It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Jesus existed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Basically faith or not, I got it do you?
2nd

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousanonymous

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

I'll give you a very simple "proof" that Jesus did in fact, exist. - That proof is time itself.

"Dictionary definition : A.D.

An abbreviation used with a date, indicating how many years have passed since the birth of Jesus. The abbreviation may appear before the date (a.d. 1988), or it may appear after the date (1988 a.d.). It stands for anno Domini, a Latin phrase meaning “in the year of our Lord.”"

So - In other words, to relate to your thread, since the beginning of our calender - when it was decided to start counting the years they (The Romans) have based the starting point from the birth of Jesus. - If Jesus did not indeed exist - there would be people saying, "Emm, hang on a minute - We're counting from the birth of who?" - and it would not have been accepted - but it HAS been accepted - so therefore - Jesus must have existed.

For the record, I'm agnostic.

For the record, you're a something

The gregorian calender started in 1582 and is a bit more complex than your description.

So did they just pluck 1582 out of thin air?

Ah yes, I see, they all sat around a table and said.. "Right throw some numbers at me guys! Yeah!! Yeahhh!! THAT'S IT!! YEAH!! 1390!! 2479!!! Ohh yeahh.. 1582!! Yeah, that sounds good, we'll start at 1582 baby!"

Are you for real?
1582 years after the alleged incarnation of Christ, hardly eye witness accounting is it?
And by the head of the catholic church, who have a vested interest in Jesus being real.
Like I said, real evidence please, not just the first thing that pops into your sarcastic head.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'll give you a very simple "proof" that Jesus did in fact, exist. - That proof is time itself.

"Dictionary definition : A.D.

An abbreviation used with a date, indicating how many years have passed since the birth of Jesus. The abbreviation may appear before the date (a.d. 1988), or it may appear after the date (1988 a.d.). It stands for anno Domini, a Latin phrase meaning “in the year of our Lord.”"

So - In other words, to relate to your thread, since the beginning of our calender - when it was decided to start counting the years they (The Romans) have based the starting point from the birth of Jesus. - If Jesus did not indeed exist - there would be people saying, "Emm, hang on a minute - We're counting from the birth of who?" - and it would not have been accepted - but it HAS been accepted - so therefore - Jesus must have existed.

For the record, I'm agnostic.

For the record, you're a something

The gregorian calender started in 1582 and is a bit more complex than your description.

So did they just pluck 1582 out of thin air?

Ah yes, I see, they all sat around a table and said.. "Right throw some numbers at me guys! Yeah!! Yeahhh!! THAT'S IT!! YEAH!! 1390!! 2479!!! Ohh yeahh.. 1582!! Yeah, that sounds good, we'll start at 1582 baby!"

Are you for real?
1582 years after the alleged incarnation of Christ, hardly eye witness accounting is it?
And by the head of the catholic church, who have a vested interest in Jesus being real.
Like I said, real evidence please, not just the first thing that pops into your sarcastic head.

Well why don't you answer why did they pick 1582?

Hang on there!! Don't jump in just yet buddy -

- because I'll tell you - the Gregorian Calender may have started in 1582 - but the fact is - we've been counting in years since 1 A.D. - that's where the number 1582 came from.. Because we've already been counting.

We've been counting from an apparent "event" - and that event was as the dictionary definition says - the birth of Jesus.

Like it or not - the guy existed. Was he the son of God? Who knows?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousanonymous

My god, you're right!
Thank you for all the scientific and historical evidence anyone could ever wish for.
Again, thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by anonymousanonymous

My god, you're right!
Thank you for all the scientific and historical evidence anyone could ever wish for.
Again, thank you.

Any time! - I'm glad you have now seen the light.
Mathematics never lies.

You sarcastic schmuck you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

edit on 22/11/10 by NonKonphormist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

Isn't the proof of Jesus existing as good as any other historical figure having existed? There are NO eyewitness reports on ANYTHING dating back more then a hundred years.

When it comes to eyewitness testimonials for Jesus, the books of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John (New Testament) exists. If you consider the bible itself as a historical record, someone could very well use it as a reference point. The New Testament can give you names, locations, and events. It is a very good starting point.

Since the original poster is looking for more in depth research, he or she could use the bible to do keyword searches in a public or college library.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Watch this. It might not help but please give it a shot.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wheres the Proof that Muhammad even existed?

Since i am getting pretty sick and tired of these anti Jesus or anti Christians threads i asked this question in this thread rather then making a new thread and, loosen the anti christian threads nonsense up please.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
After reading the first 20 responses, it's clear to me that nobody has any proof he actually existed. The myth of Jesus is the most damaging example of hero worship in the history of mankind. Worship a magical Jew on a cross who you think will come back to life periodically and see how far that gets you. Religion is all evil hero worship, causing social inequality and scapegoating. Ernest Becker wrote a book called "Escape From Evil" in which he details the infinite faults of religion. Read it, and never go to church again.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OP can you prove to us that George Washington existed ? Come on now ,we won't except paintings or words written on paper as that doesn't equal evidence ! Get the point I'm making . Firstly Jesus Christ is a title not a name .Reasearch a individual born Benjamin joseph .

