It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dirty underware bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A city bomb squad was called after witness spotted a black bag... this bomb turned out to be a mans soiled underware.....read more on link.

link abclocal.go.com...

How paranoid are we becoming????

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well hindsight is always 20-20 as they say. I don't think they were being paranoid. Did you read the whole story? I think that this is why they reacted the way they did. Taken from the link you provided:

The city bomb squad and hazardous materials crew responded after an Erie Water Works employee spotted a black bag near the 33 million gallon Sigsbee Reservoir last month.

I am glad people are this paranoid when it comes to the water supply. Can you imagine what would happen if something toxic got into that amout of water? Or what would you be saying if they did nothing and 20,000 people died?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i'm with nyarlathotep on this one. i believe they really did act rightly with the resevoir right there. besides, it shows that people are on the lookout for suspiscious objects. that's a good thing, in my book.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Some times paranoia is a good thing. Although this is quite a laugh that attitude could save somebody someday.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I did read the article. I also agree.... some paranoia is good, but this guy is stuck with a 5,000.00 fine and received a 90 day suspended jail sentence. Because the team (hazard and bomb squad) has to be compensated so he is stuck with the bill... I don't agree with that.

If everytime these bomb teams go out to investigate an incident and it is a false alarm.... whoever is responsible, accident or not, is fined or jailed.?

I think maybe it was also due to the location...city water.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Because the team (hazard and bomb squad) has to be compensated so he is stuck with the bill... I don't agree with that.

that is actually a common scenario. around on the great lakes ice fishers often get stranded or lost on the ice flows. so when they have to get rescued by the coast guard or another group the people are often fined the operating costs of the helicopter or whatever else was used in the rescue.

as for this guy, i wholeheartedly agree in his sentence. he was trespassing on privite property, and his intentions could have been anything. i mean, why go through all that to dump some dirty underwear when he could have just done the smart thing and thrown them in a garbage can? this guy deserved what he got.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You are correct...... he was trespassing and for that alone he should be charged.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
False Alarm?

These were a pair of nasty dirty underwear. near the water supply. Talk about Biohazard. What if they got into the water supply?

What was this dude doing with dirty underwear out by the resivior anyway, washing them? YUK! In our drinking water!

new topics

top topics

join