It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico busts gang targeting climate summit: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – A gang of suspected kidnappers arrested by Mexican marines had detailed plans of security arrangements for next week's U.N. climate change talks in Cancun, Milenio newspaper reported Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Gangs in Mexico have a long history of drawing among the ranks of the Mexican military and Federal police. Along with that comes much of the intelligence necessary to pull off an operation like this. Had the Mexican Marines not had a heads up on the situation it may have turned out differently and the breaking news would have been horrific, perhaps even enough for US military involvement.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If i am not mistaken, i believe there is a command post already staffed with mexican and US personell somewhere outside of Mexio city.....Though ill be damned if i can remember where i saw it....but its there im sure.
The Zetas have been trained by the US army, and defected from the ranks of Mexican special forces to become the enforcers for a cartel, then they became a cartel in their own right.
Reports of savagery beyond mere murders have been widespread, and it apears their brand of terror puts Pol Pot and his bloody Khmyr Rouge to shame.
I can see where having this renegade force of organised and trained killers running loose could benefit an agency which may be trying to destabilise and influence a neighbouring goverment.
It would probably be fruitful to investigate any connections this gang may have to any foriegn intelligence agencies.......

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) – A gang of suspected kidnappers arrested by Mexican marines had detailed plans of security arrangements for next week's U.N. climate change talks in Cancun, Milenio newspaper reported Sunday.

These are the same exact creatures i was referring to in another post that wouldn't think twice about
kidnapping you and beheading you in the name of financial aid for their own families.
edit on 22-11-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

They wouldn't need foreign intelligence services. By all accounts, many of the more sophisticated cartels and gangs like Los Zetas are former or even current military. Gaining intelligence like this wouldn't be too difficult. What the Mexican government has failed to realize is that they really are at war here. They treat this whole situation like a political football to drive asinine policy in the US, and approach the cartel issue from an LE point of view. Sure, they use Marines here and there, but if they really want to do some damage they need to outright send in troops. These cartels are organized, they understand the value and use of intelligence, and they have the skills to act upon that intelligence.

What they NEVER talk about is how many of these cartel members are Mexican SPECIAL FORCES. Men trained much the same way as US Special Forces, but with profits and power in mind. Remember, the corruption in Mexican political affairs from top to bottom is prevalent. This includes their armed forces, who are more often than not paid a below standard wage for the risk they have to take. Drug trafficking and being a gun for hire is where the real money is, at least for now...They have other ambitions, but it is best to wait and see if they chose to move in the direction of those ambitions...What ever they may be.

new topics

top topics

join