It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Sea Kings of the world devastated right after Jerusalem was annihalated by the Romans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Great Sea Kings of Mu(Asia/Pacific), Atlantis(Americas/Caribbean), and the Mycenaens of Greece(Miditerranean) were all devastated by a common cataclysm. The Bronze Age flourished with these Great Empires. They traded routinely across the globe with their great fleet of ships. But in one terrifying moment, they were lost under the sea that they dominated. Their governmental seats were lost by the sinking of the land masses they sat on. Once regulation was lost by these controlling powers, the surviving fringes of their powers, that still remain above ground, fell to the hand of chaos and disorder. What caused these land masses to sink? It was obviously the result of an asteroid impacting in several places over the globe. The force impact into the ocean beds caused disruption in the plate tectonics which caused an unsettling effect to the nearby geography. The impactors all over the globe, along with the erupting volcanoes, which were set off the tectonic disruption, produced a darkening sky.
Now opens the start of the Dark Age, so to speak. The sky eventually cleared up but a new order faced the world to come.

So from the bibical account it can be summed up this way,(this is the first phase)

Mathew 24

And you shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that you not be troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom(Mycenaens and Atlantians).
When you therefore see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whose readeth, let him understand
(the Roman armies coming near Jerusalem to overthrow it.)
Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains( the converted Jews to Christianity.)
Immediately, after the tribulation of those days(fleeing out of Judea) shall the sun be darkened, and the moon not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven(the asteroids), and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Maya mythology speaks this,

And the Thirteen gods were seized by the Nine gods. And a fiery rain fell, and ashes fell, and rocks and trees fell down. And the Thirteen gods were seized and their heads were cut off, and their faces were slapped, and they were spat out, and weights were placed upon their shoulders.
And their Great Serpent was ravished from the heavens, together with the rattles of its tail and also with their quetzal feathers...
And their skin and pieces of their bones fell here upon the earth. And then their heart hid itself, because the Thirteen gods did not wish to leave their heart and seed.
And they were buried on the sandy shores, in sea-waves. And then, in one watery blow, came the waters. And when the Great Serpent was ravished, the sky fell down and the dry land sank. Then Four gods, the Four Bacab, destroyed everything...

It so happens that the ruins recently found in the depths of the Cuban waters (down 2200ft) have two interesting features inscribed upon them. One is mentioned as being crossed shape ovals and the other is hyroglyphics that look Greek but not Greek. Were the Mycenaens of the Mediterranean and the Atlantians of the Americas keeping the ties of communication open?

The hyroglyphs are not made public yet.

Sources of many details with my personal twist are as follows:

King James Bible
Andrew Collins-Gateway to Atlantis
Earthfiles.com by Linda Moulton Howe

[edit on 1-7-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oh crap...

Lets roll lots of events, real, and imaginary, over 1000's of years together and builld a conspiracy out of it. Not even a good story...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
If Byrd doesn't respond soon I'll assume she died laughing. In the mean time, I'll relieve you of this notion.

Originally posted by lostinspace
The Great Sea Kings of Mu(Asia/Pacific), Atlantis(Americas/Caribbean), and the Mycenaens of Greece(Miditerranean) were all devastated by a common cataclysm.

The Mycenaens were invaded from the North according to many theories, and there is evidence suggesting they had anticipated an invasion by sea. They may have had some serious civil problems as well. They weren't taken down by a natural disaster. This happened between 1600 and 1100 BC, whic puts them FAR from the Atlantean date of 9500BC as given by Plato.
www.ancient-world.com...

The Bronze Age flourished with these Great Empires. They traded routinely across the globe with their great fleet of ships.

Is it believable that extensive sea travel developed at an early point in history? Yes. Could Egypt and Greece have been in contact with other civilizations? Yes. Would I be quick to call them Great Empires (with capital letters no less) and assume that they had huge fleets and booming trade? -EMPHATIC- No, until I see evidence. I look for it actively by the way, but so far I haven't found anything indicated huge levels of trade between ancient civilizations and unknown ones. Show me large quantites of south american jade in egypt. Show me coins from the mediterranean in parts of the world where they dont belong. Show me the tomb inscription of the pharoh who saw these glorious empires crumble. I want to believe, so show me.

