It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Picture .... or something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I wanted to post this in the paranormal thread, but I haven't had enough posts yet. I was at a relative's house last week and was taking pictures of it. On the first picture, the phone kind of slipped so I figured the picture would come out blurry but instead it was this other thing. I have no idea who or what it is. I'm not really familiar with photo software but I tried to get some more info out of the picture using some different effects. It could be male or female, it's hard to tell.

The weird thing is that on all other ghost pictures I've seen, the ghost is somewhere, like in a room or whatever...in this it seems to be the whole focus of the shot. Plus if it's a figure that's over 5 feet tall, to be in the whole frame I guess it would have to be about 4 feet away, at least. I'm not really into paranormal stuff, I watch the shows sometimes but that's about it. If anyone is good with photo enhancements I'd like to see if I can get some more info on this. I looked for missing persons and what not, but with no luck. The house is located in Las Vegas. I figure that's a blue dress or a friend even mentioned hospital scrubs, so it could be that too, any ideas would be appreciated!

This is the original photo:

For this I used an edge detector, the flowing hair made me think it was a female, but that may also be a result
of me not being familiar with using the software:

This is a zoom on the face, with some coloring:

This is some more edge detecting:

With this I was trying to figure out what the white, cloudy mess was, I'm not sure if that was my finger or not:

Another one of those finger things:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Image is too unfocused to get a real idea of anything, and the Hue's all off + i think it might be your finger
Everythings worth a post though! welcome to ats.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
your pics show nothing, well maybe they show youve been messing around with photo/paint software.
theyre altered too much too even tell wether they are photos. youll need to post origionals or people will just call you a hoaxer.
hoax.
welcome to the site btw.

edit: origional pic looks like a photo of a painting.
edit on 21-11-2010 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...looks like a woman with long dark hair, wearing a blue something - nightgown maybe ----- but ----- yeah, what ted said, it could be your finger...

...blow it up and frame it... would make an interesting conversational piece - but - if the eye sockets start glowing, burn it, lol...

...oyeah, welcome aborg...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

The first one is the original, right from my phone..I should probably be more clear next time, instead of just putting "This is the original photo"

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deviantcoil

and yeah, it does look like a painting, I was thinking that the other day, even weirder.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a ghost to me. The pictures look like someone paint them, but I do see woman though.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

sorry my bad, just that i was expecting a photo of the inside of a house, not a close up of a painting. ; ]

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

That's why I was saying it was so odd, all the other pics I've seen have a setting to them.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I thought this was an introduction thread. Anyways, You need to post the link you got these images from. these could be paintings under x-ray. If they are than it is not surprising to find images that where painted over.So if your gonna force a thread onto us, And i believe it is against the rules to do in this forum, Than at the least give us the link.

There is a reason for not being able to start a thread as a new member. You must have 20 post's first.Get a feel for the sight. There is plenty of time. No need to be in a hurry.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If I want to post something, and I can only post it here because of some rule, than I will. There is no link to where I got the images from, they were uploaded from my phone.

top topics

join