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I certainly don't care if Jesus's existance is ever proven. Anybody who is worshiping a box of bones is nuts. We worship the idea, not the carcass.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Religion doesn't need to be taught in science class, fine. It does have its place, however. There are "experts" in the field. the same respect we give scientists, is the same respect we should give religious scholars, this is really the point I was trying to make. You don't have to apologize to me, I am no troll and so don't expect me to flame you for your remarks, they just are.

I still stand by my original statements.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

As an agnostic, I have to question the motivations for this thread and others like it.

First, there is no definitive "proof" of anything. Only evidence backed up by other evidence. Proof is a conclusion. What on earth is there definitive conclusions of? Not much.

So, either the OP is looking for an argument or he is questioning his own faith. Religious or not. Never a bad thing to do so, but if you are truthful with yourself in your pursuit of the truth then you will be open to all ideas and not stuck on rejecting one over the other.

Religious beliefs are just that... beliefs. Beliefs based on faith. Faith doesn't require proof or even evidence. Though there is evidence for the existence of a Jesus figure, I doubt you would be open to examining it with an unbias attitude. That is probably your first problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

It's funny how many of you would claim all we have of Washington and Hitler is pictures/photos and books on the two. What about records of the person being born or their records in the military? That's proof! Evidence. I don't see any records for Jesus.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

NOBODY can convince you that Jesus exists. You've already made up your mind on that.

LOL LOL This a comment from a desperate person who has nothing. You were got good and proper by the OP. What the OP is is alluding to is historical data such as birth records or some source (other than the bible), government or court record. I believe all organised religions are BOGUS but at least Islam can prove Mohamed did actually exist! But then again Mohamed said Jesus existed so they believe he did!. Believe what you want to believe but still looking for the proof.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Jesus (abbreviated name) preferred to write with symbols in the sand for the 'meaning' of it all.
He did not believe in the 'word' of man to express the truth of which is mostly 'unseen' with the naked eye.
He claimed his messages were from above.
"I" believe him.
Jesus was known to have trecked to India and back on his mission/discovery as a 'spirit in the flesh'.

Jesus didn't believe in deifying the flesh therefor never claimed to be a God, nevertheless had the 'spirit' of God within him on his journey 'in the flesh' and therefor was deified by the people. It was the 'message' that counts, not the container it came from. If 'this' makes sense, it's most likely Of it.

A God, Creator can take the form of 'any' being for any purpose and for any period of time.
The 'essence' of a spirit, the tapping into the cosmic truth ^above^ as one who has discovered a natural law via pure intellect coupled with the right signal/waves to access the Light, the torch of one's freedom, the discovery of one's 'place' in it all. To actualize one's creator given traits/skills/talents for all to know and experience.

When folks 'come together' as brethren, a collective sense of 'being' takes place, and one learns to discover another as a gift rather than a nemesis.
If a creator created a being, how better to know that being than to be in it's presence.

Proof, it's all around for the seAing, the knowing.
Physical proof is not necessary as there are no physical truths for the natural laws.
The most important natural laws of the universe/cosmos cannot be seen but by the creator 'given' intellect of man. Only mAn and some et folk (others having AI) were gifted with intellect as animals have only the senses, though even man has much to learn from the animal kingdom as with the rest of creation for the codes of all life and it's 'spArk' of creation are found in nature, the essence, of the CrEAtor.

Proof? I need no more proof.
When your 'glOwing' your in the right dimension (truth and love), if your not, your wrong as one dwelling in the shadows of ~time~ dis-connected from the love*n*light as stArbrIght.
This is the confirmation one seeks and the one that 'registers' within the very soul/spirit of the 'being' in God's 'image'.

This is all I have to say on the matter.
To know any natural law requires faith in the unseen.
Why should the logic be different for a Creator of which is 'unseen' as a spirit/soul (((((fOrce)))))

edit on 22-11-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
SMH the funny thing is when he shows up jaws will drop and SIDES WILL BE TAKEN.
Enjoy

Also who was it the Romans depicted as the messiah they killed. Since no proof exist. Many think he died for your sins but mistake that he could of destroyed this realm AND DIDNT BECAUSE HE SEEN THE FOOLISHNESS WITHIN IT and loved you all, just to have those he loved doubt his existance. SO HATERS CARRY ON AGAIN sides will be taken.
edit on 11/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

First, there is no definitive "proof"

The most sane post of the entire thread!. But it shows how far the indoctrination & brainwashing has got into the "believers" heads that they even attempt to defend something that cannot be proven! They got NOTHING!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by open_eyeballs

First, there is no definitive "proof"

The most sane post of the entire thread!. But it shows how far the indoctrination & brainwashing has got into the "believers" heads that they even attempt to defend something that cannot be proven! They got NOTHING!

The thing is if the Earth had a lol celestial event announced on global news that some unknown object was in collision course for Earth in 10 hours then you would all call your families gather and PRAY say you wont. Say it please. But when closed minds think they are safe, smh they ignore the Messiah and he knows. So again if you were in the face of a terrorist whatever and he or she or it was about to take you for food to be eatin alive but you seen it ignored all who were hmm WORTHY HUMBLE. Guess you would call upon his name to protect you then only cause you see they recognize him. human genes are very weak in many areas and this is 1. So I say enjoy batter his name AND DONT CRY FOR HIS HELP WHEN YA KNOW ITS TIME LOL PEACE AND GOODLUCK NON BELIEVERS OR GOATS..
edit on 11/22/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join