It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Budden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
For those of you who like hiphop and like lyrical artists I post this for you. Joe Budden is one of my favorite lyrical hiphop artists. Even if you do not like hiphop you can at least take a listen to the lyrics I guess. Role Reversal is pretty amazing.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i could easy say i dislike rap and don't relate to its lyrics being a white male and growing up during the whole fubu east coast west coast bs thing i remember when white kids tried to act all gangster lol i just listened to Pantera i just watched these fakers switch sides when the whole bro movement came into play i would watch them drive around in their raised trucks blasting the same music they mocked me for listening to years ahead of them. The truth is rap was never made for white fans but became big when white fans started to buy their album and they saw a lot of money in it so then they deemed it ok. But generally i don't bite into the bs because i can still hear the white hate in their lyrics and for that they will not get my money.
edit on 21-11-2010 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

That was a pointless a$$ response, and WTF is the "bro" movement. If you dont like rap, I'm sure the OP gives less than a fck about why you wont buy the music. But one thing I will agree upon is the "posers", mostly suburban white kids, want to pretend like they are part of the culture but are simply doing it just to fit in. In the words of Pual Mooney "Everybody want to be a ni&&a, but nobody wanna be a ni&&a.

Anyway, I never really listen to Joe Budden myself, I heard few freestyles on some his beats on mixtapes, but i'm more of an old school R&B, Soul, Funk, and Neo-Soul type of dude. From Parliment to Dwele, thats my sh!t.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

Thanks for the reply. I listen to any kind of music as long as it tells a story. Its a different way of looking at things even if its not their real life either if they can tell the story I will listen to it. I picked him because I just picked up his CD as I was listening to a sample and wanted to check him out and thought I would share as he does well at conveying stories in his music.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I haven't listen to anything with any "white hate" in it in years. Also it was never east coast vs west coast a magazine called it that. Please research before posting if you are going to make statements like this.

new topics

top topics

join