It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say you want a revolution? This December 7th the Cantona way might just catch on.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yabbadabbadoooooo

Well seeing as we no longer live in an age where authorities can do that...Let's Bring It On!

btw...beheadings in the French Revolution happened the other way round...

The French Revolution began in 1789 with the convocation of the Estates-General in May. The first year of the Revolution witnessed members of the Third Estate proclaiming the Tennis Court Oath in June, the assault on the Bastille in July, the passage of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen in August, and an epic march on Versailles that forced the royal court back to Paris in October. The next few years were dominated by tensions between various liberal assemblies and a conservative monarchy intent on thwarting major reforms. A republic was proclaimed in September 1792 and King Louis XVI was executed the next year.

Wikipedia: French Revolution.. SOURCE

Strength in numbers and PASSION. I guess some countries just don't or can't understand what passion is about.

I think this latest bank run episode started in France, Greece has stepped up to the plate and already started and I'm sure many European countries will follow suit. Bringing up the rear will be countries who either don't have money to withdraw or are full of a weak minded population that deserves to learn the hard way. Ironic, but it's probably the latter that would try and take credit for any changes that may come about from this action.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Cantona, to me, was so simplistic and eloquent. It doesn't need to be all this huzzah and banner waving- what has that gotten anyone anyway- but simply remove the dough.

Loved it. I too have signed up to participate, and despite that I have removed the banks' ability to loan out my deposits long ago, I am working on others who have already raised an eyebrow to what has happened.

Further, I think this coordination along with the "Crash JP Morgan" "500 dollar silver" campaign will prove to be an effective way of hobbling the best efforts of the big banks. Sure, some of the little ones will fall too... but they're just smaller sharks feeding off the same chum in the water anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Screw one day, lets do this forever! The banks pay almost zero interest anyway.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by realeyes

The trick would be getting employers to provide cash salaries to their workforces instead of direct payments into bank accounts. That's a tough one and the amount of payroll robberies and personal debt would soar. Temptation would be too easy with a fist full of dollars (or not if you have no self control). Credit is a curse to earners and the blessing to the banks.

Basically, the best way to go imo would be to roll back the years and trade more in services and goods and negate the need for money all together. Unfortunately the bankers are running the governments and the governments are making the rules.

The only answer is to learn how to be happy without or with less money. I've been doing it for years. In a world where consumerism and a throw away society is the norm, apathy has taken over. There is reward for those that DO care, those that recycle, repair, trade, grow and work towards self sufficiency. There is a satisfaction for me if I can prolong the life of something or make use of anothers reject to know that more of the same doesn't need to be unnecessarily produced.

If you can't be bothered, don't complain. And don't expect sympathy if you're broke, you did it from CHOICE.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Lol... You really have to give it the French, they really do stand together and fight for what they believe..
If they don't like something, they will all get together and fight for their rights.. Generally by striking which I must say has the desired effect if enough people pull together..
If all the nations were like this, it would be more difficult for tpb to control the masses..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It would be a good thing if this were to catch on, it's a good idea and one that thinks outside the box a little, but I guess it is obvious too.
Jit them where it hurts, it makes sense.

"Drink a drink to Eric the King"

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hmm as Boondock stated... Don't wait till Dec 7, do it before.

I was just thinking that if a lot of people find out about this they will think the same thing.
"If I wait till the 7th, I may miss out"
So they will make a run on the bank several days before.
IF this happens, it may actually happen a couple days prior to Dec 7.

This could get interesting. I will have to check my food supplies and ensure I have at least 3 days of food and water in reserve... This could get very interesting...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
This could get interesting. I will have to check my food supplies and ensure I have at least 3 days of food and water in reserve... This could get very interesting...

3 days???
ur joking right ???
u need at least enough for 30 days.
If the banks crash, I won't come out of
hiding for 30 days. As you will just
be assured to become a victim instead
of a participant.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

this is what the bankers rely on is your fear of change,change is what we need,but not obama hype type,more like cantonas logical thinking ,it is very hard to fool this brave french man,(and thats coming from an evertonian)he is prepared as rich man to stand next to his fellow human beings and use his power as a personality and do/say something for the good,

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Authorized revolution.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is a great idea to force the shady system to change. Although I would not wait another day. Pull out the monies now. I sold off all my shares in mutual funds and pulled my money out of the system months ago. This collapse is going to happen sooner or later. I hope all have the chance to get what they need before that happens.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Generally by striking which I must say has the desired effect if enough people pull together..

