It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Underwater Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

This one was a WOW moment for me. Hard to believe it's natural.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15d4564e8407.jpg[/atsimg]

The impressive basalt columns that compose Giant's Causeway were formed in the Paleogene period in Northern Ireland as a result of volcanic activity.

However, Irish legend has it that the Irish giant Finn McCool built the causeway to walk to Scotland to fight his Scottish counterpart Benandonner. Upon arriving in Scotland, Finn fled when he saw that Bennadonner was, in fact, much larger than himself. When he didn't arrive, Benandonner crossed the bridge looking for him. To protect Finn, his wife Oonagh laid a blanket over Finn and pretended he was actually Finn's baby son. When Benandonner saw the size of the 'infant', he assumed the alleged father, Finn, must be gigantic indeed. So Benandonner fled home in terror, ripping up the Causeway in order to stop Finn from following him.

www.brynmawr.edu...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yes --- The Basalt Columns are so cool - but, but, but - keep in mind Basalt Columns form in vertical columns not horizontal and if they form under water - you have Pillow basalt which is more roundish

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I know right! I used to think that there was no way, but it's true. It's amazing what this planet can do all by itself

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Are there any such ancient constructions around those islands above today's sea-level? I mean the theory is the sea surface level waves forged the rocks, but are there any constructions like these that are Japanese tradition man-made constructions?

PS I was actually thinking about posting a pic of the Giant's Causeway as a neat example of rock formations water can work.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yonaguni Monument top is 5 meters (16 feet) below surface. It's 27 meters (90 feet) tall. So is placed on under-water land 30 meters below surface.

Now. When were the sea levels 30 METERS below?

Well, lets check it out

www.searchanddiscovery.net...
edit on 24-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This History Channel - Ancient Aliens Underwater Episode talked about the Yonaguni formation:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is a great series from 1998 by Graham Hancock, it covers underwater lost civiliazations plus much more.

Graham Hancock - Quest for the Lost Civilization (1 of 14)

Link to playlist:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-11-2010 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This was the answer I received: (Short, sweet and to the point)
Dear Paula:
I know very little about the site other than to tell you the features are natural.

i know very little about this stie, prob as much as him and from the one picture i saw even i can tell its not natural

top topics

<< 1   >>

join