It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There are also uncanny similiarties with Joseph from the old Testament, and Jesus of the New.

Here is a list of Historians that lived during the alledged time of Jesus.

Aulus Perseus Columelia Dio Chrysostom Justus of Tiberius Livy Lucanus Lucius Florus Petronius Phaedrus Philo Judaeus Phlegon Pliny The Elder Plutarch Pomponius Mela Rufus Curtius Quintillian Quintus Curtius Seneca Silius Italicus Statius Caelicius Theon of Smyrna Valerius Fiaccus Valerius Maximus

How many of these well known historians who lived during Jesus' assumed life time, even mention Jesus'? Not a single one.

Defenders of the Historical Jesus quote 3 Famous Historians having to of mentioned Jesus Christ in scripture, these scriptures are very vague, and do not mention Jesus, but only " Christus, Christ, " Which isn't name, but a title, meaning " The Anointed. "

The 4th source cited, is from Josephus, which has been proved to be a forgery for 100's of years..

This is the sort of information that has me doubting....

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The word "Exist" decodes to be "Jesus Jesus".

See the websites listed in my Profile.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

I feel you are correct as the Carpenter people refer to as Jesus of Nazareth today is and was Not The Christ.
What you said about the Christ is Correct, as the Name given as "Christ" is a state of Office and Not a persons name.

However I think you will find reports of a person who evaded the Roman sensus, did in fact go round talking about the Christ, but sadly today Roman doctrine mixes these two together, claiming them to be one and the same, just as they claim A’Dam and MAN to be one and the Same.

In the Case of A’Dam and MAN in the Genesis the titles given…

a. A’Dam was the title for the Primate.
And
b. MAN was the title for the Soul.

So it also the Case regarding these titles in the N.T

a. The "Christ" is The First Born or only Begotten of The Father which is The LIGHT of Men or The LIFE of God.
b. “The Son of MAN” or sometimes more correctly “The MAN Child” Refers to The First Born Soul,
When returns to the Soul (each at a different time, hence No man knoweth the hour.) appears in the Centre of the Soul
When “The Son of MAN” has returned it is then referred to as “The MAN Child” (See in the Revelation of Jesus Christ.).
c. The "Son of God" refers to The Soul.

Now with regards to the "Carpenter", here is a part of an Ancient Christian writing called…

John’s Preaching of the GospelThe Acts of John 87-105 Verse 99. Quote;

99. This Cross then is that which has united ALL things by The WORD
and which has separated off what is Transitory and Inferior,
which has also Compacted ALL things into ONE.

But this is NOT that WOODEN CROSS which you shall see
when you go down from here;

nor am I the man who is on the Cross,

I whom now you do not see but only hear My Voice.

I was taken to be what I am NOT, I who am NOT
what for many others I was;
but what they will say of Me is mean and unworthy of Me.

Since then the Place of My Rest is neither to be seen nor told,
much more shall I, The Lord of this Place, be neither seen nor told.

The above shows the difference between the two. (The Carpenter on the wooden Cross and the Christ who talked of The Cross of LIGHT previously in the Writing.

The whole confusion comes about by the Roman Church and their offshoot denominations, teach falsely that the two are one and the same.

Remember these writings were written some time after the Carpenter and not by any of the desciples, in some cases perhaps 100 years later.

Yet the Desciples were reported to often write to each other or write in books and show the others.
But these books are not avaliable today... Why ???

But at the time these things occurred, is Not what is preached now.

I believe that the Carpenter spoke of The "Christ" and often The Christ spoke through The Carpenter.

The Christian writings which are around today, as well as the Roman collection referred to as the bible, do Not identify fully, who the disciples were, neither who the Carpenter Jesus was,
Yet at that Time the Romans had an annual Public sensus for taxation purposes, even mentioned in the writings so this being the case each person could be identified and if such a record existed to day then it should exist in Rome perhaps in the Vatican. If the Carpenters ID did exist I doubt that such would be released as it would bring up too many other questions, regarding the Carpenter after the Resurrection, and the other countries He went Eastward to, i.e. India and China. Remember the "Han" are in China and were mainly farmers.

