It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptians Were Latino?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This picture seems to show ancient Egyptians resembling Latinos. Is it evidence to link Egyptian and Mayan culture? Remember that New World Monkeys began to appear in South America at a time when the continent was separated from Africa by thousands of miles of ocean. (Anthropologists theorized that ancient hominids floated on debris from Africa to South America which I find unlikely.) Is this copy of a fresco proof of the existence of an ancient land bridge between the continents?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I should have called the post "Ancient Egyptians Were Mexicans"

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It is true because they found tortillas and hot sauce on their wife-beater t-shirts. Also it was proved that they the Egyptians were flooding across their borders to other countries.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

Personally, I believe that a mid-Atlantic culture once connected ancient prehistoric Egyptian civilization and Mayan civilization. Check out my thread about Human Evolution and divergence if interested. I almost want to make this into a serious thread at some point.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ancient civilizations traveled around the world,much like we do today.

They traded with each other extensively.

There has been copper bracelets and trinkets found in the burial chambers in Egypt that they know the copper comes from only one place on earth.

Minnesota.

Also I do not think you mean Latino.

Latino means people that could be Italian,Spanish or one of their colonies and speaks the language derived form Latin.

I saw no one in the picture that looks remotely like a Mayan or Aztec,Inca etc.

There are many similarities between those civilizations and the ancient Egyptian civilizations.

The Chinese traveled the world on the seas thousands of years ago too.

They had ships so large a American football field could fit on the the deck.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I actually thought that the depiction of the Egyptian (on the far right) fit the bill for Mayan possibly.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Interesting theory, I have always thought about this.

I myself am Egyptian and I look nothing like a "Latino" or "Mexican". Many people mistake me for being Italian or Greek.

Afro-centrists would say that Ancient Egyptians were black, but that too is false.

Most of us don't consider our self Arabs although we speak Arabic.

Ancient Egyptians had brownish-reddish skin and I would classify them as their own race.

Funny thing though, my dad has reddish skin and many people mistakenly identified him as being Mexican or Native American.

Maybe there is some merit to this theory

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Egypt had a multi-racial make up.
However, there's no evidence of contact from the Americas.
If you want to bring up the pyramids, I'd point out the different uses, different construction methods and styles, and the date range.
Like today, you'll notice that in a population of darker skinned people (and in lighter skinned, but in the other direction) you have a range of skin tones.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Steam

Oh, hello Steam. Thanks for commenting on my thread. I would recommend reading my other thread called "Human Evolution: Convergence or Land Bridge" as I attempt to support the idea of a linked ancient supra-culture by exploring current holes in the theory of human evolution. It is fascinating to consider these things.

I knew we would agree on something.

Cheers,

WGH

new topics

top topics

join