It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland confirms EU financial rescue deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I wouldnt be surprised if this was one of many steps towards an NWO.

Maybe the banking and financial crisis were intentional forcing countries to take loans from the IMF with the intention of introducing a one world currency in the long run. Doesnt sound too far fetched to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

The Irish people will do what they see fit.

Regardless of the reasons why the economic situation in Ireland is where it is, what other options did the Irish government have other than accepting this loan?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I dont think they had any option, and i think it was planned to be that way. Im just wondering who is next in the firing line and also the reaction of the Irish people. Also do you think this will motivate the IRA to do anything??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

The IRA are / were nothing more than racketeering gangsters.
Someone may resurrect the name if they think they can make some money out of it.

What it will do is further strengthen the resolve of Northern Ireland to remain in the UK.

I feel sorry for Ireland, it has suffered enough, but selling your soul to the devil always comes at a heavy price.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is a very good blog article here:

gonzalolira.blogspot.com...

... that gives some pretty good reasons why the Irish people have just been stitched up like a kipper!!

I found it most illuminating, and well worth the read

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's obviously not a good thing that we have to take this bailout, but saying the EU is now in control of Ireland is incorrect. The consequences of taking this loan are forced tax increases for the majority of Irish people, but also higher corporation tax. Ironically, taking the loan puts the entire country in a tougher situation financially for the sake of struggling Irish banks. Our kids will still be paying for this decades down the line through tax. However, these tax conditions are about as bad as it gets. The EU/IMF will have no more say in the running of the country than they have had before. People forget that England took an IMF bailout in 1976, and the consequences were minimal. It does p*ss me off that we're being punished for banker's mistakes and oversights, and to hear smug, arrogant comments from European beurocrats like this..

Resentment has grown after one European Commission official described tough conditions attached to the EU-IMF bailout as the “Oliver Cromwell package” a reference to the Lord Protector of England, still hated by many Irish, for his bloody re-conquest of Ireland in 1649.

As always, everywhere, the lower and middle classes pull the short straw while the bankers and the wealthy are absolved of their responsibility. I can't picture rioting and unrest on the scale of Greece, unless the taxation is extreme, we'll have to wait and see. One thing is for certain, the Irish people will only be pushed so far.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

From what I can see, its a trickle down effect, I read alot of Euro people making statements about how we shouldnt follow in thier foot steps, and we are the last hope to break this chain???.........
Is any other gov'mnt or bankster, any diffrent then our own when it comes to them taking over?
Only diffrence I see, is they GAVE UP their rights to guns, I was lucky enough to see what happen to Austraila once thier gun ban was in effect, how street crime went through the roof and it was a "Strongest Will Survive" type situation if you ever encountered anything. It was amazing how many "Good Will" groups were involved in that gun grap.
Im thinking people are looking to see how far it goes in the states before "EVERYONE" has had enough or they see a true growth in people willing to stand up and say NO. Yes you may get shot or thrown in some sort of camp, but at least you did it your way.

If Ireland is on the verge of banko as it is, then why not take to the street and protest this issue, what's there to loose??
Im not against the Irish folks by any means, its my heritage, and Im not stirring the # pile, just converstaion here.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm curious as to the details of Irelands demise,financially?

The ops linked article states.

Once known as the Celtic Tiger for its strong economic growth - helped by low corporate tax rates - a property bubble burst leaving the country's banks with huge liabilities and pushing up the cost of borrowing for them and the government.

Now what I'm curious about is how closely did Irelands financial demise mimick the housing bubble collapse of America? Were banking regulations relaxed and bad loans made? I'm starting to make a sinister connection here,my conspiracy alarm bells are going off.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I agree, the #pile is smelling worse and worse. Funny how 6 months ago I was watching a documentry on the Recent Financial Growth and what a good thing they had going. It was refreshing to see considering the Buggering they have been getting through out time.

With the recent claims by IRA about targeting the Banksters, I guess we will see if they will walk the walk now?? This maybe the starting point?

And if the rumor is true about Americans loosing their UE bennys these next few weeks, we may have our starting point. The TSA Kiddi Pedo's will get a free pass, no one seems to care if they get felt up or grouped, but once you leave them without money or jobs, then they might have the mind set to get a bolder stance and do something.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I wonder what ireland have to put up in return? Is the people or the land the backers in return?

I wonder if there are any underground bases in ireland, and if not, will they be building them now, with plans of running society, lol, like other nations.

