It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US angered by nuclear plant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
reply to post by Replikant

The difference being that the US will not use nukes unless they are targeted by them - NK is a different kettle of fish altogether. We can't lump the world into a pot and say we all have the same rights to nukes - because although this is about nuclear power it doesn't take a genius to see where the real motive is. Would you have Somalia have nukes? Or Sierra Leone? The less countries with access to that power the less likely we will see nuclear war. NK is just mad enough to start something like that.

agree. imagine if somalia had nukes? haha, they'd aim them at every ship they wanted to pirate.
ca.news.yahoo.com...
Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the U.S. military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on Sunday the disclosure showed that North Korea was a "dangerous country" intent on making nuclear weapons

jeezus, the us jcs calling another country "dangerous"? its getting serious.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Personally i belive theve earned the right to nuclear power, Hell! eveyone else has it why not korea? But then again they have been sneaky about it, youll propbably found better articles lying around, but this one just conveiniently popped up on my google desktop.

Whatever it is clearly its made american officials quite grumpy.

www.straitstimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21/11/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

I think in this case the concerns about the intended use of the facility is what is of concern. N. Korea is not part of the NPT, has a nuclear weapons program, and has test detonated nukes in the past. Coupled with their actions in Iran and Mynmar now, I think there is a possibility for trouble down the road.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah i did a little bit more research and discoverd that its more of a facility than a power station that could be used for creating nuclear tech in the future, but yeah thankyou for correcting me on the subject

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

www.straitstimes.com

WASHINGTON - US OFFICIALS accused North Korea on Sunday of flouting UN sanctions and seeking to destabilise the region amid claims the secretive state has built a sophisticated, new uranium enrichment plant.

actually I just came from the store and was listening to a liberal biased news channel in the car and what I heard reported was in complete contradiction to your opening statement... So who's truth is our truth ?

Right after the broadcast the next report came on giving statistics of our military pitted against China's and there was also no comparison as the liberal biased news media put it, they claimed we could cut upto 20% of our military funding and still be leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

edit on 21-11-2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

This is exactly what we need, more countries with more nukes, only then will there be equality.

And

Every country that gains nukes, should have a VETO power in the security council, and should become permanent members.

If not, then the world should create a new governing system besides UN, a more fairer body.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There is too many mad people from the west, and I'm from the west too. Haha, hahaha!

edit on 21-11-2010 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Ah, good explanation and yes I was having a blond moment on the leaders name...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Its all good.. Its a topic we should follow, and the more info we have the better informed we all are. The Facility I guess has some high quality enrichment centrifuges, which I guess is not needed for a light water reactor.

With the way the world is going, it makes one long for the days of Reagen at the helm lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

This is exactly what we need, more countries with more nukes, only then will there be equality.

And

Every country that gains nukes, should have a VETO power in the security council, and should become permanent members.

If not, then the world should create a new governing system besides UN, a more fairer body.

I am impressed as you are getting better at this. You are now able to reference the US as the evil scourge of the Earth without outright naming us.

Nice job

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
No country has to defend itself against NATO or the US if they are peaceful and dont pose a serious threat to world peace. Nuclear weapons DO pose a serious threat to world peace.

Iran, for example will sell their nuclear weapons to terrorists no doubt, who will use them against the US or other locations in the free world. Why should we let countries threaten world peace? Especially when were the ones they want to attack the most? Why do people even look at the US like we are a problem in the world? Whose going to have to move in and disarm these people once they do pose a massive threat? The US. All the US is trying to do is prevent catastrophes. The US government is intricate enough to where terrorists can never get their hands on our nuclear weapons. We can protect our arsenal, countries like N Korea and Iran cant. Theyre unstable systems of government. Much like the Soviet Union was.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The United states officials are always spoffish about N.K. ,about nuke. N.K. just do something to avoid any invasion,the nukes are not for USA,so don't worry.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyvia
The United states officials are always spoffish about N.K. ,about nuke. N.K. just do something to avoid any invasion,the nukes are not for USA,so don't worry.

Oh is that so?

""The army and people of the DPRK will legitimately counter with their powerful nuclear deterrence the largest-ever nuclear war exercises to be staged by the U.S. and the South Korean puppet forces,""

That doesn't include the five or so other occasions where they have threatened to wipe out the US in one form or another. Another time they said they will "wipe out the US" "once and for all".

