It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Hollywood sucking on ATS' teat, then pooping out movies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know a lot of conspiracies have been around for far longer than ATS has been around, but if I were a Hollywood writer, I would be coming on here and GLP for ideas to "borrow" for my next scifi movie, tv show, etc. I must say, some of the most creative and out-of-the-box ideas have come from you guys (my personal opinion). And while, sure; I do believe in the authenticity of some of the concepts and ideas floating around on here, a lot of it involves some very in-depth and intelligent brain storming and brilliant creativity; a magnificent peer into the collective mind. With all of your minds working at these conspiracies, you begin to get a very intricate and in-depth view of a given topic or story with each additional comment, and then I have a decent ability to come to some form of consensus about the topic in hand. Back to the point.. It is my sincere belief that there are Hollywood writers on here among us "sampling our ideas." We are a brilliant test market for them and all of their concepts. Perhaps they are also seeding the site with plausible conspiracy that ends up causing a lot of attention and reaction, and as a result, people comment and play devils advocate; unwittingly helping to fill holes in the writers "conspiracy" (future film plot). What are your thoughts on this peeps?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hmm never thought of that...
If that's the case then the possibilities are endless
And we'll all be here after a gvt/blackmail/conspiracy movie comes out so we can debate and analyze all the symbolism and 'connect the dots'

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting points you make. I think this is totally possible. It's definitely a good place to come for inspiration. I never thought about it being a good place to test the waters on an idea for a movie, but I wouldn't doubt that it's been done. I have seen many things on here that I thought would make a good story to be told either through a book or film.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'd say that's almost a foregone conclusion.
The best fantasies and stories are the ones with a grain of truth hidden somewhere in the storyline.
There's enough material on this site to keep hollywood fueled for years.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If we satarted a bunch of threads about hollywood writers, producers and directors being abducted and assassinated maybe that would help send them a message.

And yeah, the majority of dross that comes from that tiny little place on this ball of dirt is incredible. Sad that while they all pat eachother on the back and hand out cheap awards to themselves they have no idea that they are churning out the endless garbage.

The best movies don't come from hollywood and original ideas are very few and far between. I think most movies from their are based on financial formulas and have nothing to do with entertainment.

I'm glad I don't fuel those egos in any way.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

have you watched any of the Hollywood movies lately lol. Whats on here is much more interesting and new then anything they come up with. Right now they are much to happy stealing ideas from comic books. Most of these people don't have a creative bone in their body and only think they are making a movie better by putting their spin on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At times I was thinking ATS gets some of these ideas more from the movies first.
Now Collen gets it from ATS I believe.

top topics

join