It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland confirms EU financial rescue deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ireland confirms EU financial rescue deal

www.bbc.co.uk

The Republic of Ireland and the EU have agreed a financial rescue package, Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen has confirmed.

The taioseach said the amount and terms would be negotiated in the coming days with the EU and the IMF.

Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan said the amount would be less than 100bn euros (£85bn; $136bn).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ireland have buckled to the EU and are basically EU owned now. How will this affect EU economy? Are there any Irish members here with views on this breaking news?

I think that it is very interesting times for everyone in Europe but i think the Irish should have held out and not folded to the evil corrupt European Union.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't have a choice. The country is completely and totally bankrupt.

This will be old news pretty quickly. Just to clarify this an EU and IMF rescue deal. They will slowly take control of the country.

They have several other countries already.Ireland has fallen. They will be moving onto Spain and Portugal next.

One by one they will all fall.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I completely agree.

To me this is just one step closer to a USE (United States of Europe) Under one central european government. And i also think its too late now to do anything about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I wonder what ireland have to put up in return? Is the people or the land the backers in return?

I wonder if there are any underground bases in ireland, and if not, will they be building them now, with plans of running society, lol, like other nations.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Hmm I bet some people in Ireland will not take this to well. The Irish are a strong people I bet they will not take this laying down. Time will tell but if nothing is done soon the sovereignty of all the EU countries could be at stake.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In return... they are in debt to the EU and are now in the EU's pockets. The EU effectively now own Ireland in my opinion and theres nothing the Irish people can do about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

There is not much they can do, we know there is a drive to get this thing sorted and out in the open now.

Eu is here and people need to accept that.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
As an Irish person I am really disapointed with the news. It was inevitable however the country has been destroyed by greed of the major financial institutions and I must admit the population themselves who were obsessed with property. We had normal people buying 2-3 houses on the backs of 100% mortgages borrowing with equity that was both imaginary and false. I am dreading this fallout my children's children will be paying for the sins of their fathers. The financial regulator should be tried for treason against the state. Now I'm not Irish anymore I'm a European.

edit on 21-11-2010 by LogicUser because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicUser

Unfortunately the way i see it, it was a lose lose situation for Ireland and it wasnt going to be a good road whichever decision they took. I know a lot of people are not going to be happy about this though and im just interested to see what develops with this over time.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
im glad my Dad's familly emmigrated in the early 18oos
so we can say we are from French Irish Indian decent on his side and like the poster above said
not U R A pee on
edit on 21-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The basic premise is a good one, one country, one people NO ARMY required! if we all live in one country with one government then who is there to go to war with? NO ONE, sow e do not need an armed force which cost us all over 1.4 trillion a year global which can be better spent on education and sustainable living.

I for one would vote for a One World Government. The only problem is that we will not get to vote let alone decide what laws will be made and how things will be done. So the NWO will simply be an extension of the corrupt system we already have in place. The main differences will be as follows:

1) No armed forces to fight wars against each other - This will result in them creating a new enemy (bio-weapon, mother earth, or alien)

2) Their will be electronic money, in the form of credits which will mean the government can create as much money as it wants without any fear of destabilising the baking industry which will no longer exist. They will literally own EVERYTHING and we will simply get use of things in return for working for them.

3) You will never get to be one of the power players, that will be reserved for those BORN or who marry into the right families.

4) You will have NO rights, but you will be allowed to behave in a way that would be considered debauched now. That way they break down society norms and make you more likely to follow new orders especially the orders which we would consider un reasonable - Like putting your hands an a child genitals in front of other people and claiming to be doing so for their safety.

"Don't worry Mrs Jones, I am just molesting your son to ensure you are safe, you never know who is a terrorist these days. Perhaps you should have his priest check him daily if he is not already." - things like this that no one in their right mind would agree to do!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I hope the Irish Gov held out long enough to ensure they got the best deal they can under the circumstances..

Tho all in all not great news.. and who will the vultures turn on next.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by moosevernel

Hmm I bet some people in Ireland will not take this to well. The Irish are a strong people I bet they will not take this laying down. Time will tell but if nothing is done soon the sovereignty of all the EU countries could be at stake.

I expect there will be some rioting. Personally , I don't see any point. People will get upset, Throw some stones. maybe set fire to a few places. Law enforcement will come out and squash them like bugs.If they have any trouble Europe can send in help. People will then go home and feel sorry for themselves and just get on with life. Its happened in lots of other countries with the exact same outcome.

They are talking about how everybody is going to have to work harder to sort this. Many people have worked very hard all their lives and lost everything over the last couple of years with economic turmoil. They now have nothing. Many retired people have lost everything. They can't even go back to work. Now I am be told we all have to work harder. F**K off. I have seen so many people work hard all their lives and now have nothing and are terrified.
The only way there can be change is if the system fails.. This will not be allowed happen. Too many people are brainwashed. I know its a cliche but it is one big prison planet now. They only place you will find freedom is within. Thats where I have turned.

See you there friends.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is this where we should tell the Irish to buck up and stand up for themselves??? Or is everyone sitting around with their thumb up their arse waiting to see what America does??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Europe has accepted that we are one virtually. We have a different history to you lot, and that makes us sick of all the differences that seperated europe.

I do not think europeans expect you to do anything either.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Latvia welcomes Ireland into club of countries who sold out to EU, IMF.

I do not agree however to the statement that people can't do anything about it.

Russian Empire borrowed money from UK, USA and France but as the government was overthrown Lenin said that they ain't gonna give them back anything because they haven't taken anything - it was different government - the monarchists, the Tzar who borrowed. And they haven't re-payed those debts since.

So we have an option to overthrow government and then defend ourselves from debtors EU, IMF. And we succeed - we are free if not well at least we tried.

It's not like government asked us whether to take that loan. They were/is corrupt - they stole from our budget, lead the country to bankruptcy and now they borrow from IMF and sell out once again.

The question is: Are we the people are going to take it?

Open your windows and shout: "I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore."

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

What has it got to do with America?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Absolutely nothing, i have seen it on lots of threads about the UK/Europe etc the conversation always steers to America somehow. I just hope the Irish populace do not take this lying down and do something about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Whats a little confusing is why the EU and IMF? What percentage comes from the EU and what percentage comes from the IMF? And what are the specific conditions of each,these are questions the Irish need to be asking loudly.

Been doing a little research into the IMF,their hands are dirty,this has nwo written all over it in big bold letters.

en.wikipedia.org...

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is the intergovernmental organization that oversees the global financial system by following the macroeconomic policies of its member countries, in particular those with an impact on exchange rate and the balance of payments. It is an organization formed with a stated objective of stabilizing international exchange rates and facilitating development through the enforcement of liberalising economic policies[1][2] on other countries as a condition for loans, restructuring or aid.[3] It also offers highly leveraged loans, mainly to poorer countries. Its headquarters are in Washington, D.C., United States. The IMF's relatively high influence in world affairs and development has drawn heavy criticism from some sources.[4][5]

edit on 11/21/10 by nickoli because: clarity

top topics

<<   2 >>

join