It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Speech to City Council about the TSA scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good evening. I've come to speak tonight about the TSA full body scanners and the "enhanced patdowns" that they have implemented in the airports throughout the country. I would first like to say that these, at their very core, are a gross and uncomprehensible invasion of privacy. When, in this country, did it become acceptable for a private company to demand to see their customers naked and poke and prod at them as if they were some sort of science experiment? I like my privacy and I will refuse to fly until these scanners are banned and the enhanced patdowns are remedied. And I know I'm not alone in this line of thinking. More and more people are becoming aware of this and are refusing to fly everyday. Is this really something that an already crippled airline industry wants to come up against? If people begin to refuse to fly, how can the airline industry stay viable? They can't. When the airline industry sees how badly these invasive procedures are hurting business they are going to pressure the feds to rewrite the legislation. So why even implement something that will likely be revoked anyway? Its foolish. That's why I'm here tonight.
As members of the council with the largest airport in the state you can say 'No'. You can make a stand and say enough is enough, we want our privacy and we will not give it up. When I heard about these machines a quote from the great Benjamin Franklin came to mind "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". Think about that for a minute. Should we, the people of the most powerful nation in the world, let the fear of terrorists turn our airports into outlets of borderline facism? I don't think so. If we let this fear do this to us, we're telling the terrorists that we're scared and that the mere thought of them allows us to throw common decency out the window. It allows us to strip search a 7 year old boy out in the open for everyone to see. It allows us to let the TSA make a pancreatic cancer patient urinate all over himself because they were too ignorant to the medical equipment hidden under his clothing. We are allowing these people to make a mockery of us and it is time to stand against this.
To quote the famous Mark Twain "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Now is the time to stand up for the timid and the meek, to stand up to an overstepping federal government who no longer operates in a constitutional manner. Now is the time to put party lines aside because this is not a Republican vs. Democrat matter, this is a matter of the people vs. a monster. A monster that was created by political apathy and complacency of a nation that has seen many decades good times. Now is the time to be a Patriot.

I would like comments, feedback and constructive criticism.. I'm addressing them tonight at the meeting that starts at 5pm. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Good evening. I've come to speak tonight about the TSA full body scanners and the "enhanced patdowns" that they have implemented in the airports throughout the country. I would first like to say that these, at their very core, are a gross and uncomprehensible1 invasion of privacy. When, in this country, did it become acceptable for a private company to demand to see their customers naked and poke and prod at them as if they were some sort of science experiment? 2 I like my privacy and I will refuse to fly until these scanners are banned and the enhanced patdowns are remedied. 3 And I know I'm not alone in this line of thinking. More and more people are becoming aware of this and are refusing to fly everyday. Is this really something that an already crippled airline industry wants to come up against? 4 If people begin to refuse to fly, how can the airline industry stay viable? They can't. When the airline industry sees how badly these invasive procedures are hurting business they are going to pressure the feds to rewrite the legislation. So why even implement something that will likely be revoked anyway? Its foolish. That's why I'm here tonight.
As members of the council with the largest airport in the state you can say 'No'. You can make a stand and say enough is enough, we want our privacy and we will not give it up. When I heard about these machines a quote from the great Benjamin Franklin came to mind "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". Think about that for a minute. Should we, the people of the most powerful nation in the world, let the fear of terrorists turn our airports into outlets of borderline facism? I don't think so. If we let this fear do this to us, we're telling the terrorists that we're scared and that the mere thought of them allows us to throw common decency out the window. It allows us to strip search a 7 year old boy out in the open for everyone to see. It allows us to let the TSA make a pancreatic cancer patient urinate all over himself because they were too ignorant to the medical equipment hidden under his clothing. We are allowing these people to make a mockery of us and it is time to stand against this.
To quote the famous Mark Twain "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Now is the time to stand up for the timid and the meek, to stand up to an overstepping federal government who no longer operates in a constitutional manner. Now is the time to put party lines aside because this is not a Republican vs. Democrat matter, this is a matter of the people vs. a monster. A monster that was created by political apathy and complacency of a nation that has seen many decades good times. Now is the time to be a Patriot.

I would like comments, feedback and constructive criticism.. I'm addressing them tonight at the meeting that starts at 5pm. Thank you.

1 ) incomprehensible = uncomprehensible Bad spelling but wait there's more... This is better stated!
To whom is it incomprehensible? Do you mean, rather, that it is Offensive to an average law abiding citizen?
Perhaps even illegal as stated in the 4th Constitutional Amendment?

2 ) Rhetorical Question assumes unanimous conclusion. Why ask? Make a statement instead.

3 ) Who cares what you want (nothing personal OP). Include statistics that prove "90%+ are with me". With attachments!

4 ) You are asking too many rhetorical questions assuming a unanimous conclusion!

Wow! I'll stop there... Gooooooooo Man Goooooooo

You are making/taking a stand.

If you haven't asked the question yet... ASK...

"What do you, as leaders (and lawmakers) expect to do about this extreme violation of our God Given right, as outlined in our great Constitution Of The United States, what action will you be taking?"

I might also ask, if they have the legal authority to do anything about it? Perhaps the Sheriff should be involved?

I'm pushing it ...

Edit to add:
No no no....
THANK YOU for making the appearance!

edit on 11·22·10 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
S&F Thanks for having the spine to stand up and put it in their faces. This is what America needs to DEFINE itself! People standing up and shouting DOWN the fascist molesters who have stepped so far beyond their assigned authority that they are molesting people in broad daylight, for all the world to see and disdain.

No. This AINT looking good on your résumé, Janet. Get your hands out of the little kids' pants, and get to work on the job we HIRED you to do.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm curious, is there any reported instance of a security guard just pausing, deliberating hard for a moment, turning around to his colleagues in the security deadzone and blurting out

This is WRONG!
and then walking off the job? Has that happened yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Good on you Ketzer22!
We need more citizen involvement and pressure on our government to act responsibly.
We have been apathetic and detached for far too long and we must assert our basic rights lest we lose them to nonsense such as what the TSA and Homeland Scrutiny would submit us to.

APPLAUSE!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback.. yea, this was a rough draft I wrote in like 20 minutes at like 3am this morning haha.. But I'm definitely going to be adding and editing today before the big meeting.. heading downtown to get my speaker slip here in a few

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'd be curious too to see how many TSA agents have walked off the job over this....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

you'd hope many.. if i were a TSA worker I would go on strike till something was done about this.. this is down right criminal

top topics

join