Once regulation was lost by these controlling powers, the surviving fringes of their powers, that still remain above ground, fell to the hand of chaos and disorder.

Gone without a trace? When the romans abandoned the isle of Britain they left behind a network of roads, and someone who knew how to run an army and exploit those roads. (the basis of king arthur perhaps) They were a major barrier to the invasion that followed Romes withdrawl. So... where are the Atlantean roads, and what deeds can we attribute to the survivors?

What caused these land masses to sink? It was obviously the result of an asteroid impacting in several places over the globe. The force impact into the ocean beds caused disruption in the plate tectonics which caused an unsettling effect to the nearby geography. The impactors all over the globe, along with the erupting volcanoes, which were set off the tectonic disruption, produced a darkening sky.

No, but we do have some lovely parting gifts for you, taken from the "Atlantis sunk by a meteor" thread.

originally posted by Byrd
No.

Do you know how they capture bullets to test for firing marks (to see if the bullet comes from the suspected "murder weapon")? They fire the gun into a tank of water. The bullet hits the water, velocity gets drastically reduced, and you get an undamaged bullet and it doesn't shoot a hole in the tank of water.

So... you get a big meteorite landing in the middle of the ocean. Water buffers it and slows it down (and actually, since it's coming in red-hot, it would shatter it into a lot of small pieces... and if you don't believe me, heat up some rocks and drop them into water (stand VERY far away when you do this!!))

Minimal effect.

Now opens the start of the Dark Age, so to speak. The sky eventually cleared up but a new order faced the world to come.

The order was never broken. Egypt was still there for example. I don't have a timeline handy, but I'm pretty sure Babylonia was doing fine. The only ones who had something bad happen to them were the Trojans and the Myceneans, and one theory has it that the same group of people caused both of these little "misfortunes".

So from the bibical account it can be summed up this way,(this is the first phase)

Mathew 24...

Mathew 24 is a prophecy given by Jesus about the time of his return. It was given somewhere between 0 and 33AD, so it has nothing to do with the fall of the Myceneans.

Maya mythology speaks this,

I've got a myth where I don't want to put my foot up your @$$, but you know how myths are.

It so happens that the ruins recently found in the depths of the Cuban waters (down 2200ft) have two interesting features inscribed upon them. One is mentioned as being crossed shape ovals and the other is hyroglyphics that look Greek but not Greek. Were the Mycenaens of the Mediterranean and the Atlantians of the Americas keeping the ties of communication open?

What was Atlantis doing in America instead of in the Atlantic? Why weren't the Mycenaens using greek? How did you find anything 2200 feet underwater? Who went and got it? How could this have been readable after 3600 years under the ocean (or longer?) Why haven't these been releaed yet? Why is the sky blue? Why would you put your own twist on something that's already too twisted for reality TV? Why won't my ex sleep with me? I want answers!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Someone's been in the sauce again.....

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The Great Sea Kings of Mu(Asia/Pacific), Atlantis(Americas/Caribbean), and the Mycenaens of Greece(Miditerranean) were all devastated by a common cataclysm. The Bronze Age flourished with these Great Empires. They traded routinely across the globe with their great fleet of ships.

And left no record/artifacts of their trade? How... unusual. Most trading civilizations are easily traceable.

But in one terrifying moment, they were lost under the sea that they dominated. Their governmental seats were lost by the sinking of the land masses they sat on.

I've looked out the window and I'm pretty sure that Texas hasn't sunk, and niether has the rest of the United States. I think that the Pacific rim civilizations are still there, and last I heard, Mycenea and the Euboea mountain are still above sea level:
www.culture.gr...

Once regulation was lost by these controlling powers, the surviving fringes of their powers, that still remain above ground, fell to the hand of chaos and disorder.

I'm trying very hard to be good and not start chanting, "one ring to rule them all...."

What caused these land masses to sink?

I'm dying to know since they're all above ground. Still. Including Texas.

It was obviously the result of an asteroid impacting in several places over the globe. The force impact into the ocean beds caused disruption in the plate tectonics which caused an unsettling effect to the nearby geography.

A small asteroid entering the earth's atmosphere would probably break up and explode and do no damage. A Block O Cosmic Rock large enough to do the amount of damage you hypothesize still isn't big enough to do any changes to the plate tectonics.