The old Churches, Monasteries and Vatican still have the "Geometry" the Carpenter taught, in their buildings today but the Doctrine of Rome never teaches this. Why???

However the Chinese have this "Geometric Décor" in most of their public buildings and Government buildings today as well. Why ???

To find reference to Language and a very, very small fragment about this "Geometry" is recorded in…
The Infancy Gospel of Thomas” verse 6 Quote;

And he told Him all the Letters from Alpha to Omega clearly, with much questioning.

But He (Jesus) looked at Zacchaeus the teacher and said to him:

"How do you, who do not know the Alpha according to its nature,
teach others the Beta ?

Hypocrite, first if you know it, teach the Alpha,
and then we shall believe you concerning the Beta."

Then He (Jesus) began to question the teacher about the First Letter,
and he was unable to answer Him.

And in the hearing of many The Child said to Zacchaeus:

"Hear, teacher, the arrangement of the First Letter,
and pay heed to this, how it has Lines and a Middle Mark
which goes through the Pare of Lines which you see,

how these Lines converge, rise, turn in the dance,
Three Signs of the Same Kind,
( That is to say: of the Same Length )

subject to and supporting one another, of Equal proportions;
hear you have the lines of The Alpha."

Note in Verse 14. Quote;

and he took Him (Jesus) and handed Him over to another teacher.
And the teacher said to Joseph:
"FIRST I will teach Him GREEK,
and THEN HEBREW."
For the teacher knew The Child's knowledge and was afraid of Him.

Why First Greek, and Not Hebrew or Latin ???

Well the Greek Language Fonts came from The ZIONic Language (the Language of the Soul) as did All Language Fonts and Glyphs.

edit on 25-11-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2010 by The Matrix Traveller because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The other thing is, how can the Genesis be the original writing, when Cretan Hieroglyphic was about BC 1652 to BC 1500, Linear A between BC 18th century to BC 1450 and Linear B BC1375 to BC 1200 ???
These are thought to be some of the first writings.

But the Genesis is meant to be about BC 4,000 to BC 3,000

The Original Genesis may have been in ZIONic but this can't be found on Earth today.
Although some can be back engineered.

So how accurate are these writings and what are they really about ???
Earthly things ?
Or to do with the History of The Soul, involving "The Metamorphoses of The Soul" ?
And The LIFE of God which is The LIGHT of Men ?

And Not a Carpenter..... But instead The "Christ" and "The MAN Child" or Son of MAN ?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by walman
You don't want to suffer the separation from your sinful ways in order to conform to the standards of God so your proposed solution is to try to invalidate His existence?

I for one would love to see proof of his existence because the idea of going to heaven & being with loved ones is a lot more attractive than rotting in the ground. But there needs to be proof. Blindly believing something like this pure insanity!

If you want evidence that you can weigh and measure and scrutinize with the tools of science then you will be denied it, because God resists the proud (those who are only willing to meet Him on their own terms).

If you want to know God you must have a desire in your heart to further know He whom much is written of. Get yourself a Bible and read the gospels (the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). They will reveal His character to you. If you are not rebellious in the end but wish to know Him further, and to serve Him as He alone is good, then appeal to Him in prayer (speak to Him in your heart, with reverence and hope, as to the unseen).

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Considering that Jesus' ministry was largely confined to a relatively unimportant area in a small corner of the Roman Empire, a surprising amount of information about Jesus can be drawn from secular historical sources. Some of the more important historical evidences of Jesus include the following:

The first-century Roman Tacitus, who is considered one of the more accurate historians of the ancient world, mentioned superstitious “Christians” (from Christus, which is Latin for Christ), who suffered under Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius. Suetonius, chief secretary to Emperor Hadrian, wrote that there was a man named Chrestus (or Christ) who lived during the first century (Annals 15.44).

