It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Man Finds and Returns $3300 in Cash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is 100 % worthy of respect for Dave the homeless dude.

So it is possible...

I'm feeling hopeful for the future because of Dave.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I saw this on the news the other day and it actually brought a tear to my eye. It's nice to see people do the right thing. This man is homeless and could have kept that money and he didn't. Just shows that there is still good in people.

S&F

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That's a good guy.

I can't help but think he might have picked up a ransom bag or that kid dropped off that bag for drug money drop off.

Ahh just when I have faith in people, my dislike of the few wipe it all out. What a contradiction.
edit on 21-11-2010 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Alright I guess I have to say it. What the hell!? I would have pocketed that money. If anyone is reckless enough to lose $3300 then they don't deserve it back if I am the one homeless.

Just saying...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well the fact that he didn't act like almost everyone would is what I respect

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This tells me a lot. The man's apathetic attitude of his current living status sheds a light on his mindset. I am assuming he figured he would be blessed by turning the money in. Perhaps this event was his blessing from God. He was blinded by doing something good and refused to better his situation. This man could have taken the money and gotten off the streets. He traded in his future for his fifteen minutes of fame.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Amazing, this man (a homeless man at that) displays what few of us actually possesses, class.

It only goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RisingPhoenix33

Chances have turned out in his favor actually.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow. A few replies on here disgust me. This man did something right that you wouldnt even have the sac to consider doing (and you admit it), then you have the chutzpah to insult him? What is wrong with todays world. People like you are ruining humanity, or what little we have left.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That would be hard to do if there was no obvious evidence of who it belonged to. in some cases you could turn money in to let's say... the police... only to have them keep it for themselves. How is that ever good?

I have found money and returned it, but could I in every case? I'd like to think so but I have to say that would be tough... like let's say you found just a wad of cash and no one is around for miles and it seems to have been there a while. How is ANYONE ever going to know who it belongs to to keep it from being wrongfully claimed? If you NEED it, maybe you were meant to find it...??? but if you find let's say... a purse on a table in a restaurant, to run off with it rather than guard it and investigate the sitaution is pretty messed up but something that many would do.

as for the man being blessed because of returning the money... who knows?!...maybe he was.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
wat a farking moron. im not homeless i would have kept that money

doesnt mean ur a good person if you hand in what u find.

means ur an idiot

there is no doubt that money was a godsend to him and he rejected it.

fool

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed

doesnt mean ur a good person if you hand in what u find.

means ur an idiot

According to who, you? Since you can barely formulate a coherent sentence, and 60% of what you wrote is just insults, I dont think Im going to take your word for it.
edit on 23-11-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
He had to be happy with being homeless. Otherwise, he would have kept the money. He must have not been homeless very long or be schizo affective.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisingPhoenix33
He had to be happy with being homeless. Otherwise, he would have kept the money. He must have not been homeless very long or be schizo affective.

Or he is an honourable man.

You are probably not honourable and so cannot recognize this fact.

Honourable people have no problem seeing why he did this. It is as clear as day to them.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RisingPhoenix33

3300 bucks is not nearly enough to change the situation of being homeless....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I used to be what you would call "honorable" in your eyes I would assume. The world knocked me for a loop. I learned that reality is a cold, hard place. If you don't grasp what is available to you, someone else will. The first man gets the oyster, the second one gets the shell. This man will hopefully find his way in the world, and he may already have. I know at this particular time, if it would have been me, I know what I would have done.

You find fault with me because I tell the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't know where you live, but $3,300 would pay for a move in deposit, and the first month's rent in most places. You could get utilities started and it would be a fine start to rebuild one's life.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisingPhoenix33

I somehow doubt he is happy being homeless.
He found something that did not belong to him, and handed it in.
It was the right thing to do. He wasn't seeking a blessing from god in doing it, he was just simply, doing the right thing!

The tone of peoples replies on here abusing him for doing good in this world amazes me, you all are contributing to the failure of the modern world and the loss of morals / values.

What has happened to our world, where people are brought up with a "finders keepers" attitude and a complete lack of morals !

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dachende

Some people are happy being homeless. It's hard to believe, but I know firsthand this to be the case. I lived in a gambling town with many transients. Many upon many of them confessed to me they enjoyed their lifestyle. Not all of them do, I wouldn't enjoy it. That's why I would take the money.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Quite an astounding man. He doesn't deserve the losing of his own house and a hard drug addiction, but the more you struggle, the more character, yeah? Hopefully this will be a lesson to many about stealing and such. Great vid. Thanks for the post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join