I'd join to get revenge!

I'm all for hunting extremists down, but not at the expense of freedom of liberties of not only my people (Patriot act), but also all others (Iraqi, Afghan, etc.). We can't allow to become the very thing we try to fight against.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just rubbed my eyes...am I seeing this correctly...a thread asking for solutions?

One of the solutions is to make more threads (that is: News, Media, Discussion, Plans) that are Solution-Oriented. By making this thread you are part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Another sensible thing to do is to determine what percentage of Islam is militant enough to be violent. If we get the percentage right, we can advertise that and deny ignorance. Is it 0.001%? Is it 10%? Huge difference. I dont know the answer to that.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

''Suspects'' being the key word here.

We don't know how many of these are actually a serious threat.

Considering how the word ''terrorist'' is thrown about like confetti in the US, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people had done little more than post a YouTube video or two.

People aren't genetically ''Muslim''. In 50 years time, many of these descendants will be secular or irreligious.

The Muslim population in the UK are largely descendants of immigrants from South Asia.

Considering they come from poorer areas of the world, they largely migrated to working class areas in Britain, a social class with a higher representation in the prison population.

I would suggest that the higher prison population is largely down to socio-economic factors, rather than religious.

Heroin dealing, pimping and credit fraud are hardly the sole preserve of Muslims, now is it ?

You get people involved in these activities who happen to be Muslim, just as get people involved who happen to belong to other groups.

Which parts of cities are no-go areas ? There aren't any no-go areas in my city.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just to further prove my point:

Since when did the freedom and liberties take a backseat in the US? Last I checked they're right, and the US is a secular (as per constitution) nation.

Until we don't change our behavior and stop being ignorant fear-mongering bigots, how can we expect others to do the same?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

the solution of "fight fire with fire" could be adopted or "live by the sword die by the sword"

but that would be perceived as harsh and intolerant, surely unacceptable... but that's what the Islam's are doing now and no one can speak out against them without fear of retribution specially in Britain where the freedom of speech laws protect only the supposed minority, I just don't understand how this works...

we have a clear picture of what militant Islam wants for the UK and the world just by youtube alone, they are telling you openly so why on earth are British police arresting their own patriots, this makes absolutely no sense.

www.youtube.com...

Dudes if you assaulted an officer in USA it would not be looking like this that is for sure, but what are they going to do even when all they have are nightsticks ? I have seen some really bad stuff compared to this just on youtube.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join