The people and the land, Andy. Don't know about the bases...peace, mate.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
We irish will do nothing we will go to the pubs like the stereotypical irish buffoon seen in many a movie and complain till were durnk and fall down or fight the person next to them, there are only a few people here in ireland willing to stand up and fight back the rest of them wont fight bact because they might miss the finals of x factor or some other mind numbing tv show, we sold our souls for mortages, we were brain washed by greed, the few who seen this comeing were ridiculed and laughed at as begrudgers, but now we will lose our identity as a nation just to keep our over priced homes, .... what we need to do is reduce our goverment buildings to rubble put our corrupt leaders on trial and execute them for treason,

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Not too different to the UK then really.

We have more in common than many would have us believe!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

The link provided by Dagar shed's some light on things;
gonzalolira.blogspot.com...

As does this post;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

It has nothing to do with guns or The Right To Bear Arms.
The Irish of all people have shown how easy it is for us to get hold of guns if we want to and what we could do to each other if we had them readily available.

IMO this is more to do with the France / Germany alliance and their agenda of achieving a compliant and subserviant Europe.

Which is why it is imperative that we in the UK resist Cameron and Clegg's attempts to draw us further into the EU camp and why we should demand a referendum on continued membership of the EU.
We signed up for Free Trade not total economic and political union.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The demise of Ireland has been brewing over the last few years and this current situation makes me physcially sick and very angry.

I left Ireland 12 years ago and I have been watching the gradual disintergration of the Irish populace from the outside. The money that was used was the Germans. The banks threw money at the people and created a false economy based on construction and false housing prices. That is it in plain truth without any fancy dressing. Where in the world could you get a 120% mortage?? As someone once said to me that when you walk past a house with a 120% mortage..that YOU own more of the house than the owner himself.

The bankers and politicians have AGAIN wrecked another country financially. Ireland has no real natural resources besides rain and Guinness. How do they expect to pay all this back?? NEVER is the answer. The blindness and greed of the Irish people has been their own downfall. The rich are deserting the country as they have the money stashed in off shore accounts. Its the ordinary workers who will pay for this and it will take many years and a few generations just to pay the damm interest.

When the budget comes out in December, the people will understand the real depth of this problem. They will see that were caught up in and blinded by the "good times". Reality will bite but unfortunatley this time its not a warning.

I hope and pray that they are so annoyed that they take to the streets and get to the people who are at the foundations of blame. The country has been robbed and sold by some of our own people and these robbers must be brought to justice.

The new sign at Dublin airport should read" Welcome to Rothschilds Island".

edit on 22-11-2010 by Irish Matador because: because I wanted to

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I didnt say it was about guns or the right to bare them, but if you did still have those rights, maybe there wouldnt be so many issues, is all Im saying. This is the only reason I think we have what rights left that we do.

You just might need those rights to get past these upcoming issues, this being a big reason why "WE" are not so willing to give ours up, and "Gov'mnt is pressing so hard to take them. If they take ours (guns or rights), then they know their going to roll over us like they did you.
I dont give a # what anyone says, this is not going to end by legal reform or Gov'mnt reform,peace talks, or flower child mentalities, how long is it going to take to wake up??
They are doing what they want now and ignoring the people and any means the people try using to correct the ongoing rape of the countries,the gov'mnt, keeps pushing the line to see how far they can take it with the US people before we start to truely crack.

But to the Irish and the issues at hand, Im still in shock in seeing how well they were doing, and talks about new companies coming in and starting up, the largest growth Ireland has seen in many many years, now six months later, they are flat broke, going BankO, and having to kiss the ass of the EU bankers and gov'mnt, this Chitpile has "UN take over" all over it.

The only reason I brought up Austriala, was seeing how easy it was to strip the people of their guns when they had huge amounts of "guilt" being spewed at them on a daily bases by Corp. Companies, music, movie stars. I could just Ball Kick punk ass movie stars who bad mouth guns, and the US people for thinking we have the right to own guns, but in the same breath turn around and make a super shoot'em up movie with lots of action, explosions and gun play.........

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thousands of people will be marching through dublin tomorrow in opposition to the government cuts, the 15billion four year saving plan is a joke. Those hugely affected will be the lower class and working class people, paying higher taxes, minimun wage is being lowered, education costs will be raised ( not a hope for lower class families to get their kids into university ) fuel and electricity prices are going up also, it appears the upper class will not loose out at all, with no extra taxes for the wealthy. Its ridiculous! I hope that there is a good turn out tomorrow to get the message across.

please excuse the typing today, I cant find my glasses.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Exactly the same as the UK.
Whills those that got us in this mess continue unaffected in their privelidged little bubble.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join