It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you adjusting your travel to avoid scanners and pat downs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i know, another scanner thread.
i've been scanning all these scanner threads and the one thing i noticed is that amongst all the bitching about the scanners and pat downs i really didn't notice anyone mention actually avoiding them.
i rarely fly, and consider this an excellent opportunity to continue not to.
i flew a couple of times post 9/11 to puerto rico, being that i'm a 6'1" long haired bearded man
i know that i am always picked out for a pat down anyhow. i was searched every time i boarded a plane,
and have no desire for a more extensive search.
edit on 21-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My company has cancelled all flying do to fear of lawsuits from employees for forced flying with the proven facts of cancer from body scanners. We protested and won. I have also cancelled all flying vacations(florida, and the west) and instead my family and I are seeing local attractions. Vote with your dollars because that is all that is left.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Not really I was always planning on driving to go on vacation this holiday season, one of the major reasons I hate flying anyway, but now I thought of something very funny to do during a pat down and want to fly lol, well at least attempt to fly cause I don't think they'd let me on the plane after pulling this prank.

edit on 21-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
the only traveling i do is going to the store to get some cigarettes
thankfully i don't need any scanners or pat downs for that yet

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One of the last flights I took, besides the flight from Fresno to MPL/SP was a flight from Fresno to Boise. It was a contractual flight or what is also called a corporate flight. They hired the flight and we were flown without all the baggage(pun) of a normal commercial flight.

I think this will be the future of next generation flights if we go on the same road we are on.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My wife and I are getting ready to travel to Florida with our 9 year old daughter. We have decided to rent a vehicle instead of flying. My wife suggested it because she knows that if someone groped my daughter one of us is going to prison (myself) and one of us is going to the morgue (TSA officer). I am not someone who is going to roll over and take this crap from our outlaw government or anyone else. It's time to rise up people and take this country back. I am sick of watching all of our liberties get stripped away.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
how can i travel to an overseas places like Australia and avoid TSA body scanners at the same time?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

found this list of airports that have installed them, and to be honest, for all the hoopla i figured the list would be much longer.

Airports that currently have imaging technology, according to the website: • Albuquerque International Sunport Airport • Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport • Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport • Boston Logan International Airport • Houston's George Bush Interncontinental Airport • Boise Airport • Bradley International Airport • Brownsville-South Padre Island Airport • Buffalo Niagara International Airport • Charlotte Douglas International Airport • Chicago's O'Hare International Airport • Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport • Cleveland Hopkins International Airport • Corpus Christi International Airport • Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport • Denver International Airport • Detroit Metro Airport

cnn article

oops, sorry, there was a second page to the list. my bad.

• Dulles International Airport • El Paso International Airport • Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport • Fort Wayne International Airport • Fresno Yosemite International Airport

• Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport

• Grand Rapids, Michigan's Gerald R. Ford International Airport

• Harrisburg International Airport

• Valley International Airport in Harlingen, Texas

• Honolulu International Airport

• Indianapolis International Airport

• Jacksonville International Airport

• John F. Kennedy International Airport

• Kansas City International Airport

• LaGuardia Airport

• Lambert-St. Louis International Airport

• Laredo International Airport

• Lihue Airport

• Los Angeles International Airport

• San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport

• McAllen-Miller International Airport

• Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport

• Memphis International Airport

• Miami International Airport

• Milwaukee's General Mitchell Airport

• Mineta San José International Airport

• Minneapolis/St.Paul International Airport

• Nashville International Airport

• Newark Liberty International Airport

• Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport

• Oakland International Airport

• Omaha Eppley Field Airport

• Orlando International Airport

• Palm Beach International Airport

• Philadelphia International Airport

• Phoenix International Airport

• Pittsburgh International Airport

• Port Columbus International Airport

• Raleigh-Durham International Airport

• Richmond International Airport

• Greater Rochester International Airport

• Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport

• Salt Lake City International Airport

• San Antonio International Airport

• San Diego International Airport

• San Francisco International Airport

• Seattle-Tacoma International Airport

• Spokane International Airport

• T.F. Green Airport

• Tampa International Airport

• Tulsa International Airport

edit on 21-11-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was hoping to make a trip back to Greece via Singapore in 2011 but there is no way I am going anywhere if the airports I have to pass thriough have this technology.

I think people will be divided on this issue. There will be the diehards who think thta it is great because it "catch terrorists". Personally I think this is just a load of hogwash.

Then were will be the people like me...resistant to the point of not going anywhere; or travelling but risking prosecution because we dare object to being subjected to an illegal invasion of personal space. Even if you make a comment to your partner about how ridiculous it all is, they will single you out. This happened to me at Heathrow.

I detest being treated like a criminal when I have done nothing wrong.

So thanks a lot Uncle Sam with your Big Brother Paranoia...I detest the way you have got the whole world jumping to your effed up tune.

res
edit on 21-11-2010 by resistancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
do people who take boats overseas have to deal with being fondled by a government employee?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i know, another scanner thread.
i've been scanning all these scanner threads and the one thing i noticed is that amongst all the bitching about the scanners and pat downs i really didn't notice anyone mention actually avoiding them.

