It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland is officially now in the pockets of the unelected Eurocrats! Is it part of the masterplan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sorry if this was already covered..
Before I start, this is not some crazy conspiracy idea of mine, I just thought I would put it out there to see what people opinions are..
As most peole are aware Ireland has now accepted a huge bail out from the European union.. I'm not sure of the exact figure but I've heard it could rise up to a total nearing 100 billion euros.. (around £85 million or approx 130 million dollars) 7.5 billion pounds will come from the uk, who are massively in debt and are already making major cutbacks, which will force thousands of people into unemployment.. Most of which will be in the public sector and include schools, health and even emergency services (massive cuts last week in the Manchester police force)
My point is, the European union will control how Ireland spend this money.. The people who will decide the fate of the Irish people will be unelected euro mp's which Already there have been many stories of their sordid affairs, massive corruption and general disregard for the common people.. How will this affect the Irish people?
With other countries in the eurozone in serious trouble including Greece, Spain and Italy, how will this affect those countries and the future of the European union?
If what happened in Ireland has a ripple effect and other countries start to wobble, then being bailed out by eu cash.. Where will that leave Europe? Will it be all pulled in and in effect become the equivalent of one huge country, similar to the USA or even worst the old soviet union.. All under the control of unelected mp's which is questionable that they have the interests of the normal people at heart..
With this scenario and so many cultural differences within the countries that make up the eu.. Europe could become a melting pot, and I can see trouble in the future..
Once again sorry if it's been covered, would just like to hear other peoles opinions on the matter..

edit on 22-11-2010 by Misterlondon because: Missed out a word in the title

edit on 22-11-2010 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I believe you're right, I have thought the whole economic crisis has been a set up from the start, pushing eventually to a one world currency etc.
When the UK is brought nearly to it's knees and the pound is next to worthless, we will have no choice but to adopt the euro when we are bailed out with it.
The world is rapidly changing around us, but i don't think we'll recognize it when their plans have reached their (sad) conclusion.

Adapt and survive.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Totally agree but the elected Irish Government has messed there economy up, not the Europeans. Britain is in a bad position, but so is Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy and numerous others. The UK has put measures in before it was totally on it's knee's unlike Ireland. Whether they are right or will make a difference remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Now it is said that Britain will also give a loan to Ireland.
uk.news.yahoo.com...

Does this tie into wanting total control of Ireland or some kind of other deal? (ie they wont pursue claims of Northern Ireland being theirs)
Also how have the UK got all this spare money?, We have just had some of the biggest cuts certainly in my history.
Are they trying to collapse the UK as well??

Regards

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

That's my point about the uk... Were broke already and the cuts and raises in tax are going to effect people like us in a big way...
Don't get me wrong, I love the Irish, both my parents are Irish.. But it's a case of them robbing Peter (us) to pay Paul (Ireland)
Maybe your right, after years of fighting over territory we are apparently best mates now...
Maybe this is a way to end fighting over the north?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I love how our government are saying we must support the Irish economy for the sake of our own.

So where does it stop?

They've been saying for years that this or that will help, and they have been wrong every time. Yet they keep following the same pattern of bailing out failed companies, banks and now states.
The definition of insanity - Performing the same actions repeatedly while expecting a different result.

The UK should NOT be assisting the Irish economy. They joined the euro, they failed. In a true capitalist system there are no bail outs, you rise and fall on your own.
But we all know we no longer live in a capitalist democratic system don't we?

We are in no position to be assisting any nation while our government is trying to tell us that we have to make cuts. Bring on the cust, but let Ireland sleep in the bed that it has made for itself.
If we don't start making such severe sacrifices now, the ultimate price will certainly be far, far higher.

It's time to stop, and to let the banks, businesses and nations fail. But this will not happen, because we have retarded politicians making these decisions in their best interests, not in the interests of the nations they are supposed to represent.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Ireland has no claim on Northern Ireland.

Amendments to The Constitution Of Ireland states the desire for 'the peaceful political unification of the island subject to the consent of the people of Northern Ireland.'

en.wikipedia.org...

As at least 75% of the population of Nothern Ireland desire to stay in the UK unification is not a realistic prospect.
In addition the majority of people on The Republic have long since stopped believing unifcation is a priority or even desirable, they just want to get on with their lives like the rest of us.

And the UK has no desire to annex or absorb The Republic, we are far too busy falling apart at the seams as it is!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Of course we should help Ireland if we can; despite what many may believe there are deep ties that bind and we should never forget that.

What sticks in the throat is the reasons why we musr bail out more banks and continue to support a system that I have little faith and belief in.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Irelands debt is tiny, absolutely insignifigant, they absolutely do not need a bailout. Other countries, countries offering this loan, owe trillions in debts.

there is no doubt that this is a shady seedy deal, the only question is whether it's simply politicians stuffing their pockets or an even more disturbing scheme to force a high interest loan on the country

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

'Are they trying to collapse the UK as well ? ' Absolutely, this whole mess is a controlled collapse, many years in the making. One morning we will awake to a WMF currency.

Here is a quick read if you wish, just insert UK where nesaary. Eight steps to ruin a country.

www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
European states are of course losing sovereignity somehow. When you sign a treaty and get one currency you're assuming you're going to have -in short- to converge.

In nowaday's circumstances EU countries are exposed to be audited or even "seized" in economical terms. The Republic of Ireland is now being seized to be fully operational and cooperative on the now highly popular PLEASE SUPPORT BANKRUPTED BANKS CAUSE using the savings of all-EU citizens.

Will loyal and law-abiding Irish people get some of this money? Not at all. Moreover, they will see their taxes from severe-to-extremely raised to pay interest from the money that has been transfered to the Banks above them completely out-of-reach.

edit on 23-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join