It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida airport : submit to a full body scan or full pat down OR GO TO JAIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yeah and America hasn't turned into Soviet Russia right?

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Deputies may detain Palm Beach International Airport travelers who refuse to submit to a full-body scanner or a pat down, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office confirmed Friday.

Those bastards need to go BANKRUPT.

Since the bought and paid for legal system won't do a thing, congress won't do a thing, Obama won't do a thing, the only non-violent thing to do is to boycott/protest them till they all go bankrupt.

But of course once they all go bankrupt, then the US government takes over and YOU CAN'T BANKRUPT THEM.

Is this what they want? A US government take over of the airline industry?
edit on 21-11-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Since the bought and paid for legal system won't do a thing, congress won't do a thing, Obama won't do a thing, the only non-violent thing to do is to boycott/protest them till they all go bankrupt.

But of course once they all go bankrupt, then the US government takes over and YOU CAN'T BANKRUPT THEM.

Right. Congress already bankrupted us. We can't bankrupt twice.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
That article is actually leaving something out. Darn it, I need to find the other article I was reading (which may have been on CNN.com) where the PBC's Sherrif said that while the TSA may detain you and get local law enforcement at all, their deputies have to, by law, have reasonable suspicion, They further went on to say that just because the TSA claims leaving the security line is reasonable suspicion that to the deputies at the airport, that may well NOT be enough to consitute it. They have a much higher lawful standard they have to follow. Or at least that's how I understood it.

Let me see if I can track that quote down.

ETA: Actually I think it was on MSNBC and now I can't find the article again, so I'm wondering if it got removed for some reason or another. I really wish, at the time, I had bookmarked it. I'll keep searching though.
edit on 21-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No they can't if you decide to say"hey you knoww what I won't fly; BUH-BYE" And let them try if you just decide It isn't worth it and they arrest you, you can sue for false imprisonment! S**** I'd rather walk then fly on their crakchead piloted planes anyway!!!! peace out TSA Douchebags!!!!
edit on 21-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Florida has become a police state, no doubt about it. With Pam Bondi being elected as State Attorney General it will only get worse. As soon as I am finished with my probation I will be moving out of my home state, I can't do it legally right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
reply to post by Vitchilo

Let the TSA know what you think

I would but I don't wanna be put on any terrorist watch list for calling them Lowlife scumbag douchebag ....and much much more I cannot Put here!!!!!!!!

edit on 21-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Found it!

Palm Beach Sheriff's Office spokesperson Teri Barbera said PBSO deputies stationed at the airport would become involved when requested by the TSA.

We will handle each incident on a case-by-case basis," she said.

No one will be forcibly searched or arrested "just because they refuse to go through the security procedures," Barbera said. "That may rise to the level of suspicious behavior for the TSA, but it wouldn't rise to the level of suspicious behavior for a deputy," she said.

This is from an article dated on Friday, so I wonder if the PBC Sheriff's office was forced somehow to back down from that stance?

Source

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I hear ya. I composed my letters in a torrent and edited them afterwards to be less harsh in language.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Yeah I went and wrote the complaint anyway, I mean after all, in 2008 they made me go through the body scanner and was going to let my 9 year old daughter keep on walking she could have gotten snatched it was very busy and there was all kinds of exits, I mean they don't have any security to exit the dang waiting area!!! I Had to yell at the stupid idiot "HEY MORON COULD YOU STOP MY DAUGHTER SHE IS 9YRS OLLD!!!!!" So finally they did, but yeah I made a complaint about it and I was good!!!!

That was the last time I flew, haven't flown since and WILL NOT FLY!!!!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

join