It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-voting without fraud (TED talk Solution)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hello people

On thing that always drove me nuts is the way we vote in this country. The process is so unreliable and corrupt that its laughable when ever i hear someone blaming the voters for the problems are officials are causing.. And now that we have these electronic voting machine with no paper trail, its even worse! recounts, votes going missing or being switch, I can't believe this is going on. These votes are so blatantly fixed it drive me crazy.

which brings me to the topic of my post, I saw this video from TED and it just make so much sense.

David Bismark demos a new system for voting that contains a simple, verifiable way to prevent fraud and miscounting -- while keeping each person's vote secret.

www.youtube.com...

It seems like a simple yet very effective way to solve a huge problem we have in the world. Also i feel this is a topic/idea that everyone can agree with no matter who you are.

this is something we should all get behind, because it effects us all more than you would expect. what do you all think?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
who is that guy?

whoever he is, i like him.

i dont know why somebody didnt think of this sooner. im all for it.

i like how anybody who wants to, would be able to count all of the votes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

David Bismark earned his Doctor of Philosophy degree in 2010 from the University of Surrey in the UK for his research in Verifiable Electronic Voting and holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees from the same university. He lives in Stockholm, Sweden, where he is the managing director of the publishing house Recito Förlag. David combines a love for books with a strong base in Information Technology to play his part in shaping the future of the country’s publishing industry. Frequently working from home, a favourite pastime is taking funny pictures of his cat.

here is more info on him

evoting.bismark.se...

he also has a twitter with some great information

twitter.com...

and i agree that everyone should be able to see the results, with the technology we have these days this isn't a difficult task to have accurate elections

new topics

join