If you smacked the Earth with the Moon, then yes, you'd get disruption.

The impactors all over the globe, along with the erupting volcanoes, which were set off the tectonic disruption, produced a darkening sky.

Hollywood has a LOT ot answer for....

Mathew 24: And you shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that you not be troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom(Mycenaens and Atlantians).

Hello? Reality check? Did you notice that Matt says "these things must come to pass" -- they haven't happened yet.

Matthew was written in 70AD or thereabouts. netministries.org...

This was hardly the Dark Ages of any account or the end of the Dark Ages. Egypt depended on lots and lots of sunlight and they'd have written if something happened to the sun. ("Dear Ra. Somebody's been messing around with the Sun. Please have Bast and Horus and Sekhmet go retrieve it. Love, Khufu.")

There were a lot of civilizations around the world, they were literate, they left written records... some of which we can easily read.Nobody mentions continents going missing, trading partners going missing, devastation, huge fireballs in the sky (Mycenea... the middle of Greece. You'd think the flourishing Roman civilization mighta noticed that one of their main areas went missing. ("FLAVIUS! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MYCENEA??? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO PUT YOUR CONTINENTS BACK AFTER YOU PLAY WITH THEM???!!!")

When you therefore see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whose readeth, let him understand
(the Roman armies coming near Jerusalem to overthrow it.)
Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains( the converted Jews to Christianity.)

So you're saying that Matthew says when the Jews see the Romans coming they should immediately convert to Christianity? Really? Given the bad rap that the Early Christians had and the relatively good reputation that the Jews had?

Y'know, I think the advice probably means what it says... "if some goober whacks Jerusalem, everyone in Judea better head for the hills and don't let them catch you."

Immediately, after the tribulation of those days(fleeing out of Judea) shall the sun be darkened, and the moon not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven(the asteroids), and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Erf. Stars aren't asteroids. Asteroids aren't stars. And the Temple was destroyed in the Jewish-Roman war of 66-70 AD www.livius.org... when writing was common and wide areas of the world were civilized.

You'd think they'd notice something little like a lot of ash from the darkened skies falling down on them for many days. Furthermore, you'd expect to find the layer of ash all over the world (as it is with the meteorite that helped wipe out the dinosaurs.)

There's no ash. You can trot out into your backyard and dig and confirm this (you'll need a hole about 6 feet deep, depending where you live.)

Your source, whoever it is, is making a real ash of themselves.

And the Thirteen gods were seized by the Nine gods. And a fiery rain fell, and ashes fell, and rocks and trees fell down. And the Thirteen gods were seized and their heads were cut off, and their faces were slapped, and they were spat out, and weights were placed upon their shoulders.

Jolly intriging, given that originally there were three creator gods in Mayan mythology, followed by seven creator gods and then thirteen creator gods. Nine isn't a particularly sacred number to the Mayans, something that the Source-Who-Is-Making-An-Ash-Of-Themselves doesn't know.

And their Great Serpent was ravished from the heavens, together with the rattles of its tail and also with their quetzal feathers...
And their skin and pieces of their bones fell here upon the earth. And then their heart hid itself, because the Thirteen gods did not wish to leave their heart and seed.
And they were buried on the sandy shores, in sea-waves. And then, in one watery blow, came the waters. And when the Great Serpent was ravished, the sky fell down and the dry land sank. Then Four gods, the Four Bacab, destroyed everything...

Ah, I love the smell of Mixed Metaphors in the morning.

Quezalcoatl was Aztec: weber.ucsd.edu...

The Bacab, the Sons of the Jaguar, are Mayan

Pictures? Sources? Or is this just something that came from some nutty website?

The hyroglyphs are not made public yet.

Oh, I'll bet they aren't! You see, Greeks never wrote in hieroglyphics and by the time of this suggested disaster, the Egyptians were writing in coptic script. "Greek hieroglyphics", indeed....

Sources of many details with my personal twist are as follows:

King James Bible
Andrew Collins-Gateway to Atlantis
Earthfiles.com by Linda Moulton Howe

Might I instead recommend Wikipedia and the wealth of resources mentioned in this web page: www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Can't we use a little imagination to put the pieces of the puzzel together?

