It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase of trapped miners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the hot topic of today is mostly trapped miners?? chile, china, russia, and now new zealand. Im sure ive missed some countries.

Whats wrong with the earth to make a cause for the mines to collapse?

Why isnt there attention on the cause of the phenomenon?

Instead focussing more on the victims of the accident. Most happened within this year aswell. Increase of earthquakes is the culprit, but whats causing this?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I don't have anything to back this up, instead it's mere opinion on the topic you've provided but who said there was an increase of trapped miners as of late? Or some sort of phenomenon causing such a thing? Personally, all I've seen is more media coverage on the ones that have unfortunately occurred and with the success of the Chilean mine escape not long ago, surely you can understand why?

Now, If you can find some statistics saying there have been an increase of trapped miners lately please do show it but it seems, from where I am, it’s nothing but an illusion.

EDIT: This is a great example of how the media influences how we think as well.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

I don't have anything to back this up, instead it's mere opinion on the topic you've provided but who said there was an increase of trapped miners as of late? Or some sort of phenomenon causing such a thing? Personally, all I've seen is more media coverage on the ones that have unfortunately occurred and with the success of the Chilean mine escape not long ago, surely you can understand why?

Now, If you can find some statistics saying there have been an increase of trapped miners lately please do show it but it seems, from where I am, it’s nothing but an illusion.

EDIT: This is a great example of how the media influences how we think as well.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Hit the nail right on the head. This is the same reason for the "Increase in Earthquake frequency" everyone was harping on about the time that Haiti was hit.

The your mind has a subconscious reaction to the media.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There hasn't been an increase, it's just that reporting is more efficient and able to get more information out these days.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Hi, rab,

I think we have tragedy here in NZ - I think we have lost 29 miners.

But look on the bright side - these guys do not have to go through all the trials that we on earth have to go through - it might almost be a release!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I am not saying they did not suffer, and I am not saying that their familes will not suffer, I am just trying to look on the bright side, for them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Mother Earth is angry!

When the first men emerged from Her womb, She let them wound Her skin to plant their crops and dig their wells. This they were welcome to do, for they were Her children and She blessed them.

When they learnt the use of copper and lead and tin and iron, they dug deeper into Her flesh to find these useful things, of which they made ploughshares and swords and many wonderful objects besides. 'They are growing up,' said Gaia to Herself, and though these wounds pained Her more than the shallow scorings of the soil-tillers, still She was pleased to indulge Her children, and bore the pain with love.

Even when they hurt Her in their hunt for useless gauds--gold and precious stones--She bore the insult with Divine patience and grace.

But now it is gone too far. Everywhere, great holes and craters scar the Earth. Dikes have been raised out of the sea and canals divide earth from earth. Men have moved mountains in their greed. They swarm in their billions over their Mother's skin, like the microbes of some fell disease.

Now, at last, for Gaia, it is enough.

These men, whom She has taken again unto her womb in punishment for their temerity, are only the first of many victims. Soon the very Earth shall move, and gape, and swallow... and humankind shall vanish like the pox it is upon the skin of Earth.

Hear ye! Hear ye! The day of Gaia's wrath is at hand! All shall perish...

...either that, or you're getting your knickers in a twist about the sort of coincidence that happens, inevitably, sooner or later in a stochastic universe. Just relax and be thankful it isn't your husband or father under ground.

edit on 22/11/10 by Astyanax because: of perfectionism

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Hi Ast,

I would like to ask you why, if these things were provided, mother earth should care?

All of these things were provided for mankind, and if mankind abused them, mother earth suffered?

And why people die in mining disasters, and why people die from starvation, and why people die in warfare, and why people die from disease - I really do not know. Does mother earth care? NO!

So - I will take advantage of everything that the earth offers. There is no mother earth.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You just missed the point by quite a wide margin mate.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

Hi Delta.

Are you saying I missed the point?

I am just worried about those miners.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The entire post bar the last paragraph was sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

She was ranting.

We have lost 29 men.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

She was ranting.

We have lost 29 men.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Scamandrius uses the little boy's room.

He would like you to know that he wrote that post in protest against the unfeeling silliness of somebody who could use the deaths of 29 men to make up a stupid conspiracy allegation and post it on ATS.

'Increase of trapped miners'--faugh!

Have some respect, for heaven's sake.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

OK, WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING _ DROP DEAD RIGHT NOW _ WE HAVE LOST 29 BRAVE MEN

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I am sure their families will find that very comforting.....................

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Bottom line - underground mining is expensive and requires paying more workers. Strip mining and mountain top removal increase profits drastically. The mining corporations want to strip the earth for profit.
Whether this is increased reporting of collapses or they are induced collapses for political reasons doesn't matter.
If the public perceives that underground mining is unsafe then the mining interests can increase the amount of strip mining they do.
If our mother Earth is angry it wouldn't be the miners she would go after but the people who destroy mountains and everything downgrade from them in the watershed.

END MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL MINING NOW!

top topics

join