It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK's Secret Service Agents to Tell Their Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Article

On Saturday, Hill made his second trip to Dallas this year, this time to open up to the world. Hill was part of a panel assembled at The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza to discuss a new book and upcoming Discovery Channel documentary that tells the story of Nov. 22, 1963, from the eyes of the Secret Service detail.

"We decided to discuss among ourselves what happened," Hill said of a June gathering in Dallas to shoot the documentary, which will air Monday. "And that was the first time we agreed to do that or had been willing to do that. We had all kept silent for 47 years."

Blaine said it's hard for the public to understand why the agents never discussed details of that day until recently. Many agents threw themselves into the mental and physical grind of the job without considering how that day affected them, he said. There was no counseling at the time.

"We sat there and looked at the monitor and watched each other," he said. "I saw a couple of agents that I didn't think had even learned to cry. But they lost it."

The documentary should be interesting to see. 47 years is a pretty long time. The article goes on to talk about conspiracy theorists.

Chandler and other agents said they want this book and documentary to silence some conspiracy theorists.

"I'm hoping this might balance the story," Chandler said. "In truth, the story was never really told."

The book is titled "The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence." I havent read it yet, but plan to eventually. Im not sure what the Discovery Channel documentary will be titled yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

"We decided to discuss among ourselves what happened," Hill said of a June gathering in Dallas to shoot the documentary, which will air Monday. "And that was the first time we agreed to do that or had been willing to do that. We had all kept silent for 47 years."

Surely they would have spoken in great detail just after the fact..
Well that's usually how you investigate a murder..
I can't see how they would not have discussed it for 47 years...
They worked together, it's locker room talk...
But hey, sounds better for book sales if they didn't..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Not necessarily. There could be many reasons why they never discussed between themselves.
1. Were never put on the same duty again so they never had the chance to.
2. Were told to keep their silence.
3. Were ashamed of the outcome, and felt partially responsible.

He does state there was no counseling back then.

Not claiming to know....just throwing around some reasons.

new topics

join