I was just trying to see what people would think about the connection between what Jesus said about the conclusion of the system of things, for early Christians, and the sudden end of the Bronze Age (Ice Age.)

I know that these dates are considered to be far removed from each other, where Jerusalem fell to the Romans in 70 A. D. and the end of the Bronze Age around 1200 B. C.

I don't know much about the history of the Mycenaens or Trojans and their eventual down fall, but thought I would add them to this fancyful theory to make it more global.

Earthfiles does mention the ending of these civilizations around 1200 B. C., but includes Mu, the fabled continent in the the Pacific, as being possible contemporaries with the Trojans and Mycenaens.
The lengends of Lemuria must have some sort of truth hidden within their sayings. That's the reason why we're here speculating.
Also, isn't it true that there are sunken ruins off the coast of Japan?

I know we're all still arguing about if Atlantis ever existed. (Heck, I could have cared less a few years ago.) But once I starting researching the amazing ruins of the Mayans, Aztecs, Toltecs and others, I couldn't but help notice there might be a distortion in the account of Plato and that he was describing the early people who inhabited Mexico and South America.

Remember the Aztec people found the city Teotihuacan already built by an earlier civilization. They were so impressed by the architecture that they assumed god's built it. Hence the translation of Teotihuacan being, "city of the gods."

With regards to an asteroid or comet impact to devistate Atlantis, I am referring to the theory of the Carolina Bays being a result of the blast as stated in Andrew Collins' book, Gateway to Atlantis. Its more believable that a large hot asteroid blasted to pieces over the Atlantic Ocean and sprayed out over the east coast, instead of it impacting the sea floor and cracking the earth's crust.

As for the recent findings in the Caribbean (off the western tip of Cuba), I am completely honest that they are sound discoveries. There were subtle news reports around 2001 by many news sites. The discoveries were dismissed by many as works of nature. The original discoverers decided to do further investigation at the expense of their own. They could not get National Geographic support because of the embargo restrictions put on Cuba. The road network system of this civilization may be at the bottom of the Caribbean. Keep looking for updates on this. This development surrounding these sunken ruins has been slow for some strange reason.
Then there is the Bimini Roads and the sunken caves of the Bahamas that contains stalagtites and stalagmites, of which cannot be formed underwater.

Just wanted to add that the phrase, "stars fall from heaven" could be better understood by the common folk as, "Look mommy. A shooting star." We all know what it really was.

[edit on 2-7-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I read a comment on Earthfiles.com that the figure Plato used 10,500 years could have been Lunar instead of Solar. It was an Egyptian Priest who told Solon the legend, who in turn told it to Plato. It was said that the sacred religious accounts within the Egyptian temple were all based on the Lunar cycle. Then the Trojan and Atlantian legends may be related in the stream of time.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's easy to see how someone just reading all this information from these different sources might come to the theory you proposed, Lostinspace. However, just reading and gluing together information is not enough. I don't think you understand what you read. I say this mainly because of your reference to Matthew 24. Regardless of when it was written or who wrote it (Because Matthew the apostle/tax collector didn't), this chapter is prophetic, meaning it's predicting something. The end of sea kingdoms? HAH...no. It's predicting the second coming of christ and the apocolypse.
But nice try.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I read a comment on Earthfiles.com that the figure Plato used 10,500 years could have been Luna instead of Solar. It was an Egyptian Priest who told Solon the legend, who in turn told it to Plato. It was said that the sacred religious accounts within the Egyptian temple were all based on the Lunar cycle. Then the Trojan and Atlantian legends may be related in the stream of time.

Plato didn't use any numeric figure.

There are no other "legends of Atlantis" -- not because they were lost in time, but because Plato made it up. It's as fictional as Hogwarts.

Troy had vanished, yes, but there were other legends AND there were plays and other art indicating that Troy existed. There's no Atlantean pots, writing, art. No other civilization mentions a trading partner that suddenly vanished.

The only "information" about it other than from Plato is information that has been "channeled" from someone. This means they dreamed of it.

Now, I dream of a good many strange things (including last night that we acquired another cat, who had a crippled leg.) In other dreams, I have dreamed very consistantly of a world that was similar to ours; a world so detailed that I can draw you maps of the continents and the cities.

