It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Down IGNORANCE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

So recently i got involved with someone that made me understand ignorance a bit further.
I am not going to beat around the bush so i will present a simple list of her belief system.

1, She; is a Christian.
2, Believes that GOD forgives his children no matter what acts they commit.
3, Believes GOD will forgive folks like Hitler despite their acts against humanity.
4, Believes that even after killing and asking for forgiveness, and killing again, GOD will
continue to forgive and allow you into his Kingdom even if you have wiped out a large percentage of the population. Keep in mind... all you have to do is acknowledge your mistakes
and believe in GOD in the moment you ask for your sins to be forgiven.

Alright, where to start...

She had no knowledge of what a pineal gland was...
She had no knowledge of fruits and vegetables that look like human organs...
She had no knowledge of how a human mind perceives information...
Her brother believes Astral Projection and Gnosticism is DEMONIC...
She doesn't care that the bible is missing a couple of what may be KEY
IMPORTANT chapters. She believes the information is enough to convince her
that everything is the way it should be here on Earth.

Keep in mind; she does not care that the same people who advertise the bible hide
information regarding her very own believe system. What does this tell you?

This is the type of mentality that is putting a halt in progression. I truly love this person
because she has helped me get my own life back into shape and I sincerely hope I can
open her eyes to the knowledge that has been kept from her since she was a child.

To those who will try and help others;
Talk about how the Crusade was backed up by Christianity and mention the thing
about Fruits and Vegetables looking like human body parts. This method is the most
effective. Listen, I believe in the same GOD she believes in, religion is just an opinion.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

"I truly love this person
because she has helped me get my own life back into shape"

Wow! With all your knowledge and prowess you had to rely on someone
who is ignorant however has tons of faith to get YOUR life back in order.
What does your logic tell you there

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I didn't want to continue going to college and she's really helping me out with that.
I didn't want to continue taking photo's and she's helping me out with that.
I didn't want to do anything else besides work in a restaurant that was breaking my back,
She made me realize i could be earning a living doing what I truly love.

Thanks for asking.

I am not perfect... neither is she. Human beings are meant to compliment each other and that is something i am learning more and more as the days go by. If we learn how to talk and communicate and teach each other then things could be better for everyone. Just because i have insight, does not mean i can help myself out of all my ego's. Sometimes people just need others to show them the way despite their religious views on life.

edit on 22-11-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If you truly love this person, ignore all the nonsense that she believe in and love her to your content. On the other hand, if you wanted to "open her eyes," as far as I've experienced.....she's a helpless type....thats mean no matter what you do she will not believe anything that other than her "god" and her "god's word"......by the way, I assume that you've already know that by trying to open her eyes might put your relationship with her at risk of termination.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
reply to post by Mr. D

I didn't want to continue going to college and she's really helping me out with that.
I didn't want to continue taking photo's and she's helping me out with that.
I didn't want to do anything else besides work in a restaurant that was breaking my back,
She made me realize i could be earning a living doing what I truly love.

Thanks for asking.

Logic and Faith..... sounds like you two were meant for each other. Good luck on
your mutual journey and stay together, you both could go far together.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
If you truly love this person, ignore all the nonsense that she believe in and love her to your content. On the other hand, if you wanted to "open her eyes," as far as I've experienced.....she's a helpless type....thats mean no matter what you do she will not believe anything that other than her "god" and her "god's word"......by the way, I assume that you've already know that by trying to open her eyes might put your relationship with her at risk of termination.

Despite her massive amount of ADD, she unlike others is really takes in what I have to say. When you speak to others in a way that makes them look at life in a scientific way, things inside them start to change. At one point she wondered why i must blend in religion with science and i told her that there was no other option. Life as we know it, since we were kids, it all revolves around science and mathematics, specifically geometry.

When I began to explain to her why others with deep pockets invest so much money into science, then she started realizing, "damn, i don't even have that amount of money, why would someone else care so much." Science is something that clashes with Christians for some reason... however, science is all around us.

One thing that should really break the conditioning is to pay attention to what a Social Engineer does. This is a job title that is too obvious to be ignored. She has put her faith in me, now i have put my faith in her. Its something mutual. We all lack in something that we need from others and we won't know we lack it till we come to our moment of realization. I don't know everything, and neither does she, but its that compliment that can help us both learn about the things we lack in knowledge.

Also, thanks Mr. D.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

She is a Christian - YES!

That is a very important thing to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

You are welcome.

new topics

top topics