It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooters' Security Guard Attacks Grandma, Grandma gets 7 months Jail! [CCTV]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Let's go back to the check charge she was disputing. Obviously something crooked is going on at Hooter's or they wouldn't have off duty police as security hired to strong arm their customers.

Maybe they are adding on bogus fees or "rounding up" your bill or some other such corporate thievery through their "store policy". It's just like other places, for instance Radio Shack, when they tell you an item can be returned within 10 days if it's not suitable for your needs. But then when you return it they charge a 25% --35% "restock fee" to simply put it back on the shelf.

What ever happened to "the customer is always right"?

If I were at Hooter's when such an outbreak occurred I would have been too upset seeing this to finish my meal. They obviously do not care about any of their customers to allow such an altercation in public. Manners, and working things out peaceably seem to be a thing of the past.

Hooters ALLOWED this; Hooter's ENCOURAGED this by allowing their customers to be bullied over disputable charges. Why did the cashier or manager not resolve this problem? Obviously Hooter's must be milking their customers in some way that has been premeditated. Why else would they need police officers to manhandle customers who dispute charges?

Stop supporting these kinds of places.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
That security officer used to much force and was using his authority in a bad manner. before he attacks her, he is allready pushing her against the counter with his body to show his authority.

That security guard should have 7 months instead.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Thank you for providing the unedited video tape, and it was carefully reviewed several times. Several comments can now be made. After careful review of the video as it stands, and I still would have liked to hear the entire audio tape, that will be explained in a bit, I can only say the woman is guilty of assault. Assault is often defined as the unwanted or unwarranted touch on the part of one individual against again. Yes the cop was wrong for getting into her face, but the moment she used her body to push him back, her hands to shove him and her daughter, it is assault, there is no doubt about that. There was a lot of tension going on between her and the cop. So there you have it, she is guilty of assault, as she laid hand on the cop first and did shove him back first.
The cop was wrong as he did get into her face, using an intimidation tactic, that it was wrong.
The reason for wanting to hear an audio, is that according to the report she gave, he made what seemed to be a racially charged remark, and that could have gone a long way in proving if she did indeed have provocation or not for her actions, and would explain the mitigating circumstances. As there is no audio, that part is just he said/she said. Too often these days, the race card is pulled and played, to either get a special benefit or to get out of trouble. If this is the case, then the audio would have proved that in court and it could have easily gotten her out of jail time. But there is no audio, so it can not be proved.
So there you have it, both are wrong, and in the eyes of the law and the jury, she was found guilty, as the question could be asked, what if in the process of her shoving either her daughter out of the way or the cop, one of them injured another person? What if it was a child or an elderly person, where the victim got injured?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I think you need to watch it one more time, he forcibly pressed his body against hers FIRST.

That is assault, she only defended herself! And the daughter too, she touched the Grandma first.

edit on 22-11-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Both were guilty of going overboard IMO. The woman obviously has anger issues and even her own daughter couldn't control her - her mother even pushed her out of the way. She wags her finger at people and if we could hear the audio I wouldn't be surprised to hear her being overly offensive and rude.
If you want to get something setttled like a bar bill you should be polite about it - you will have a much higher success rate.

RULE #1 - NEVER push a cop, on or off duty, even if they push you first.

Rule for cops - Never grab hair and push someone's head in that manner. I have severe neck injuries and if he had done that to me I would have been paralyzed for life. I would never had gotten myself into the confrontation in the first place but had I been attacked in that manner I would have had to fight for my life - better to be in jail for a year than paralyzed for life.
Cops never stop to consider if people might have physical issues when they make arrests. This is why I can't go to any kinds of protests anymore, we've all seen where bystanders get thrown to the ground by the cops when they start making mass arrests. I miss being able to attend protests, especially the G20

Nobody should have gone to jail over this and Hooters should get a rent-a-cop with a less aggressive attitude.

I hope she loses her suit. She doesn't deserve to have a life of luxury at the expense of the public

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I did watch it and again, as your request, I reviewed it again. At 15 seconds he is approaching, his arms are crossed against his chest, and get up to her. The movements are clear that the is neither calming or backing down, at 16 mark he brushes her, his arms brush her. He was keeping her in one place, as she was clearly showing anger and agression. Heated exchange and then she shoves him back with her body, followed by her arms. That is classic assult, and battery. She did the deed, the cop, is wrong for the bad taste and did not try to diffuse the situation.
But go beyond that and think for a moment. Lets say for the sake of argument, that you are a person, who has a college degree and have trained in the law, going in to an establishment where you know that they hire off duty police to be sercurity for there. Would you cause problems, or even continue to escalate the situation? Clearly she was angered and did not think, but funny how the staff, and the other patrons in this establishment all knew that the security guard was an off duty police officer. Even her own children were trying to difuse the situation, and yet this college educated person, chose to ignore the pleas and common sense of backing down and seeing what legal ramifications happen to be.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Looks to me like there are two idiots here. It's amazing how things can escalate when neither side will take a breath and calm down. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Not that it makes a lot of difference in my opinion, but take a moment and look at the vid starting at the 1:00 mark. I do think she spit at him. Right before he grabs her, her head thrusts in his direction and she immediately turns away. That's when he grabs her by the hair, and chaos ensues.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Unedited version..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, I see no proof in this video that she spit on him.
with all the pushing and shoving there is no way to tell
In any event IMHO a profesional staff would NOT allow the situation to escalate like that.
just like the mods here step in to defuse FIRST
( at least in my experience, and thank you for that
which is why they are the best staff on the internet.)
other wise you'ld have GLOP here