If the desired effect in France was for the new legislation which raised retirement age to 62 to pass then yeah it worked.

It didn't work. The age was raised. But lots of property was destroyed , travel disrupted, and who knows how many MILLIONS in tax payer money spent in clean up, and policing.

Population of France: 62 million.
People signed up on Facebook: 40 Thousand.

Effect: .0006% - Absolutely nothing.

Stop blaming the banks. WE are to blame, for our laziness, for our non chalance, for our greed.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yeah they still raised the retirement age, because they couldn't be seen to back down.. But I'm sure if the issue was brought up again, they would think twice knowing the reaction of the people..
Mmany times in history the French striking has had the desired effect.. And how many times have the french government come up with plans, that have not gone through because they know how the people will react..
If you look a little into French history you will see..
Not like here in the uk or even in the USA, they do what they want with little regard for the common folk, and we all just roll
Over and let it happen.. Good on the French I say...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
To those that are worried about crime...

One must sacrifice to get what one wants.

It's a two-way street and we forget we have to work to accomplish a goal even as a country, society, town...whatever.

I'm pulling my money by the way

I also read that they suggest putting your money in your local banks which could work maybe.... but, and I'm not sure, don't all the big banks own the little banks in some way by now?
edit on 21-11-2010 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

I pulled mine years ago....
When I say about the crimes, yes we have to sacrifice, of cos.
But, you wont be saying the same if someone broke into your house, beat up your mother or father or anyone in your family and then, takes all your money.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by itallmakesperfectsense
reply to post by Dr Cosma

this is what the bankers rely on is your fear of change,change is what we need,but not obama hype type,more like cantonas logical thinking ,it is very hard to fool this brave french man,(and thats coming from an evertonian)he is prepared as rich man to stand next to his fellow human beings and use his power as a personality and do/say something for the good,

Yes Cantona is great. I support Man Utd.
Im all for it, but there are many questions, its not so simple.
Plus, most of the people who have alot of cash are not going to get involved.
So if they dont take out their money then, whats the point?
Lets say 'Bob' has a million in the bank and doesnt withdraw it, Bobs money will be used to pay you.
Or if it actually happens and everyone tries to pull the money, they will cut the money flow, they'll simply put a cash limit. It happend in Argentina.
Another thing is bankrun, this december, where?
No one, I meen no one I know has heard about this, just me, because im a member of this site.
I told them that this is what is on peoples minds.
I talked with my father in law today and he told me it was a great idea but they will put a cash limit.
We need more time to think about how to do this properly. December is too soon, nothing is going to happen that will change anything.
Thats what I think anyway.
lol I dont have a bank account, I killed that machine for me its not there in my life.
But I will go with my family or friends and support them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Yes Cantona is great. I support Man Utd.
I talked with my father in law today and he told me it was a great idea but they will put a cash limit.
We need more time to think about how to do this properly. December is too soon, nothing is going to happen that will change anything.
Thats what I think anyway.
lol I dont have a bank account, I killed that machine for me its not there in my life.
But I will go with my family or friends and support them.

That's actually beautiful, you have to inform and educate bud.

Your education can spread the Cantona vid:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma.
When I say about the crimes, yes we have to sacrifice, of cos.
But, you wont be saying the same if someone broke into your house, beat up your mother or father or anyone in your family and then, takes all your money.

BRUV::: wtf! Protect the weak, but let them protect themselves too!! You must take charge of the situation if this is what fears you...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
On further inspection, although it seems like a great idea it is probably unlikely to work.
In 2001 in Argentina a similar idea started where the public where transferring peso's to USD, so the government implemented what was called Corralito which froze bank accounts for a whole year. The knock on effects where huge.
Still think it's a good idea though.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I believe it's catching on

the local fire dept.
police dept. and
church folk are opting
in on this deal.
That's about a hundred
people right there

now if all those 100
get 100 each and those get
100 each, then we will use
the pyramid scheme back
against the banks that
used it on us.
Kinda makes it bittersweet
doesn't it???
That works for both sides

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

i agree 40,000 does not sound like much, but things to take into account.

how many of them own more than 1 bank account, how many people are planning to do it who have not signed up and who do not have the internet. how many have partners and family who agree and are going to do the same?
that 40,000 could easily be 150,000 the 40,000 is just the figure that signed up on face book.

edit to add: as time passes and the governments listen less and less and do more and more to anger people, more people may opt for this form of protest. so who knows what the figure would be in the end.

edit on 22-11-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join