It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Man Finds and Returns $3300 in Cash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Reality is in fact a cold, unforgiving place, does this mean we should shake ourselves of our own responsibilities and embrace that which we our entire lives said we wouldn't?

Not in the least, this man held true to his morals despite the fact most of you wouldn't of, that alone deserves a little recognition, no matter how badly you try to trash the man.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Some of you amaze me.

You know, I understand some will keep the money and some don't. Reality is cold and I can not blame someone for grabbing every opportunity with both hands. But for does of you that actually had the nerve to insult the guy for doing what he feels is the right thing... That's just pathetic.

I think he did the right thing and I would have done the same. It just doesn't feel right keeping it I learned from experience.
I respect other peoples property. I do understand there are people that don't, but is no reason to betray my personal values and moral.

Therefore I respect what he did. He remained true to himself and to what he thought to be the right thing to do.Especially because he is the last one I would expect this.

Anyway...

This guy made me happy, and he sparked some fresh hope. To bad some of you kicked it to the ground again....

And...

Thank you
for does who didn't

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know things are going to hell when people condemn someone for doing such a unselfish act that should be commended. Not everything has to have an ulterior motive behind it for Christ sakes. Maybe he did the right thing because it was the right thing to do, sad that's so shocking to some. There's a lot to be said for being able to go to bed at night knowing you have conscience.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
He did the right thing - I respect Dave!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Has it ever occurred to anyone this might have been a test set by the powers ABOVE TPTB to test this man's morals, ethics. He has done alot better then the majority of you idiots that are trashing him.
Take a good look at yourselves and your lives, youre obviously missing something if youre sitting here calling him stupid for returning that money. The ones trashing him, its people like you that are assisting in the DEEVOLUTION of our race

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would love to think that I would do the same as this man, if I were ever unfortunate enough to be in his situation.

All the people saying ''I would have taken it'' or ''he's an idiot'' are selling themselves short ( excuse the pun ).

If you've got a strong set of ethics and values that you personally hold yourself accountable to, then the circumstances that surrounding situations where these morals apply, shouldn't be relevant.

I couldn't even imagine a scenario where I would pocket some money that wasn't mine, unless I was absolutely life-or-death desperate.

This is what makes Dave's actions even more commendable. You could almost excuse him, if he did decide to steal this money, considering his circumstances.

His actions suggest that he's a decent and honourable man.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
He's a great man, but I doubt whoever lost it deserved/needed it.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinkingSun

Turns out the kid was gonna use it to buy a car, but instead he ended up donating it/rewarding the dude, and has promised to volunteer at a homeless shelter regularly.

It ended up being a winning situation for everyone involved.
edit on 27-11-2010 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Would I have thought about keeping it had I found the money? Sure, I would have. I might have even thought about it for a few days. I believe and hope I would have returned it though.

Ultimately though I think this man will get a greater reward and more money than if he had kept it to begin with. Since this went national you can be sure some are giving him some much needed money. Not to mention he will be able to sleep at night with a clear continence.

Imagine this was some old woman’s savings or the money someone had saved for their child/grandchild that was going into a bank account. I find it sad that some have chosen to belittle this man though for doing the right thing.

Money is nice but like beauty it will not always be there. A good heart will always be there as long as it is nurtured, this man is nurturing his heart.

Raist

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

Originally posted by SinkingSun

Turns out the kid was gonna use it to buy a car, but instead he ended up donating it/rewarding the dude, and has promised to volunteer at a homeless shelter regularly.

It ended up being a winning situation for everyone involved.
edit on 27-11-2010 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

That's awesome! Hard to put a price on random acts of kindness and how it can effect others when you pass it on.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Now that is pretty amazing. I cant imagine how hard it must have been for him not to keep the money. I mean the guy is homeless, and it would have been easy for him to think "well God must have wanted me to have it."

But he actually turned it in. And that is going to be great karma for him. Nice.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
In my eyes, he did the right thing. Regardless of who the money belonged to, it was the honest and forthright action to take. If all people could be as thoughtful and honest as that, society would be in a far better situation than it is now.

I salute him.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

You just don't understand don't you.He could of kept the money but, he did'nt which shows great behaviour. Some greedy people would of just took the money and left but, he did'nt.What is more remarkable is that he was homeless.What a great deed to do return some lost money.He has a heart after all.As for him being an idiot you're wrong.You have got you're sentences mixed up.Which makes me question why you called him an idoit for him doing a great deed.Very strange

edit on 1-2-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This man is enlightened.

He knows that money is, like most human inventions, worthless.

He is either an enlightened being (Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed).

Or he is a saint amongst us? (Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed and others).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by aching_knuckles

Agreed. I'm glad you said it because I didn't know exactly how to put it. I think it's why I want to have a career in some sort of psychology field so I might be able to understand why someone would ridicule someone for doing something good.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Why would he have to be deified to do something good? Humans are capable of being good.

<< 1   >>

join