It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Facebook Pastor Was In A Three-Way With His Wife And Male Church Assistant!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Anti-Facebook Pastor Was In A Three-Way With His Wife And Male Church Assistant!

perezhilton< br />

Rev. Cedric Miller, a New Jersey pastor and leader of Living Word Christian Fellowship Church, gained notoriety this week when he called the social networking website a "portal to infidelity" and demanded that married church leaders delete their accounts or resign.

However, this guy has no business discussing infidelity, because in 2003, he and his wife were involved in a three-way sexual relationship with a male church assistant!

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.torontosun.com

www2.dailyprogress.com

www.boston.com
edit on 21-11-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yep you heard it... the guy demands that all clergy in the church delete their facebook accounts because it's a portal to infidelity, yet he's got a past full of this stuff.

A lot of people forget that St Augustine, the one who preached so vociferously against he temptations of the flesh, specifically sex, was himself a recovering SEX ADDICT!

How many do we have to see/hear about before we realize that those who preach the loudest against something are those who are the most guilty of that which they preach against!!!

This is true not only of religious figures but political figures as well, as in all the anti-gay republicans who come to find out are gay themselves!

[url=http://perezhilton.com/2010-11-21-rev-cedric-miller-was-involved-in-three-way-relationship-with-wife-and-male-church-assistant]perezhilton.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Do not know of his case, but peopel should be aware that media and govs can go back through your life if they target you. So just like that wikileaks geezer and this bloke, you make sure your clean.

The media and gov can turn totally innocent things into malicious rubbish.

Personally i could not care less about this guy or what he does, he is right about facebook. I can say it, and the uk gov and police have been through my life, and they could not find anything lol.

So if your talking about these people make sure they cannot go back and find something as they will turn anything in your life into something malicious.

The geezer is right, but maybe he was a hypocrite for saying it.
edit on 11/21/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is why I love to read and laugh out loud what these pastors do and say. Every pastor is a hypocrite when they speak out against something.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I agree competely. I have found that those that want everyone to see them as pillars of the church often belong in the basement. Pastors, decons, everyone has skeletons in their closet, it just seems like these guys have a whole graveyard.

This is why I am not affliated in any religion, if you can't trust a pastor or preacher, who can u trust?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is why I love to read and laugh out loud what these pastors do and say. Every pastor is a hypocrite when they speak out against something.

Every pastor is "HUMAN", not a hypocrite.
Yes there are plenty of hypocrites out there, but remember, they are all just human.
Jesus Himself said "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"
The Apostle Paul called himself "chief among sinners".
The Psalmist David was a murderer and adulterer, but was referred to by God as "a man after His Own heart".
Noah got drunk shortly after the ark landed on solid ground.
Moses killed an Egyptian guard.
I could go on, but suffice it to say that the Bible is full of adulters, murderers, liars, cheats, etcs. Only Jesus was perfect, no one else.
Churches and pastors do a great deal of good for people and they are all packed full of mere humans. Are there some really evil preachers out there, just in it for the money? Yep, but they are the exception not the rule.
So climb down off your judgement throne there buddy and get down here in the mud and dirt with the rest of us mortals.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

That is where we're going to have to disagree and to me Jesus was no where near perfect. I can go on for hours how Jesus was a liar and so forth.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
He doesn't want his congregation on Facebook because it is out of fear he'll get "busted" by his own church members.

It's like, "What's the difference between a Baptist and a Presbyterian in a liquor store?" Give up? The Presbyterian will speak to you if you run into him. Get it?
edit on 21/11/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Surely it was a black day for church members.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I keep telling people that this is why pastorized homo milk isn't good for you
the subliminal advertizing on the bag is reaking havoc with vulmerable minds.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well, I agree with the general thrust of your OP, so Flag, but no stars. Its this bit:

How many do we have to see/hear about before we realize that those who preach the loudest against something are those who are the most guilty of that which they preach against!!!
I've read you before & I suspect this was just a slip of the semantic tongue, falling into the common parlance etc, but "guilty"? What the man is guilty of is being a hypocrite. There's nothing "guilty" about enjoying a sex life simply b/c its not the sanctioned norm.
I realise this is a pernickety detail, but seriously: language is not just the expression of ideas, by defining ideas, it normalises some & marginalises others. If we are ever to break free from the herd mentality, a good 1st step is to stop using "common parlance" in our efforts to communicate & take the time to find the words to say what we actually mean.
Anyhoo, good job for bringing this to ATS. Imo, prudery is just 1 form of ignorance that needs denying.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
It's like, "What's the difference between a Baptist and a Presbyterian in a liquor store?" Give up? The Presbyterian will speak to you if you run into him. Get it?
No I dont. Seriously, I've very little clue about the differences between various christian sects, other than the obvious catholic/protestant divide & the more fringe lifestylers, like mormons, jehovah's witnesses, Society of Friends (for whom I probably have the most respect amongst christians), etc.
Please explain.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

Timothy 3:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

People amaze me. You DO NOT go to his church so why do you care? The media is purposely distorting this story and demonizing this man because he chose to go against a government tool (facebook) for the express purpose of helping MARRIAGES in his congregation? You are really mad because this MAN wants to preserve the sanctity of MARRIAGE?

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

1) He did not ask ANYONE to resign or quit the church, as the church leader he is making an executive decision that the other leaders in his church should either delete their facebook accounts OR make their accounts FAMILY accounts where both spouses share the same password and the same page.