PS thats why In many class bars where I have worked we use a system that doesn't use bouncers,
the servers are responsible, and everyone works together
and we DON"T call the cops EVER
that reflects badly on the license.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I can tell you this. If some off duty or former cop grabbed my mom like that, I would've knocked his ass out....

I wouldn't care about any consequences. You jack with my mom and you are going to get beat...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
well I see no proof in this video that she spit on him.

Proof? No. Combined with his testimony and her body language, I think she did. I couldn't convict her for that specifically if I was on a jury and that was the extent of the evidence, since it isn't beyond a reasonable doubt to me. But my opinion is that it's very likely that's what happened.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Holy crap!!

That guy is scum! She turns around and he just attacks her. That was so not needed in anyway.

Seems like he was egging her on. Her past convictions have nothing to do with what he did. He went OVERBOAD and should lose his badge and be arrested for assault.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
I can tell you this. If some off duty or former cop grabbed my mom like that, I would've knocked his ass out....

Well,that's all well and good, but fortunately I have no frame of reference. Of all the things I can imagine my late, sainted mother doing, spitting on a cop in a Hooters isn't one of them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

yeah,
she may have spit on him, or sprayed him in conversation cause her false teeth came loose while shouting, etc
in any event his physical agression was not in self defence
and spit is not knuckles.

edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I completely agree. He was way wrong and totally inappropriate, if not criminal, in his actions. The guy has no business in any position of authority, or dealing with the public, much less both.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
[more
Don`t talk daft........
No-one.....I repeat , NO-ONE deserves what that thug done to her.
Americans seem to just accept the Gestapo style tactics that their police force have adopted.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
After reading the article and viewing the video there are several things that can be stated:
Some of the problems in cases like this, is the lack of audio, along with the fact that the video is editied in the report. It is hard to say who said what, that provoked this argument.

That's a very good point.

But I would be interested to see the full unedited video tape, that goes from start to finish, along with reading the transcripts from the court case as well. There had to be something there that convienced a judge and a jury that this woman was guilty.

As someone who has been on jury duty, I agree.

The fact that the lawyer is trying to sue, instead of getting the conviction overturned, also makes me wonder, why? After all would it not be prudent to take this up to the next higher court and get the conviction overturned

Speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
First off, the security guard made first contact. Tubby was in the wrong from that moment on.

Second, I dont care what the reasoning, he had no right to tough her like that. If it were my family member he treated like this they would be cleaning up the blood of that security guard after i slit his throat.

No matter what this woman did, the guard was out of control. He had no right to touch her in the first place, and definitely had no right to assault her.

This is the type of guy who gets jollies off of his perceived power. Guarantee this guy wouldnt have dont that to a man.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Two points -

Number 1:
She is guilty of POP (****ing Off Police). The officer knew exactly what he was doing. Instead of trying to diffuse the situation he took actions to provoke her further to give him an excuse to beat her and arrest her.

He knew just what to do to push her buttons enough to make her commit a crime - and he did it. I'm sure he's proud and sleeps like a baby - judging from the tape he seems that kind of guy.

It happens every day. POP is not a crime - but some officers will do everything in their power to turn it into the most serious offense they can.

Number 2:
The entire system is set up to be on the cops side. Typically a cop has to do something very, very, wrong for any type of action to be taken against them. So, no surprise it went the cop's way.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well for me it looks like hes calm at start...the women is in rage...she also push away the young girl (daughter? )

problem is the missing audio...for me it looks like she cant stop raging....

and she didnt stop...

sure the "cop" acted also wrong..

if you have a problem with the bill..call the shop manager or the police..(i mean the real police
)

for me it looks like they both act wrong

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Funny too see how much most of ATS'ers are already living in a police state and they've accepted it....

Pretty shocking to see a guy in a police uniform work in a private bar. Raises all sorts of questions.

- How is he allowed to work a private job as a uniformed officer ?
- How little does this cop make that he has to have 2 jobs ?
- Is a person capable working 2 shifts and still live ?
- Is it legal to work two shifts ?
- What kind of society allows this ?

The US seems rapidly turning into a corrupt Mexican border town only people are fatter....for now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join