Flavius Josephus is the most famous Jewish historian. In his Antiquities he refers to James, “the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ.” There is a controversial verse (18:3) that says, “Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was one who wrought surprising feats....He was [the] Christ...he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him.” One version reads, “At this time there was a wise man named Jesus. His conduct was good and [he] was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. But those who became his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion, and that he was alive; accordingly he was perhaps the Messiah, concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders.”

Julius Africanus quotes the historian Thallus in a discussion of the darkness which followed the crucifixion of Christ (Extant Writings, 18).

Pliny the Younger, in Letters 10:96, recorded early Christian worship practices including the fact that Christians worshiped Jesus as God and were very ethical, and he includes a reference to the love feast and Lord’s Supper.

The Babylonian Talmud (Sanhedrin 43a) confirms Jesus' crucifixion on the eve of Passover and the accusations against Christ of practicing sorcery and encouraging Jewish apostasy.

Lucian of Samosata was a second-century Greek writer who admits that Jesus was worshiped by Christians, introduced new teachings, and was crucified for them. He said that Jesus' teachings included the brotherhood of believers, the importance of conversion, and the importance of denying other gods. Christians lived according to Jesus’ laws, believed themselves to be immortal, and were characterized by contempt for death, voluntary self-devotion, and renunciation of material goods.

Mara Bar-Serapion confirms that Jesus was thought to be a wise and virtuous man, was considered by many to be the king of Israel, was put to death by the Jews, and lived on in the teachings of His followers.

Then we have all the Gnostic writings (The Gospel of Truth, The Apocryphon of John, The Gospel of Thomas, The Treatise on Resurrection, etc.) that all mention Jesus.

In fact, we can almost reconstruct the gospel just from early non-Christian sources: Jesus was called the Christ (Josephus), did “magic,” led Israel into new teachings, and was hanged on Passover for them (Babylonian Talmud) in Judea (Tacitus), but claimed to be God and would return (Eliezar), which his followers believed, worshipping Him as God (Pliny the Younger).

There is overwhelming evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ, both in secular and biblical history. Perhaps the greatest evidence that Jesus did exist is the fact that literally thousands of Christians in the first century A.D., including the twelve apostles, were willing to give their lives as martyrs for Jesus Christ. People will die for what they believe to be true, but no one will die for what they know to be a lie.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist
After countless threads being hijacks by Christians, I have decide to start a thread asking for proof that Jesus actually existed.
I don't need any leaps of faith, just facts, the same as with any thread on ATS.
For example, no one would get away with saying that UFO's exist because they have faith that they do, we all scream for evidence.
So, I would like to hear some of the real historical evidence on the existance of Jesus, then maybe we can either end the hijacking of threads, or all be able to convert to the one real religion.

If this has been done before, sorry.

Looking forward to the reply's.

all historians know he existed and is a real person from the 1st century. the debate is whether he was the son of god or not, and did all these miraculous things or not. that's what you should be asking

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi Guys! As my first post i would like to read you the book i have in my library
" A search for the Historical Jesus" from Apocryphal, Buddhist, Islamic, and Sanskrit Sources,
By Professor Fida Hassnain.

I do not know what the 15 pages are talking about here.....but i feel like maybe this is some new information?

From what i remember, the book claims the untold years of Jesus were spent traveling the world of eastern philosophy, something covered up by western leaders, to try and downplay the bridge between Eastern and Western Religion. He became a Buddhist master in Tibet, and something about the Essenes actually being secret buddhists living in Israel.

the rest you will have to read or google yourself : )

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I really believe he did exist, but was only a man like the rest of us. The kolbrin bible has a little bit of information on him and also claims that he was just a man. He was hung on the cross but did not rise from the dead and the rest of it.

I recommend the Kolbrin if you have not read it. A good insight about the past from a different angle without the fairytale to go with it in some parts. He is in the book of Britain which is the last book.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
youtube did jesus exist by chris white

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
youtube did jesus exist by chris white

Why do we need to YouTube? No serious scholar denies Jesus Christ existed, in fact, there is more contemporary documentation of Jesus Christ than there is for Alexander the Great. The first piece of written testimony about Alexander appears 400 years after the man's death.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join