It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why a cover up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what would be the reason for the government to cover up the existence of aliens and ufos?
could it be solely to stop widespread panic or something else?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's not about panic. It's about that the aliens who are controlling the government who wants to control the world who will use us as slaves in our homeworld. New World Order. A fake alien invasion will come in 2012 to prep up the NWO!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

There are a number of reasons in my personal opinion, the cheif of all, is farm planet and slavery.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
It's not about panic. It's about that the aliens who are controlling the government who wants to control the world who will use us as slaves in our homeworld. New World Order. A fake alien invasion will come in 2012 to prep up the NWO!

Of course, it is about panic and about sixteen other aspects. One of the prime ones is that govrnments don't want any superior force coming to town. Well, they are here by their own invitation anyway, telling us our house is dirty. Their "recommendations" are several: diversity, sustanability, globalization, Agenda 21, NWO, things, UN being our earthly master, spreading the wealth of rich countries to those poorer, etc. It is all around us in different dresses and makeup and what is underneath is not what the average individual from an industrialzed country would want to marry.

Then, long before all of those things started coming down the pike, there was those decades of intense military secrecy because those pesky UFOs represented the most astounding secret weapon that humans had ever seen. The way UFO move here on Earth and in space is an advancement to humanity that is equal to the invention of the wheel. But, yeah, panic is way up there. Right after domination of the masses.

Perhaps the only bright spot!!! is that our human masters have those overlords looking over their shoulders. Some of us would like to think that is a good thing, because if there is one thing we know, you can't trust humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And if people state there is no cover up I guess they should watch this video first as it proves there is indeed a cover up and that disks were recovered.

I think this video deserves its own thread to be honest.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by krs678
what would be the reason for the government to cover up the existence of aliens and ufos?

Perhaps we're hostages to fortune by a race of unknowns who have infiltrated the highest echelons of power and walk freely in our streets? The cover-up could be designed to maintain stability in the world population and ensure that whatever resources they are here for aren't threatened by public disorder. This world could be a way-station en route from one point to another. A minor hub of activity worth stationing some small garrison to protect the assets.

Then again, maybe they are covering up the knowledge that transitory lights in the skies and occasional witness reports don't amount to much? Like the boy in the play ground saying, 'Boy, wouldn't you like to know!?' when he really knows nothing at all.

That's a fancy-ass way of saying

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

Very good question. I personally think that there is nothing to cover up. The govt. does not know anymore than the average witness knows. They just keep the myth going because as a government they are suppose to know everything.

The whole UFO phenomenon is in my opinion beyond the ability of the government to understand. It cannot be solved by science only. Just because the government has access to jet fighter logs and accounts does not mean they have more information. Same applies to NASA secret documents. It is always the same , strange light and objects that can move very fast , etc, etc. It has always been the case of chasing shadows.

As for grey aliens working with the govt., this does require the stretching of the imagination.

I believe that the understanding of UFOs requires an understanding of the meaning of life itself. Meanwhile I just treat UFOs and aliens as beings and entities that we should not get too close to.

edit on 21-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have read about several reason why the US government in particular is actively covering up the existence of extraterrestrial visitation and crafts. One is that the gov't negotiated with ET (a foreign power) back around the Truman era in violation of the US Constitution behind the back of Congress and the rest of government and was then betrayed when ET screwed us over by abducting people and not returning them, etc. At that point the gov't would have to admit its active participation in these events which of course would be admitting big time guilt.

Another reason is that the gov't has done studies that have predicted that the result of the admission of such visitation would be devastating on society.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A sudden disclosure to a society that has not even let go of religion and still in relative terms an infant regards evolution would cause panic and hysteria on a global scale. The only way to ready the world is to educate and advance our civilization to the point where aliens while appearing advanced would not be so threatening and be accepted as helping better the human race.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think the Military covers up the existence of UFO's for military purposes only. I also think there are a lot of assumptions made about how people will react to the news and the military just doesn't want to take any chances.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another reason is military/security related. It's not cool to admit that any such advanced technology exists whether or not you own it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The theory that the government has made deals with ETs is a bit far-fetched in my view. All I can say is that, if this is the case , then ETs must be descendants or, rather, ancestors of the species known as the tortoise. Why ? Because 50 years down the road they still have not progressed their agenda.

I still believe that UFOs/Aliens are entities living on different planes. Occasionally they step into our mundane environment.
edit on 22-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by krs678

There are so many reasons, it's hard to know where to begin...

If you're in charge of protecting your citizens, do you really want them to know you are powerless to stop these kinds of incursions?

If you have alien tech that would make certain industries obsolete, do you tell people, and have those industries collapse (and with it, your economies)?

Apart from the panic, you'd have to deal with the inevitable questions that then arise...whether religious or not, suddenly we humans aren't "the brightest" in the Universe? That's a harder pill to take then you might think, I'd bet...

In our own history, when two cultures clash or even meet, inevitably, the more advanced culture's ways are adopted... Would we lose our cultural identity?

These are just a few considerations, and these are if they are benign...if they intend ill will, then we've got even more reasons to keep the secret.....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

SERVICE TO SELF
SLAVERY
SAVE THEY OWN ARS
SLAVERY
NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR EVERYBODY
SLAVERY
WE ARE SLAVES FOR NOT BEING ON TO ALL THE LATEST TECHS. AVAILABLE WHICH COULD MAKE US RICHER SLAVES, SMH

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

No, that's not it. the real reason is, the government does not know how to deal with these ETs, and the weapons system our military have is no match for what the ETs have. Deals have been struck with the ETs, technology in return for human experimentation, and some humans doing certain experiments that ETs cannot, or will not do. And, the American government refused help from some ETs...

Valiant Thor from the Planet Venus

new topics

top topics

join