2) Over TWENTY marriages in his congregation have encountered trouble from re-connecting with ex's from their past on facebook. (when church members get married or have marital trouble it is VERY common for them to seek counseling from their pastor)

3) He testified in court in 2003 (it is now one month from 2011) that he participated in "swinging" activities. He testified in court EIGHT years ago. It did not state when the "swinging" parties took place, it simply said EIGHT years ago he admitted it in court. Nothing illegal about attending a "swinger" party and he ADMITTED it so he didn't lie. He also stated that he told the senior members of the church about it. No where does it state he was a pastor at that time.

4) The headline says he had a 3way with his wife and a male member of his church. If you read the article it says it was a male AND the males WIFE!! That is two married couples, two men and two women. No underage kids, no homosexual behavior.

So eight or more years ago a man who is now a pastor attended a "swingers" party. Does it not disturb ANYONE that the media chooses to bring this out NOW because this man has spoken out against facebook? If i were a recovering drug addict and i met a man who used to be just like me but managed to clean up his life I would take his advice over someone who has never touched a drug in their life. How can someone who's never driven a car teach me how to drive? When kids get "scared straight" their parents take them to jail for a day so the PRISONERS can give them advice.

The man has sinned before and more than likely will sin again. HE IS A HUMAN BEING. The past THREE presidents have ALL admitted drug use but NONE of them have legalized ANY drug. All parents tell their kids not to lie or steal but ALL parents have lied and stolen before. Why the witch hunt for this man? What did he really do so wrong? He attended a "swinger" party over EIGHT years ago??

I have a friend who is a Lawyer and she told me her firm requires its attorneys to delete their Myspace, Twitter and ALL other social networking sites. I've personally deleted my facebook account a while ago for my own personal reasons. The most disturbing part of this story is that the ONLY reason we are discussing him and the ONLY reason the media is trying to dig up dirt on him is because he spoke out against "all mighty" FACEBOOK?? Thats it, he didn't do anything else.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

Timothy 3:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

edit on 21-11-2010 by ProphecyPhD because: i wrote "be be thou an example" instead of "but be thou an example" had to correct that.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Exactly.

The gov and media groups can go through your whole life to find anything, and it may be totally innocent and they will make it into a malicious thing that truns peopel off.

David cameron and barack obama have both done drugs like you say, and i am sure alot more bad things. But those things are known by the ptb and they will not come out as they are controlled by such information. Things like foxnews would use investigative services to find out rubbish about people, like i assume facebook can.

All you people would be surprsied how much they can find out, as effectively the uk and usa govs can literally take all your memories.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Every pastor is "HUMAN", not a hypocrite.
Yes there are plenty of hypocrites out there, but remember, they are all just human.
Jesus Himself said "let he that is without sin cast the first stone"
The Apostle Paul called himself "chief among sinners".
The Psalmist David was a murderer and adulterer, but was referred to by God as "a man after His Own heart".
Noah got drunk shortly after the ark landed on solid ground.
Moses killed an Egyptian guard.
I could go on, but suffice it to say that the Bible is full of adulters, murderers, liars, cheats, etcs. Only Jesus was perfect, no one else.
Churches and pastors do a great deal of good for people and they are all packed full of mere humans. Are there some really evil preachers out there, just in it for the money? Yep, but they are the exception not the rule.
So climb down off your judgement throne there buddy and get down here in the mud and dirt with the rest of us mortals.
Seeashrink

Couldn't have said it better myself.
This guys on the right track. Stop trying to judge people for mistakes. How dare YOU judge when GOD forgives??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I keep telling people that this is why pastorized homo milk isn't good for you
the subliminal advertizing on the bag is reaking havoc with vulmerable minds.
Ok. Apparently, Queen Cleopatra used to bathe in asses' milk. 1 day the milkman arrived with the delivery & she was already waiting, naked in the bath.
He asked, "Do you want it Pasteurised?"
"No," she replied, "Just up to my tits will do!"
Of course, if they were christians, this conversation could not have happened, b/c christians want to pretend that a) we are not sexual beings, b) whatever sexuality we cannot avoid expressing can only done within the strictest confines of sanctioned circumstances & c) women do not have a sexuality outside of that which is engendered by their male sanctioned partner.
Personally, give me Cleopatra over The Virgin Mary any day of the week. I want an equal, & whilst I do also enjoy dominating a sub, they must be worth dominating. Some naive fool who doesn't know a deliberate muscular contraction from a twitch or spasm is just not going to get invited back. Life's too short. If you were too christian to learn in your teens, its not my fault. There are professional therapists that can help. I'm not 1 of them. Bye!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

What God are you talking about here? Jesus? Jesus is not a God and there is no such thing as a God. You cannot and never prove to me Jesus exist and that he is what you view him to be.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I only have two things to say:

1) People never change?
2) Perez Hilton

Then I'll simply refer you back to this excellent post, by ProphecyPhD.
edit on 21-11-2010 by WTFover because: to give credit to ProphecyPhD

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Excuse me but what's wrong with a 3some? He wasn't cheating.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wonder how many times he has instilled pure fright and nightmares in his cult followers by promising them guaranteed eternal "doom" in a fiery "HELL" for even the very thought of sexual activity or even looking at an attractive person.

I wonder how many young adults he has instilled with unimaginable fear and guilt for such NATURAL and HARMLESS activity, and here the HYPOCRITE does it in a "going-to-town-in-style" fashion with the one that has been discovered. Such fashion is probably the norm...

HYPOCRITE.

Church folk, from what I see over and over and over, just CANNOT act right. The HYPOCRITES go around parading like they are 100% pure and righteous and that all others will go to hell, but in reality they are all nothing but HYPOCRITES misbehaving like the "devils" they so often warn against and scare folks with.

HYPOCRITES.

Religion STINKS and so does their CULT leaders HYPOCRITES.

edit on 21-11-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join