I'm flying into New Orleans on 'opt out day'. I have to opt-out anyway. Oh goodie. My circumstances are that if my wife and I want to go on vacation, we have a week-10 days due to her work obligations. So, it it's any distance, we need to fly. No probs in Canada. However, this trip will determine if I ever fly into the US again. That's my tourist dollar talking.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
as I have already stated on another thread,
the airlines and TSA can kiss my [snip].
All flights are canceled by all my family.
Those jets are gonna be near empty.
Happy Holidays.

edit on 11/21/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

I travelled by overnight ferry from the port of Patra (western Greece) to Brindisi (southeast Italy) across the Adriatic Sea in April this year and let me tell you, if someone wanted to get anything illegal in or out, that would be the best way to go. They do not check anything on these ferries, I was amazed. It has something to do with an agreement between European Unions countries that allows free travel throughout the EU region. All the ferry terminal officials were really non-chalant....quite indifferent and looking very bored with their job and the tourists.

Even at the airport in Athens in March, they just stamped our passports and there was no customs operating at all, we just grabbed our bags and went on our merry way.

There is also no McDonalds in Greece or Italy, so I am thinking maybe they are pretty much NOT BUYING the terrorst hysteria that the USA has imposed on most of the world, like they are distancing themselves from the US as there is nothing to identify with the USA in these countries (except for Coca Cola)
Just a thought

res
edit on 23-11-2010 by resistancia because: added info

edit on 23-11-2010 by resistancia because: grammatical errata

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

ok...as I posted in another thread...

I can't go through the scanner. I just went though the process in Toronto and NOLA...not much difference. Not that intrusive, and one thing I haven't seen mentioned...after the pat-down the gloves are swabbed and the swabs go through an ion analyzer to test for explosive chemicals. After all this talk about rights, I have to say that one also has a right to pass on flying. Given recent circumstances, I'd say the whole process is not out of line...and one is given a choice. I'm very protective of my rights, but after all is said and done, I have to say there's a whole bunch of hyperbole being generated here.

Frankly...I don't think I've been abused.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Not really. No major changes to any travel plans.

They wanna put me through an xray machine? Too bad they can't turn it up and show me how my back's doing.

I really don't care. I don't have anything to hide, and if they've got nothing better to do than look at me, they really need to get a life.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Once I get thru LAX or JFK sanity returns except in Britain where they are as paranoid as we are.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
My wife and I are getting ready to travel to Florida with our 9 year old daughter. We have decided to rent a vehicle instead of flying. My wife suggested it because she knows that if someone groped my daughter one of us is going to prison (myself) and one of us is going to the morgue (TSA officer). I am not someone who is going to roll over and take this crap from our outlaw government or anyone else. It's time to rise up people and take this country back. I am sick of watching all of our liberties get stripped away.

You already rolled over and took this crap from your Government when you weren't out in the streets protesting after GWB signed off on the Patriot Act, less than six weeks after 9/11. Saying that you won't take it now is nearly 10 years too late.

It's taken Americans nearly TEN YEARS to realize what authority this has given the Government and to decide to do something about it.

In Nazi Germany, after passing a similar act, the whole country was involved in a World War in a lot less than 10 years.

You sheeple are pushovers, and your Government knows it.

Personally, I couldn't give a damn. Go through the scanners, you won't be patted down. If I get patted down, the airport security guy or gal is sure gonna get a surprise. My "junk" is particularly gifted.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Once I get thru LAX or JFK sanity returns except in Britain where they are as paranoid as we are.

In Britain they've always been that paranoid. I remember flying in the early 90's and being subject to a full body pat down after setting off an alarm.

USA is at least 20 years behind the times when it comes to security.

In many Middle Eastern countries, they make British airport security look like they're lax. I actually saw some talking head on one of those political talk shows on the weekend suggesting that instead of pat downs, the USA instigate airport security similar to Israel and other countries in the Middle East, where they start searching your car at several checkpoints before you even get close to the airport.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

are you from abroad or an "E.u citizen" so to say ?

if your not an e.u citizen then you must have passed throu the wrong boarder gates and broken the law by doing so

i europe there are 3+ gates , one for locals and one for outsiders and one for declearing goods,

and there are plenty of Mac´s in thouse two countries you said you visited , in italy alone there are 392 and in greece 48 ,

american cultural heritage can be found overseas ,

just saying

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My wife and I have decided to never travel to the US, period. It's sometimes cheaper to travel through the US to get to Europe, but we pay the extra 2-300$ to avoid that...

The US government is paranoid, schizophrenic, and doesn't care about anything but their fear of everything. I don't want to encourage them by funding their economy or letting them do what they want to me or my family...

Sorry US government, you may hold your people hostage, but you won't get my help to do it.

Magnum

top topics

<<   2 >>

join