It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So let's say a large alien spacecraft hovers over a major city.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
...and this incident was being broadcasted in all news networks across the planet.

If your government told you that these ETs (And any humans that work with the ETs) are bad and should not be trusted, would you believe your government?

Now, let's say a few buildings explode over this major city. Now your government is not only saying that these ETs (And people who work with these ETs) should not be trusted, but that the ETs destroyed the buildings and the people in them. Would you still believe your government?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would probably just poop my pants and have a heart attack at the same time. But in seriousness I don't think I'd listen to the government at all. I think at that point the aliens would pretty much make it known if they were the good kind or the bad kind. Aaaannnnd I would be willing to be that any aliens that come down and start destroying buildings after hovering over a city are pretty bad. In fact, I'd be willing to bet most aliens that would come here are bad--at least to us. They probably see the way we treat our planet and our fellow man and think we are a bunch of evil savages. I'm terrified of aliens and I hate them. At the same time I cannot wait until their existence is proven and they make their presence known. It's kind of a love/hate thing I have going on with the aliens.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

Why would anyone believe them after they admit they've been lying to us for 60 or 70 years about the entire thing. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't care, I would leave if they were good or bad since there is going to be conflict anyway.
There would be riots and absolute panic.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

I don't think I mentioned the government admitting to releasing all hidden info on ETs in my hypothetical situation. But I agree, if it did occur while these aliens showed up, I think people would be less trusting of their government's words.

I think if the government never did admit to hiding information on aliens, I personally think most people would be quick to believe their authority figures and the media just like many people do with most issues now.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Striker122 because: Typos

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I think I would probably wait and see what the aliens had to say before making judgement, if they didn't say anything at all then I would probably go about my daily life as there would be nothing at all I could do about it anyway

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There definately would be a clamour for information from those who have kept the silence so well and so long.
They would have to have some heavy excuses for the murders and the destroying of peoples lives and sanity.
The technology would have to be distibuted free of charge because in the intervening years we the public have funded the whole shebang.
Any and all applications of alien tech by popular demand would have to be made public domain ......
The various nations would also demand equal trade and contact opportunities.
I think that huge ship is already hovering over every city and nuclear site in the world now....I believe that the solar syatem is teeming with life, as is the galaxy....as well i believe it possible that within the very atoms of this solar system,there may be another complete syatem existing on a slightly differing wave length.....i admit freely that i think there may even be more than one such system in the same physical space as our own.
Existance being many vast chains running from micro to macro cosm, on multi levels of an infinite variety of wavelengths.
where was i......?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If them aliens blew up our buildings would I trust them-- Hell no!
There probably working with Obama Bin Laden

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

I didn't say the aliens blew up the building. I said what if a building exploded in that major city where the craft is hovering and your government claimed it was the alien's fault?

top topics

join