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

North Korea has stated many times that their threats are not empty talk. They will, and are planning to completely wipe out the United States. They probably will succeed, as the US shows no signs of any serious action. I say good, I hope they started global nuclear and destroy this ses pit.
edit on 22-11-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Have you ever been in a fight before?

Do you know that BS you talk when you are in a fight>? Yeah, that is why they call it barking.

I have said to someone that I would stab his face against the tree behind him, guess what, we had the fight, fist to fist, I win, and there was no knife against his face, against the tree.

That is just talking shizz at the heat of the moment, and country wise speaking, US and N-Korea is still at war.

N-Korea wants a peace treaty with US, but US doesn't want one.

So who is trying to wipe who out, if US is the one who doesn't want a peace treaty.

The weak usually use talks as a means of deterrence, or to scare the opponent.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
They can't secure oil fields around the world to have a fuel source.

They have to go nuclear.

I don't know why we'd be angered. We closed that country off to the world, it has to be expected they will do what they have to, to generate energy.

Maybe if we allowed them to use the gas field in the ocean between China and Japan they would have never of gone nuclear. Too late now, China is claiming it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Here's some more info here posted in this thread yesterday.

Times: NKorea secretly builds new nuclear facility

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's not that blonde, best blonde moment ever regarding Korea was when i introduced one friend to some of my korean friends. This guy knew nothing about Korea at all! We explained the difference between north and south to him after the usual fashion, to which he replies...

"Aaaaah so you're all from North Korea, welcome!"

Suffice to say everyone got pretty shocked with his logical outcome of where my other friends were from hahaha

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Secularist

Iran probably can protect their WMDs, because they have a massive army who is extremely disciplined and their economy is self sustaining. So no economic collapses any time soon. Ahmadinejad seems like a sane and logical leader if you've ever listened to him speak. North Korea not so much.

But yes, the biggest threat doesn't come directly from the nations themselves so much as the weapons 'falling' into the wrong hands and being used in 'terrorist' attacks.

I.e. North Korea sneakily giving them to terrorists.

Hell even China could drop a sneaky N bomb on someone and blame it on NK if they felt like it.

Oozy, I reckon all nukes should be gotten rid of and then everyone would have equal footing that way, if everyone had nukes it only takes one psychopath in charge to cause massive annihilation. If no one had them, life would be simpler and everyone could have an equal say in the U.N.

Personally I think the U.N. could be on a bit of a League of Nations path though, no real power in it...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

www.straitstimes.com

WASHINGTON - US OFFICIALS accused North Korea on Sunday of flouting UN sanctions and seeking to destabilise the region amid claims the secretive state has built a sophisticated, new uranium enrichment plant.

Someone should take north korea's toys away from it. Oh and tell them to stop with the missiles off the california coast too.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm not angry....Nuclear energy is the future. Just about everyone in the entire world understands this....with the exception of maybe realpolitik and shareholders of big oil corporations.

I'm not angry either.. and I didn't give anyone permission to represent me as such .. lol.. to even suggest the "US", like the United States as a nation, was "angry" is a farce. As if Admiral Mullen is an antenna of virtue channeling the energy of 300+ million "angry" Americans.. lmao.. Who seriously got "angry"?.. which govt employee trashed their cubical during a temper tantrum?

A few people who work for politicians with no credibility feigned emotion while belching stale scripted "official" scary boogie-man talking points... yawn..

I'd be willing to bet Americans are angrier at the US govt.. than at N. Korea

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Nuclear power/tech/weapons are outdated. Keeping a nuclear arsenal is expensive and self defeating. Its use as a deterent is also an outdated idea. If we all have nukes, where's the deterent?

All countries have a right to nuclear power. The concern would be for its use and its protection. If you just want to enrich uranium so you can make missles and threaten your neighbors, well, that's probably not the best of ideas.

I have no idea what NK's actual attitude is towards the rest of the world. I really don't care either. They seem like a barking dog that never actually bites anything. The media certainly can't be trusted for the whole truth.

As for the US and its Nuclear Arsenal, time to dismantle it all and go on to something else. If we are to be a leading force in the world, we should lead by example.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join