Does that make it a reality? In my dreams, I fly through the skies in something like a space shuttle. But to take this dream as a "lost memory" or a "visit to a distant planet" would be fantasy, unless there ws hardcore proof that it was real (such as my fingerprints etched into a very ancient artifact or aliens showing up at the White House, asking for me and bringing pictures of my "world.")

The "channeled" information is easily overturned. It should be taken with a huge tanker-load of salt.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately, an internet explorer error just killed a massive post with plots of details, so now you're getting the readers digest version.

Check out Atlantis on Wikipedia, or if you are really interested, read Plato's Critias. He gives the date as 9000 years before his own time. Roughly 9400BC.

However, there are several details which pull Atlantis closer to 1200 BC.
1. Atlantis was supposed to hold sway over Gades, originally called Gadir, which was supposedly named for the Atlantean king Gaderius. It also means gates in Phoenecian. I find it interesting that there is a meaningful word in Phoenecian so similiar to the name of an Atlantean figure, and who was supposedly the father of a Phoenecian city.
2. The mythical king Theseus is the mythical founder of the Panathenaea, which thanks Athena for saving Athens from the nation of Poseidon (which Atlantis is according to Plato). Theseus' son was one of the men concealed in the Trojan horse. This brings the two wars into the same time period. (a period of fratricidal wars between Greek city states).
3. Euphemus, son of Poseidon, is on the Argo in the story of Jason and the Argonauts. They are Minyans, and the Minyan inhabitants of ancient Greece lasted till about 1500 BC. This is only slightly ahead of the time given for another of Poseidon's sons, Theseus. If a constant time-frame for the myths surrounding Poseidon can be established late in the 2nd millenium BC, then Troy would also have to fall into that timeframe.
4. Atlantis supposedly faced a Greek coalition in battle, as did Troy. It is believed that there was a series of fratricidal wars in ancient Greece around 1200 BC (and that these wars are remembered as raids by the Sea People). Atlantis would fit the pattern well, with the minor exception that nobody remembers where Atlantis was, unlike the other cities. (Atlantis wouldn't be the only to become lost though. Urgarit was never again inhabited after falling victim to the Sea People, specifically the phillistines, and was re-discovered in the 19th century if memory serves.)

Sunk? Maybe not. Nobody could have missed a disasted sufficient to destroy a continent anywhere around 1200BC. Byrd has already made that case well. That aspect (like the inclusion of the flood, which obviously didn't happen in 1200 BC) may be borrowed from another story. Plato seems to be delivering a very confused history of ancient Greece in the midst of an illustration which was never meant as a history at all. He was debating phillosophy, and the illustration in some way was opposing an expected arguement regarding the Gods. This arguement is not included in Critias because only part of the work exists. If the whole were read, we would likely find that Atlantis was a hasty and half-accurate scenario drawn up to illustrate a point about the nature of the Gods. Any doubt as to the illustrative nature of the Atlantis account can be defeated by actually reading the preamble to the story itself in the dialogue Critias. I forget which character gives it, but a quick glance will make it obvious to the reader.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Sorry. I take the part back that the Sea Kings came to an end around 70 A. D. The time period is too late. After careful concideration I finally took note that if one is to speculate a relation to the biblical account, the best characters, of that time, would be either Joshua(fall of Jerico and the Sun stood still) or King Solomon (remember the riches he aquired was no match to that of any ruler before or after him). I rather think the time of King Solomon makes for an interesting story because of the reference to the "Ships of Tarshish." Anyway, this would have to be started in a new post.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm gonna see if I can buy a Bible Concordance at a reasonable price so I can keep up with all this stuff. I never heard of any ships of Tarshish or whatever, but I've heard plenty of stuff I can't back up about the extent of Hebrew sea power and commerce.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
2 Chronicles 9: 21

"For the King's ships went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram: every three years once came the ships of Tarshish bringing gold, and silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks."

Notice how long its takes to get another shipment from that region. -3 years.

Need to start another "new posting topic" on this subject!

[edit on 15-7-2004 by lostinspace]

[edit on 15-7-2004 by lostinspace]

new topics

top topics

join