It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sister wives television show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen this television show? I saw a small clip and read the article on wikipedia. I applaud this family for the show. This is what I talk about when I see a polygamy family. Since the issue with the Mormon church, women issues in the Middle East and so forth in North Korea. Since I'm not religious it's difficult for me to find an Atheist woman who is interested in polygamy. I believe polygamy works and should be legally. Since most men are married to woman state wise and the others are spiritual wives. Which I need to be religious to do that.

One day after the series debuted, Lehi police announced they were conducting a bigamy investigation into the family. The Utah Attorney General's office has not ruled out seeking criminal charges against the Browns, but stated they do not have the resources to go after polygamists who are not suspected of serious crimes such as child abuse or child trafficking.

Source
One thing is difficult for me is to explain in detail why I feel polygamy is for me and why I would like a polygamist family. Maybe some of you would agree with my and this family's lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi,

You should see the show. There aren't very many episodes, you can probably find them on HULU. Anyway I agree that poligamy, such as depicted in the show, should be legal. Just as gay marriage should be legal. It does, tho, open the door for further controversy.

For example, can I have a husband and a wife? Can I marry my husband's brother? It goes on and on.

In the show, they do show some of the emotional trama that goes on. SInce they are all consenting adults, the children don't have the trama that a divorce might bring. It's kinda funny, because these are 4 very strong women, who seem to have a sorta "sisterhood." The dad is the odd one out, with no real voice, just the bread winner.

We usually think of poligamy, like Brigam Young, and young children being gifted to some old fart. Woman are disrespected and loked upon like cows. This show gives a refreshing view of an alternate life syle.

Me personally, I don't get along with women who want to sleep with my man!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'm in California, and I just noticed ist on tonight, a new episode, at 10pm. It 9 now. DVR!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

Well I only saw a small clip. I have come to a new liking since I have my two older brothers in my home once in a while and both my parents. Long story short. I feel Polygamy is natural and I could see myself in a relationship with more then one woman and still giving each woman all of myself. Any relationship is difficult. Polygamy is just a couple for steps.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Wait! When did it become legal for men to have more then one wife at the same time? Gay people are not allowed to get married.

top topics

join